Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

So I did go ahead and book the room I want in January today, hoping I can apply this later. My dates are for check in on 1/21 and checkout on 1/26.
Question- that final night, do you all think it's included in the offer? The offer says 1/21-1/25 but do you think that includes the night of 1/25 with checkout 1/26, or does it mean checkout 1/25?
I would read it as including the night of the 25th.

Sorry, I’m not sure what was reading that way. From what I understand, starting with checkouts on July 5th, you will be emailed the offer the day you check out. You can call ext 8844 from your room phone before you leave or you call the specific number within 7 days of check out. Eventually they will have the offer placed in the room like they used to. At least that’s what I read.
It was this post by GuestMode and your reply that confused me not the Disney Bounceback offer that someone posted:

GuestMode question:

I agree with everything you wrote.
My next trip is in August and I'll want to return in January 2024. I was considering booking the January trip now because there are only a small number of the specific room type I want. Do you know if in the past the Bounce Back offers could be applied to existing reservations if the dates were compatible?

Focusondisney replied:

You can apply the offer to an existing reservation as long as there is availability for the resort & room type. This is the same as any discount offer. Just having a resort/ room be eligible doesn’t necessarily get you the discount. It would have to be available the same as if you were making a totally new booking.

It’s all good now that I completely understand when and if I get a bounceback offer when I attend by next trip in October. Thank you all for the clarifications.

It was this post by GuestMode and your reply that confused me not the Disney Bounceback offer that someone posted:

GuestMode question:

My next trip is in August and I'll want to return in January 2024. I was considering booking the January trip now because there are only a small number of the specific room type I want. Do you know if in the past the Bounce Back offers could be applied to existing reservations if the dates were compatible?

Focusondisney replied:

You can apply the offer to an existing reservation as long as there is availability for the resort & room type. This is the same as any discount offer. Just having a resort/ room be eligible doesn’t necessarily get you the discount. It would have to be available the same as if you were making a totally new booking.

It’s all good now that I completely understand when and if I get a bounceback offer when I attend by next trip in October. Thank you all for the clarifications.
It can be confusing.

For clarification, the OP was saying they will book the room they want now then when at Disney, attempt to apply the BB offer to that reservation.

So I did go ahead and book the room I want in January today, hoping I can apply this later. My dates are for check in on 1/21 and checkout on 1/26.
Question- that final night, do you all think it's included in the offer? The offer says 1/21-1/25 but do you think that includes the night of 1/25 with checkout 1/26, or does it mean checkout 1/25?
I also understand it as including the night of 1/25 and, if available, you should be able to get 35% off the entire stay (because all your dates are included in the offer). Let us know if it does when you call in October.

Last edited:

GuestMode question:

Focusondisney replied:

Sorry to add to your confusion. But what @scrappinginontario said is what I understood & meant too. Glad we’re all on the same page now. :thumbsup2

I think at least *some* of the confusion stemmed from some sites made it seem like it had the same rules as a discount package deal as opposed to a room discount deal.

After seeing the actual promo pic from Disney, it's pretty clear the discount applies per night, based on whether the night is eligible and that the promo flyer appears in your room, as it did with other bounceback deals.

I have some examples in this post about individual nights discounted, based on the dates in the promo flyer:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...s-are-back-2023.3680214/page-40#post-64903362

I think at least *some* of the confusion stemmed from some sites made it seem like it had the same rules as a discount package deal as opposed to a room discount deal.

After seeing the actual promo pic from Disney, it's pretty clear the discount applies per night, based on whether the night is eligible and that the promo flyer appears in your room, as it did with other bounceback deals.

I have some examples in this post about individual nights discounted, based on the dates in the promo flyer:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...s-are-back-2023.3680214/page-40#post-64903362
It's not necessary for the flyer to be placed in your room, sometimes they run out or housekeeping forgets. Regardless of whether you get the flyer or not (as long as the bounceback offer has started), you can dial X8844 from your hotel room to be connected to a reservations CM who can book the offer for you.

Yes, and we also know that it will be shown in the in-room TV and via an email on the checkout date.

GuestMode question:

Focusondisney replied:

I can see where this particular post of mine was confusing if you weren't following the entire conversation. Sometimes conversations are a continuation on the thread without all details being re-stated in each post.
I booked my January 2024 trip at RACK RATE. I hope that after I enjoy my upcoming August 2023 trip I will be able to apply the Bounceback 35% discount to the January 2024 booking so that I don't actually have to pay rack rate. I wanted a specific room type that is available in very limited quantities (I believe there are only 4). I would rather risk paying rack rate than wait to book and not be able to have that room type. I hope I can get a discount, of course, but the booking itself is the most important part to me.
I believe I said this all clearly throughout the day yesterday as the conversation unfolded, just not in the one post you read. Context!

I can see where this particular post of mine was confusing if you weren't following the entire conversation. Sometimes conversations are a continuation on the thread without all details being re-stated in each post.
I booked my January 2024 trip at RACK RATE. I hope that after I enjoy my upcoming August 2023 trip I will be able to apply the Bounceback 35% discount to the January 2024 booking so that I don't actually have to pay rack rate. I wanted a specific room type that is available in very limited quantities (I believe there are only 4). I would rather risk paying rack rate than wait to book and not be able to have that room type. I hope I can get a discount, of course, but the booking itself is the most important part to me.
I believe I said this all clearly throughout the day yesterday as the conversation unfolded, just not in the one post you read. Context!

I hope it all works out for you. On my existing reservation at YC CL for October, I originally had a WV. When the 35% Disney + discount came out, I was able to modify my existing reservation but only for a resort view. However, yesterday I was able to modify again back to WV so if you don’t get the modification the first time maybe you might be able to get what you want within the 7 day timeframe. Good luck. With the money we all spend I always hope everyone gets what they want. My 11 day stay last December I was stuck with a YC CL WV next to the lounge. The first night was awful, however the CL concierge manager pulled a miracle and got me the Room I originally requested. I, like you, have a favorite room and area that I usually receive over the years so I completely understand where you’re coming from. I am hoping also the the bounceback offer will be available in October so I can grab the discount in Nov-Dec 2024.

Last edited:
I sure hope these discounts continue into 2024, fingers crossed my trip booked for May 2024 will have a BB discount to use for a September 2024 trip!!!! :goodvibes

In years past, has the BB offers been lower compared to an AP discount?
It's hard to say. A few years back we got free dining for the BB offer, but you had to pay rack rate and buy park hopper tickets. Sometimes the AP discount is 40% for deluxe rooms, so that is better than the 35% for the BB offer. You can always book a BB then cancel or modify if something that works better for you comes up.

It's hard to say. A few years back we got free dining for the BB offer, but you had to pay rack rate and buy park hopper tickets. Sometimes the AP discount is 40% for deluxe rooms, so that is better than the 35% for the BB offer. You can always book a BB then cancel or modify if something that works better for you comes up.

I wasn't an AP way back when so I don't have anything to compare but I do remember when the above offers were available, we ended up passing on them. My son and I typically shared a meal and with park hopping, towing a toddler and his necessities was not ideal for us. Maybe now but back then no way. I'm not sure if I'm recalling this correctly but late fall specifically the last week of October didn't have BB offers? Just saying, this new promotion is very appealing.

On another note,
This is so weird, since the 2023 update I keep seeing missing posts not only here but on a few other threads as well. Is anyone else missing posts?

Edit to add: I get it now! Woof!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'm recalling this correctly but late fall specifically the last week of October didn't have BB offers? Just saying, this new promotion is very appealing.

It’s one of the things I like about the bouncebacks, sometimes dates are included that aren’t in other promos. And the great thing about Disney, you can change if a better offer comes along.

In years past, has the BB offers been lower compared to an AP discount?
It varies by the dates and by the year. Some years the BB is better and some years the AP discount is better. We'll see on our upcoming trip because we have a December trip booked with the AP discount. I'll be interested to see the price difference with the BB and will report back!

Is it available through MDE
Keep an eye on the first post FAQ, but based on the flyer, it sounds like it has to be booked over the phone, same as it was prior to Disney closing in 2020.

Can it be applied to an existing reservation?
Putting a friendly plug for the FAQ:

If I already have a future stay booked can I "apply" a bounceback discount during my WDW Resort visit?
  • Maybe. As with any Disney offer, the resort and room have to be available to be booked as a new reservation under this discount for your specific dates in order to "apply" the discount. Having a room booked does not guarantee that you can apply the discount. Rooms available for the Bounceback discount may be limited.
  • If you already have a future stay, you can call to price the Bounceback while you are at your WDW resort (or up to 7 days after) and see what the availability is. It pays to be flexible with resorts and rooms when booking any Disney discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter