Breakfast in Orlando

tndisneyfan

DIS Veteran
We’re looking for someplace to to eat breakfast one morning of our trip. We’re not doing Disney or Universal, just the Orlando area. Please no Waffle house, Cracker Barrel, or IHOP as we have those at home.

On Disney property, I would recommend Boma at AKL Jambo. Great buffet and you can wander around the resort.

On I-Drive Hash House a Go Go (Huge portions) or World Cafe (Full English breakfast)

Downtown is Maxine's on Shine - excellent food and often live music. Think brunch more than breakfast. La Boheme at the Grand Bohemian is also good.

A little further out is Nick's Diner in Rosemont. Excellent small diner.

Maple Street Biscuits in Celebration is our favorite. It's not table service, but the food is amazing and the mimosas are HUGE (served in a mason jar - bring your designated driver).

Hash house is good but quite expensive - it's a nice place with interesting food (the chicken waffle is a sight to behold)
Keke's is less expensive but super busy all the time & the food is not that great imo.

A couple of relatively unknowns (I think) in Orlando that I like:
- Peach Valley cafe - Good food, very clean, good service and inexpensive (think ihop prices)
- Flap Jack Johny's - Near I-drive, close to the I-4 - Good food, affordable, you walk right in, almost never busy.

Hash house is good but quite expensive - it's a nice place with interesting food (the chicken waffle is a sight to behold)
Keke's is less expensive but super busy all the time & the food is not that great imo.

A couple of relatively unknowns (I think) in Orlando that I like:
- Peach Valley cafe - Good food, very clean, good service and inexpensive (think ihop prices)
- Flap Jack Johny's - Near I-drive, close to the I-4 - Good food, affordable, you walk right in, almost never busy.
I think KeKes stays busy because there food is very good. Pancakes are the size of dinner plates. Maybe Flap Jack Johny's lack of being busy may suggest a difference of food quality. Sounds like they aren't in demand at all....IMHO of course

First Watch is now a chain, but if you don't have one close to home, we learned about them while in Orlando and the one in the Doc Phillips area is always great.

As a kid, my favorite off site was Bob Evans. On site, we try to get to Kona Cafe at least once.

Keke's is okay, recently bought out by Denny's but they say the restaurant will operate pretty much independently. We were kind of disappointed on our one and only visit to a Keke's. The French toast wasn't very good. There shouldn't be dry bread in the middle. They didn't soak it long enough. Their hash brown potatoes though are great. I know others love Keke's and we will probably go back. Hard to judge a place just based on one visit.

Keke's is okay, recently bought out by Denny's but they say the restaurant will operate pretty much independently. We were kind of disappointed on our one and only visit to a Keke's. The French toast wasn't very good. There shouldn't be dry bread in the middle. They didn't soak it long enough. Their hash brown potatoes though are great. I know others love Keke's and we will probably go back. Hard to judge a place just based on one visit.
They were bought out by Denny's :scared1:??? I guess I may as well prepare myself for a decline in food quality as well as service. Dennys doesn't even make my list for any meal option. :rolleyes:

They were bought out by Denny's :scared1:??? I guess I may as well prepare myself for a decline in food quality as well as service. Dennys doesn't even make my list for any meal option. :rolleyes:

According to an article i just read, it says:
  • Keke’s will operate independently from Denny’s and maintain its own leadership, strategies, products, marketing, operations and development initiatives.

So that's good news!

According to an article i just read, it says:
  • Keke’s will operate independently from Denny’s and maintain its own leadership, strategies, products, marketing, operations and development initiatives.

So that's good news!
Yes, this is good news!! Thanks for sharing the info. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter