borrowing/modifying question

kgou

Earning My Ears
Morning! We have a Dec '24 trip booked at VGF and I borrowed points from '25 for the booking. If I am able to modify at the 7 month mark to another resort (which I know will be difficult if not impossible given the time of year, but we prefer 1BDs so maybe a chance) that uses fewer points, will the booking automatically take the borrowed points first which would allow me to bank any '24 points into my '25 use year if the banking window hasn't passed by then? I believe the answer is yes, but wanted to ask the experts. TY!!

Yes, it would take the borrowed points first. The system is designed to take borrowed / banked points before other points.

thank you! this is what I thought. Can you tell I'm still a DVC newbie? haha.

thank you! this is what I thought. Can you tell I'm still a DVC newbie? haha.

I believe they use points in this order:

(i) Holding Points (ii) Banked Points (iii) Borrowed Points (iv) Transferred Points (v) Regular Annual Allotment

I believe they use points in this order:

(i) Holding Points (ii) Banked Points (iii) Borrowed Points (iv) Transferred Points (v) Regular Annual Allotment
thanks!! btw, love the mugs in your signature! goals for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter