breakfast recommendations??

keerymom

<font color=navy>Secretly has the hots for Ryan Su
Hello everyone! We're headed for our 1st Disney vacation soon, but we'll have very limited time. We'll be staying at the POFQ, but I'm anxious to check out some of the other resorts for future stays. We'd like to have one great breakfast at different resort and I'm hoping some of you might have some great ideas. Thanks!

Right next door to POFQ is Boatwrights at POR Riverside. I am going to be there myself for the first time 5/7. I have been told several times that the stuffed french toast is awesome.

I personally enjoy the breakfast buffet at the Pooh and Friends character breakfast at the Crystal Palace in the MK. No matter where you go, I'm sure it will be yummy!

Yum... stuffed french toast does sound wonderful!!:tongue:

Another place at a resort to try is the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club/Yacht Club (I'm not sure which one). Its a mellower character breakfast.

Our favorite is Kona. They have great stuffed toast, too....the famous Tonga Toast.

I like Boatwright's too and for a buffet, we like Boma's best.

I vote for Kona too...love the tonga toast
also....try out Boma's for breakfast....really good and a beautiful resort to check out.

The Maya grill at CSR has a nice buffet breakfast. The price is reasonable (~$11) and includes juice, coffee and a nice selection of food. The resort is closest to MGM and AK parks.

Here are our faviorites:

Buffet--Boma, Maya Grill
Table service-Boatwrights, Kona, and Olivias

The Cape May character breakfast is at the Beach Club.

I would recommend you try Spoodles on the Boardwalk. It is a few doors away from the Boardalk Inn and across the lake from the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.
My DS and I love their breakfast pizza. All their menu items are very good and the coffee is really good too.
The atmosphere is nice and quiet. It's a great way to start off the day. We always enjoy eating breakfast at Spoodles.

Kona would be my first choice. Spoodles would be number two. The GF Cafe might come in third, although service there tends to be slow.

Anne

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I'm starving already!

We are thinking about Spoodles for our next trip! Don't they have an all you can eat skillet or something??

Originally posted by jacksmom
We are thinking about Spoodles for our next trip! Don't they have an all you can eat skillet or something??

I ate there a little over a month ago, and don't recall it. They used to have a buffet, but stopped that a couple years ago.

Anne

We love the character breakfasts at Cape May Cafe. They have a vast selection and the food is delicious.

We also enjoy 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. You can create your own omlette here.

A word of caution about the banana-stuffed french toast at Boatwright's, it is really sweet and somewhat greasy. The portion is large and when I went it was too sweet for me to eat a whole lot of it. I would suggest splitting it with another person. I'm not saying don't try it. I loved it! I just could not eat too much of it.

Kona is our favorite! The Tonga Toast is good, but my fave is the banana/pecan pancakes! Yum! We also do Chef Mickeys every trip, and prefer breakfast!

My three breakfast favorites are

1) Kona Cafe (Polynesian)--the Tonga Toast is excellent, as is the ham and cheese omelette

2) Concourse Steakhouse (Contemporary)--their Stickey Mickey's are delicious, and it's neat to eat with the monorail going by overhead

3) Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge)--an excellent buffet with tons of choices

OUr favorite resorts have our favorite breakfasts:

1. AKL - Boma's, but you will need to take a nap afterwards!
2. Beach Club - Cape May, breakfast with Goofy and a great buffet.
3. Polynesian - Kona, coffee and tonga toast

All are great resorts to explore.

Have fun.

Fresh - I'm not a big breakfast eater but enjoyed the fresh squeezed juice, freshly made pancakes, waffles, and omletts not to mention the bakery items. It is kind of expensive but when we stopped by on a weekend for brunch, it turned out to be our one big meal of the day and we were back again before our trip was over. By the way - the creme burlee at lunch is out of this world!

More votes for Boma and the Kona Cafe...Ymmmm.
We had a great time at the Crystal Palace on our last trip, the food was wonderful and Pooh and friends were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter