Bought Saturday, more pts today!

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We've got the DVC bug! Well, actually, my wife has the add points bug. We bought 400 pts at AKV Friday night and sent the check off Saturday. Well, today, my wife decided that 400 pts wasn't enough and bought another 160! Since the check hadn't reached our guide yet, we were able to just add on the extra points to the new contract.
With the developer points, we're starting out the year with 1160 pts! WOOHOO!! :cool1: Quite the amazing number of pts!

Enjoy those points! It's great when you both agree that DVC and more points are for you!

Bobbi:goodvibes

WOW enjoy all those points . I know if I could afford more I would have more. I truelly think there is no such thing as to many points only the limits of your finances.

That's awesome news. I have to say that you should consider not adding the 160 pts to your 400 pt contract (instead make it a separate contract...or maybe 2 separate contracts). Smaller contracts give you much more flexibility (and $$) in resales.

Congrats and good luck. I'm envious of sooo many pts!!

Congratulations on your purchases and a BIG :welcome: HOME!!

That's awesome news. I have to say that you should consider not adding the 160 pts to your 400 pt contract (instead make it a separate contract...or maybe 2 separate contracts). Smaller contracts give you much more flexibility (and $$) in resales.

Congrats and good luck. I'm envious of sooo many pts!!

Excellent advice. A 560 point contract will be very tough to sell in the future.

We have 150 at BWV
180 at VWL (in two contracts of 150 and 30)
200 at AKV (in 4 contracts of 50 each)

Much more flexible for the future that way.

Thanks for the good wishes and welcome homes! We wanted to get the developer points and the only way to do that is to be a new member.

My understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong), is that once you have a contract, if you purchase points at a different resort the new contact is a add on to the master contract.

We don't want to loose out on the matching developer pointsthough.

We wanted to get the developer points and the only way to do that is to be a new member.

Not correct. The matching developer pts are available to anyone purchasing in excess of 100 pts. at AKV or SSR. I know that some have posted that DVC let them purchase 100 pts in smaller contract lots, but they may give you some grief about that. Your initial contract does need to be 160 pts if you are purchasing directly from DVC, but add-ons can be as little at 25 pts and certainly you can get Developer pts for purchasing in 100 pt increments. You need to check your paper work to find out if DVC is giving you one 560 pt contract or a 400 pt plus a 160 pt contract.

In any event, if you are able to re-do at this point, it would be a very good time to make sure your contracts are properly sliced up. (Maybe one 160 pt contract and four 100 pt contracts?)

My understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong), is that once you have a contract, if you purchase points at a different resort the new contact is a add on to the master contract.

Also, not entirely correct. Any purchase of additional pts made after your initial purchase is an "add-on." It can be at the same resort or a different resort, but it will be legally a separate deed from you initial contract, and accordingly then you could sell it separately from your initial contract if you needed to downsize.

Good luck and congrats again.

Thanks for the good wishes and welcome homes! We wanted to get the developer points and the only way to do that is to be a new member.

We don't want to loose out on the matching developer pointsthough.

I don't think the new minimum is 100 anymore, but 200 to get the best possible deal out there. That said, I would recommend doing 200, 200, and 160, or even breaking them other ways that may align with your family. Disney is usually very good that if you do multiple contracts at the same time as long as the overall purchase exceeds their current minimum requirements they will offer the incentive. So, do look at breaking it apart.

Welcome Home!!!

Man, 1160 points. I should would like to use have that many to play with in one year!

I agree about having smaller point contracts when you add on, I just added another 50 point contract, twice. It will be so much easier to sell when the time comes.

Have fun with your new points!

We've got the DVC bug! Well, actually, my wife has the add points bug. We bought 400 pts at AKV Friday night and sent the check off Saturday. Well, today, my wife decided that 400 pts wasn't enough and bought another 160! Since the check hadn't reached our guide yet, we were able to just add on the extra points to the new contract.
With the developer points, we're starting out the year with 1160 pts! WOOHOO!! :cool1: Quite the amazing number of pts!

Just food for thought....you might want to break up all those points into smaller contracts. For one it will make them easier to sell down the road if you need to. In addition, if you ever want to add on at another resort and you want to sell part of your AKV points to fund the purchase you would be able to do that. As it stands now you would have to sell all 560 points and that also narrows down who could purchase that contract based on the cost. It would be much easier to sell 100 pt contracts which people seem to jump on as soon as they hit the market at certain resorts. I initially bought 200 at AKV and now wish I would have gotten 160 and 40 pt contracts (I have since added on myself with a 100 pt BCV contract). Just something to think about

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!:cool1: :cool1:

Do they call you Iggy? (I only ask because this is what everyone calls my son, shorter version/nickname of his name of course ;) )

In any event, if you are able to re-do at this point, it would be a very good time to make sure your contracts are properly sliced up. (Maybe one 160 pt contract and four 100 pt contracts?) QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. Make it easier on yourself.

Congrats and welcome home! First thing I thought of also when I saw your post was break up those contracts.

Thanks for all of the responses and information. My wife is really resistant to breaking up the contract into smaller chunks at different resorts. I'm not entirely clear why, but she just won't go for it.

Couple more questions that may help convince her that all these DIS'ers can't be wrong!
If we have 400 pts at AKV and 160 pts at SSR, are all of the points available in one pot to take a Disney Cruise?

If we have the same pts as above and we want to book a 2 bdroom for 10 days at SSR 11 months prior to the trip, do we have to have all of the pts available at the time of reservation, because we wouldn't have enough if the pts just came from our SSR pot. We would have enough if we could combine our SSR and AKV pts.

Does that make sense?

Thanks again

Oh..and my cat's name is Iggi. ;)

Thanks for all of the responses and information. My wife is really resistant to breaking up the contract into smaller chunks at different resorts. I'm not entirely clear why, but she just won't go for it.

Couple more questions that may help convince her that all these DIS'ers can't be wrong!
If we have 400 pts at AKV and 160 pts at SSR, are all of the points available in one pot to take a Disney Cruise?

If we have the same pts as above and we want to book a 2 bdroom for 10 days at SSR 11 months prior to the trip, do we have to have all of the pts available at the time of reservation, because we wouldn't have enough if the pts just came from our SSR pot. We would have enough if we could combine our SSR and AKV pts.

Does that make sense?

Thanks again

Oh..and my cat's name is Iggi. ;)
I believe the answer is yes, they are available as one pot for a cruise. But no, they are NOT available until the 7 month mark to book at SSR. Only your 160 points are available there. You can, however, bank and borrow so that you'd have up to 3 year's of points for a reservation (480 in your case.) If you need more than 480 every 3 years, you'll have to wait for the 7 month mark to book.

Congratulations and have fun planning your vacation. That's enough to use for a cruise though, depending on your family size. I had a hard enough time making ressie with my 540 points nevermind twice that many. They all have to be used by the end of August next year right? With only making ressies at the 7 month wndow or shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter