Boy! Did I luck out or what?!! (& a VWL question)

TagsMissy

It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.
I was able to snag a 1br AKV Value villa for the first week of June this afternoon for 5 nights. I'm stoked and like everybody else whose ever booked a value villa I'm hoping and praying for a savanna view; or at least a pool view but I'm happy either way just to get it. :goodvibes

Unfortunately we couldn't get the whole 10 nights we wanted there so I did a split stay with VWL.

This is where my question comes in -- we've never stayed at VWL so I don't know what if anything I should request for our studio. Any suggestions from VWL vets?

Thanks!

Nice job! I own at AKV specifically because of the value rooms. We've had a savanna view all three times that we've booked the value category. You'll love the location too...close to dining, buses and lobby.

I was able to snag a 1br AKV Value studio for the first week of June this afternoon for 5 nights. I'm stoked and like everybody else whose ever booked a value villa I'm hoping and praying for a savanna view; or at least a pool view but I'm happy either way just to get it. :goodvibes

Unfortunately we couldn't get the whole 10 nights we wanted there so I did a split stay with VWL.

This is where my question comes in -- we've never stayed at VWL so I don't know what if anything I should request for our studio. Any suggestions from VWL vets?

Thanks!
You'll enjoy VWL as it is one of the quietest, most serene resorts in the World. It's small and thus feels homey. . .while managing to feel majestic at the same time. But, on to your question. Your primary view, no matter where you stay at VWL, will be one of trees and lots of them. However, there are a select few rooms with a slightly better view. Here's what I always suggest people request: Lakeside room, floors 2-4, and close to the pool/courtyard

Here's why:
a) Lakeside affords you glimpses of the lake through the trees where you can catch a bit of EWP.
b) Floors 2-4 give you a balcony (obviously, the ground floor does not), and if you request the fifth floor, the balconies there are dormer-style meaning you have to stand to see over the railing as they are solid.
c) Close to the pool/courtyard affords you a more expansive view the lake (though it's still not wide open) and obviously affords you a view of Hidden Springs pool.

In full disclosure, there are only a limited number of rooms which can be close to the pool on the lakeside; however, they're worth requesting. Additionally, by asking for a room close to the pool, hopefully that will keep you from the very few rooms which are close to the service area at the far end of the building, aka "dumpster view" rooms. While not as bad as they sound, those rooms certainly are worth avoiding if possible.

In review, lakeside, floors 2-4, and as close to the pool/courtyard as possible. :thumbsup2

You'll enjoy VWL as it is one of the quietest, most serene resorts in the World. It's small and thus feels homey. . .while managing to feel majestic at the same time. But, on to your question. Your primary view, no matter where you stay at VWL, will be one of trees and lots of them. However, there are a select few rooms with a slightly better view. Here's what I always suggest people request: Lakeside room, floors 2-4, and close to the pool/courtyard

Here's why:
a) Lakeside affords you glimpses of the lake through the trees where you can catch a bit of EWP.
b) Floors 2-4 give you a balcony (obviously, the ground floor does not), and if you request the fifth floor, the balconies there are dormer-style meaning you have to stand to see over the railing as they are solid.
c) Close to the pool/courtyard affords you a more expansive view the lake (though it's still not wide open) and obviously affords you a view of Hidden Springs pool.

In full disclosure, there are only a limited number of rooms which can be close to the pool on the lakeside; however, they're worth requesting. Additionally, by asking for a room close to the pool, hopefully that will keep you from the very few rooms which are close to the service area at the far end of the building, aka "dumpster view" rooms. While not as bad as they sound, those rooms certainly are worth avoiding if possible.

In review, lakeside, floors 2-4, and as close to the pool/courtyard as possible. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! I've heard of those 'dumpster' rooms and I definitely am hoping to avoid those if at all possible. I'm excited to try out VWL, we've been talking about staying there for quite some time and I finally bit the bullet.

I know we're going from a one bedroom to a studio ((when I saw the value 1BR avail I snagged it immediately. You know 'buy now and ask questions later' ;) )) on this trip but I really needed to hold back some points in hopes of getting a villa at GCV for our friend's wedding and I can't book that for another couple of months. I'm stressed just thinking about it LOL

Thank you so much! I've heard of those 'dumpster' rooms and I definitely am hoping to avoid those if at all possible. I'm excited to try out VWL, we've been talking about staying there for quite some time and I finally bit the bullet.

I know we're going from a one bedroom to a studio ((when I saw the value 1BR avail I snagged it immediately. You know 'buy now and ask questions later' ;) )) on this trip but I really needed to hold back some points in hopes of getting a villa at GCV for our friend's wedding and I can't book that for another couple of months. I'm stressed just thinking about it LOL
My main gripe with the dumpster rooms is that they are at the far end of the hallway, though to be sure, the hallways at VWL are nothing compared to some other resorts. I had a room three doors from the end of the hallway, and though there was some service area we could see, it was never a bother. Enjoy your stay! :thumbsup2

My personal favorite is lakeside first floor. We do this because the balconies are so small, at least on the first floor they are not fenced in so they seem larger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter