Boys First Trip to WDW... Pre-Trip / Live Report

Carterfam

Mouseketeer
Wow, I cannot believe we are only 15 days away, from our first official trip to WDW with our twin boys. I am nervous; I am scared, but mostly excited.

Here’s the back-story:

DH and I were neighbor’s growing up; our families vacationed every year during the summer to Walt Disney World. He was the baby of a family of 5, with a twin sister so he is actually only the baby by 3 minutes. I was an only child. It was the summer when we were sixteen years old, he asked me out, right as we were about to do the 50 foot drop on Splash Mountain, I just could not say no. The rest was history; we married at Walt Disney World in 2006, cruised for our honeymoon. To me it is the most magical place on earth.

Every year, since we were married we have gone to WDW twice and year, and cruise once a year, until 2009, we did not make it down at all. October of 2008, I found out that I was having twins, we were still able to go in December but our March 2009, and trip had to be cancelled due to a gallbladder attack that put me on bed rest for 15 weeks. Then on June 1st, 2009, we were blessed with two handsome boys.

Well from there, this mommy was content to lying low for a little while, until an opportunity arose, and we were off to Florida for a 3-night cruise in August (the boys were exactly 3 months old), which gave me that itch to go again, but DH convinced me to wait till they were a little older, after our second cruise 7-night Eastern Tortola Cruise. It was finally decided between these two trips we would plan for one when they were 9 months old, in March. It seemed perfect.

Okay, I know this trip will be everything but perfect, but waiting this long I can’t wait start making wonderful memories on this first trip with our wonderful boys.

I’m looking forward to sharing this trip with you. I have been journaling for a while on a laptop computer DH bought for me, so I am hoping to share our experiences live with you, since I usually journal every evening, and can copy and paste after I am done. I can not promise you lot of pictures those.

Until next time, Happy reading!

Traveling Party: Me, DH, DS Ryder & DS Kyran (9 months)

Travel Dates: March 4th - March 11th
Boardwalk Villas, Boardwalk View

Disney Dining Plans? Not sure Yet, Final decision hopefully by the end of the week. We do have lots of ADRs planned.

We are also participating in the Royal Family 5K Race on Saturday & taking in a Atlantic Braves Spring Training Game in on Wednesday.

How exciting to be taking your boys for their first trip! We are taking our boys 8 & 6 for the first time the first week of March.

How fun! My twin boys are nearly 8 now - enjoy the small-child times, but look forward to easier ones ahead. ;)

Your trip is very close - I'm jealous! :goodvibes

How exciting to be taking your boys for their first trip! We are taking our boys 8 & 6 for the first time the first week of March.

:thanks: You will be in WDW around the same time as us. We should declare it 1st timers week. Have fun on your trip and I can't wait to hear all about it :)

How fun! My twin boys are nearly 8 now - enjoy the small-child times, but look forward to easier ones ahead. ;)

Your trip is very close - I'm jealous! :goodvibes

:thanks: Wow it does get easier right. The boys are only 8mths now, and they are getting so mobile, we put up the baby gates and safety devices this morning, I don't know where they put all that energy in their little bodies, I can hardly keep up.

We are only 14 days away, and I think I just finalized our dining plans, now time to tackle the packing plan. So much to do so little time.

:thanks: again

Here are some pictures of your travellers:

Me
Mommy.jpg

DH
Daddy.jpg

Ryder
Ryder.jpg

Kyran
Kyran.jpg

And a very, very, very condensed version of our trip (I have a full binder full of our plans, that I could right a novel):

March 4th: Arrival Day
Lunch: Boardwalk
Dinner: Chef Mickey’s

March 5th: Animal Kingdom
Lunch: Flame Tree Barbeque
Dinner: Tusker House

* Pick-up race packets from World-Wide Sports

March 6th: Race Day / Magic Kingdom
Lunch: Columbia Harbor House
Dinner: The Wave (Contemporary Resort)

March 7th: Epcot
Lunch: Sunshine Seasons
Dinner: Crystal Palace (MK)

March 8th: Magic Kingdom
Lunch: Peco’s Bill
Dinner: San Angel Inn (Epcot)

March 9th: MGM-Studios
Lunch: Backlot Express
Dinner: Big River & Grille Brewing Works

March 10th: MK / Atlanta Braves
Lunch: Pinocchio’s Village Haus
Dinner: Fantasmic Dinner Pakage

March 11th: Epcot / Departure Day
Lunch: Sunshine Seasons

:thanks: Wow it does get easier right. The boys are only 8mths now, and they are getting so mobile, we put up the baby gates and safety devices this morning, I don't know where they put all that energy in their little bodies, I can hardly keep up.

It does get easier. Each little step helps - like, "Look, they can put food in their own mouths!" "Look, they can actually help get arms and legs into sleeves and pants!" etc. Now it's really easy that they're both in school on the same schedule, etc. :thumbsup2 I foresee some driving complications as they start to want to do different activities, but so far, so good on that.

You have a beautiful family. :)

Your dining plans look great, too! I forget, do you have AP's or Parkhoppers?

It does get easier. Each little step helps - like, "Look, they can put food in their own mouths!" "Look, they can actually help get arms and legs into sleeves and pants!" etc. Now it's really easy that they're both in school on the same schedule, etc. :thumbsup2 I foresee some driving complications as they start to want to do different activities, but so far, so good on that.

You have a beautiful family. :)

Your dining plans look great, too! I forget, do you have AP's or Parkhoppers?

That is good to hear. They both started crawling recently, and love playing on the floor, so trying to keep them in one spot while I try to get things done, can be frustrating, that I just end up putting things off just to play with them, and then things get piled up until I have to get it done. We have also been working on the finger food lately, so they can try to feed themselves a little on this trip, which leads to messy food times. All the fun, but just love it to pieces.

:thanks:

We have AP's we will pick them up when we arrive, we hope to go again in early fall, depending on DH's schedule for work.

Hello.... I'm joining in and glad I found your PTR!!

We'll be there the same time you are, except our exact travel dates are March 4th-14th.

Your family is beautiful, your boys are TOOOO cute! You must have your hands full!?!?. I was really worried that I was going to have twins my last pregnancy because it runs in the family, but was blessed with just one sweet, adorable baby boy 10 weeks ago. I'm actually on the fence about having a 3rd baby because of my high chances of having twins. ((Guess time will tell))

Looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

Hello.... I'm joining in and glad I found your PTR!!

We'll be there the same time you are, except our exact travel dates are March 4th-14th.

Your family is beautiful, your boys are TOOOO cute! You must have your hands full!?!?. I was really worried that I was going to have twins my last pregnancy because it runs in the family, but was blessed with just one sweet, adorable baby boy 10 weeks ago. I'm actually on the fence about having a 3rd baby because of my high chances of having twins. ((Guess time will tell))

Looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

That is so cool, you are traveling around the same time we are. I was reading your PTR, and you are way more organized then I am, I can't believe you are almost packed, I have not even pulled out our luggage yet. It is this weekends goal since DH is home all weekend.

:thanks: Someday are more challenging then others, DH works really weird shifts, and we are so far away from both sides of our family, but I do feel really blessed to have both of them in my life. Having twins was an unexpected surprise for us even those we both knew in the back of our minds it could happen because DH is a fraternal twin, but it was more of a surprise when we found out they were identical. I love babies and children, so I can't wait to have more children, even those I doubt it would be twins again (what would the odds be?).

Your son and daughter are gorgeous. Your daughter must be estatic to be going, meeting all the princesses. My goal is to do all the princess meet and greets this trip, before the boys get to old, and want to do all the boys stuff. Mommy still needs some girlie stuff in her life.

Maybe we will see you around, wondering the world.

Thank you, for reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter