Boulder Ridge Renovation

Please let us know the response.
Well they replied and while it doesn’t answer any questions we have, it at lease didn’t feel like a canned response. I highly recommend others to provide feedback as well so they know the level of frustration we have regarding lack of communication. Response below:

Thank you for contacting us.

I would first like to thank you and your family for choosing to continue being a part of the Disney Vacation Club program, especially during these unprecedented times. It may be different from the last time you visited. But together, we can find new ways to create magical moments—and memories to treasure. Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge is one of my favorite locations as I think the feel is so true to the aesthetic we hoped to achieve. As a Disney Vacation Club Member myself I fully understand your frustration and I assure you that it is not our intention to disappoint our Members. There are many factors that go into a refurbishment for our Resorts and that also goes the same for what affects the start or stop as well. Our Senior Leadership Team is aware of all the feedback that is being shared and I hope you know that we appreciate you taking the time to do so. I know this does not change the outcome of your concerns however we will continue to work diligently to enhance the value of the Membership program.

We truly believe that by listening to our Members, we will know what we’re doing right and—most importantly—what we should continue to improve upon.

Amanda, thank you for your honest and constructive feedback.

Best Regards,

Cleone Snow‍
Member Relations
Disney Vacation Club
407-934-7731

When I was in college, I did tech support at a bank and we also answered emails. One of the things they taught you to do was take the template and “personalize” it so it wouldn’t seem a canned response. That is totally a canned response.

I want a timeline. It is ridiculous that we pay for refurbs in our dues and this refurb has been delayed more than once and we still don’t have a commitment.

We head down next week for a week long stay in BRV and I’m disappointed that we won’t have newly returned rooms. But I’m more disappointment that my stepbrother and his wife - who have never been to Disney - will likely have a room that looks beaten up. If only I could switch them to CCV!

When I was in college, I did tech support at a bank and we also answered emails. One of the things they taught you to do was take the template and “personalize” it so it wouldn’t seem a canned response. That is totally a canned response.

I want a timeline. It is ridiculous that we pay for refurbs in our dues and this refurb has been delayed more than once and we still don’t have a commitment.

We head down next week for a week long stay in BRV and I’m disappointed that we won’t have newly returned rooms. But I’m more disappointment that my stepbrother and his wife - who have never been to Disney - will likely have a room that looks beaten up. If only I could switch them to CCV!
Yeah, I don't know Cleone Stone from Adam, but I'm going to guess that her everyday emails are somewhat more prosaic than that.

Considering I didn’t expect a response at all, this was acceptable to me. They weren’t going to reply by giving me what I wanted, the point was to voice my concerns with DVC. It was a benefit that they replied so I know it was even received.
ETA: I consider a canned response an automated reply. A personalized template to me is not canned. I don’t expect they employ cast members to draft fully personalized emails to every feedback email they receive.

Well that would not be acceptable…response!
I would call it rude and further evidence they don’t care.
”Unprecedented times “ was early Covid / language and this response is vintage Covid nowadays!
Unless your response is to an email that you sent a long time ago in those unprecedented days. DVC is known to be very slow and out of touch.

I'm curious what kind of response you would consider more appropriate!

Disney just sent out the announcement about the VGF2 construction and refurbishment. Where is the announcement for Boulder Ridge???
I was hoping to hear an announcement on BRV, too. Parents are planning to go in early December (finally using their non-expiring tickets from 1990!) and I know they'd love the lodge - especially the smaller BRV building - but I'd like the room to be nice, too. (I'm underwhelmed by the look/feel in Copper Creek studios, so that's not an option - I'll just hope for discounts on the regular hotel rooms!)

I did notice that every room category is completely booked/blocked out from September 17th-January 1st in 2 bedrooms and September 23rd-January first in studios. There are 3 nights available in 1-bedrooms end of October but every night in that category is gone as well from the September 17th-January 1st in that category minus those 3 nights. I know its a busy time of year, but that is definitely an outlier in availability for boulder ridge, which makes me think the refurb will fall in that time frame.

Last edited:
I did notice that every room category is completely booked/blocked out from September 17th-January 1st in 2 bedrooms and September 23rd-January first in studios. There are 3 nights available in 1-bedrooms (October 31-November 2nd), but every night in that category is gone as well from the September 17th-January 1st in that category minus those 3 nights. I know its a busy time of year, but that is definitely an outlier in availability for boulder ridge, which makes me think the refurb will fall in that time frame.
We’ll be there the week before (Labor Day weekend) for our annual F&W trip. We were going to switch over to BWV instead, both for convenience for Epcot, but also because of the delayed refurb, but we’ve decided to stick with BRV so we can get some last-minute “before” shots of the place.

I did notice that every room category is completely booked/blocked out from September 17th-January 1st in 2 bedrooms and September 23rd-January first in studios. There are 3 nights available in 1-bedrooms end of October but every night in that category is gone as well from the September 17th-January 1st in that category minus those 3 nights. I know its a busy time of year, but that is definitely an outlier in availability for boulder ridge, which makes me think the refurb will fall in that time frame.
Which is just about the stupidest timing imaginable!

I got a pitchfork.

I asked a cast member on the phone tonight when I was booking another reservation and she was curious herself when I mentioned how things were blocked off! She looked, no notes in the computer. She also thought it would be strange for that to be the timing…

We’re there in a studio towards the middle/end of Sept for our first visit since buying DVC there so I’m really wondering!

I asked a cast member on the phone tonight when I was booking another reservation and she was curious herself when I mentioned how things were blocked off! She looked, no notes in the computer. She also thought it would be strange for that to be the timing…

We’re there in a studio towards the middle/end of Sept for our first visit since buying DVC there so I’m really wondering!
I do feel like this happened maybe two months ago, for a similar time period at BRV, and then people started poking around and asking questions and all of a sudden availability popped back up. There’s really only 2 reasons all of those rooms would be gone: a glitch again covering the same date range or they are pulling the remaining inventory for the refurb.

I have a studio room there starting 11/28. The studios and 1BRs were pretty much booked already for most of November and all of December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter