Breakfast Supplies?

Kelsey'sMom

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has ever sent a box of breakfast supplies and snacks by mail to their resort prior to arriving? How much did it cost? Did it arrive okay? Was it worth it? Was there any problems? We plan on taking a town car from airport to resort and hope to do a grocery stop, but I'm worried about getting everthing we need in the 30 min allowed time? I also thought of packing food in our suitcases(if we have enough room) and then we would have room for our souviners. I would like your suggestions on this? Thanks in advance:)
Kelsey's Mom

Hi..
When are you going? We are leaving from NS in a few days but not arriving till the 5 of Aug. I am also from Cape Breton but live in the Valley. Are you also excited about going? It will be our first to WDW. We've been to Disneyland in 99.
Hope to hear from ya.
Tina
:Pinkbounc

We have, in the past, packed dry goods (cereal, granola bars) in our checked luggage - primarily because many of the things we enjoy are either unavailable or hideously expensive in the Orlando area. (OTOH, they have a lot of stuff down there I've never even heard of. :) ) We've never packed anything liquid which might leak were it to be mishandled.

However, whenever we've flown we've always rented a car rather than use a town car service. We like to ability to hop in the car and go whereever we want whenever we want. As we're DVC owners at OKW, we will make a grocery stop, usually at Publix, just before check-in and stock up the kitchen with the perishables we couldn't transport on the plane.

- Mike

what we've done in the past was to take one of those rolling coleman coolers with us as part of our checked luggage. We pack cereal, snacks, juice boxes, plastic bowls and spoons, small tupperware with sugar, ziplock freezer baggies etc. If room permits, we pile in some clothes to fill it out. We duct tape it closed (remember to put a roll of duct tape in your luggage for the return trip!) We purchased milk at the hotel conv store and filled the ziplock baggies with ice and put milk in cooler. We just changed the ice in the baggies on a daily basis, and it worked out quite well to keep our milk, beer, juices cold. I always recommend having breakfast in your room as it makes for a quick and cheap way to get rolling in the morning. I find cereals especially expensive in the US. HOwever, I would never pay to ship it in advance as it would probably be cost prohibative at that point. Last trip down, we actually just took a small, soft-sided cooler that can really compact down into your luggage, and just used it for milk and juices. Have fun! Jo

We packed cereal(shreddies!),nuts and pringles, 3 plastic spoons and 3 plastic bowls. We bought a small container of milk each night and thru it in the ice bucket-it was the perfect size for 3 bowls of cereal! We don't each mucho grande breakkies at home so no need to on vacation either (it eats into our park time-lol!)
We had a rental car so one night we went to goodings and bought some bagel/cream cheese and precut fruit bowl (melons and stuff), it wasn't cheap but not expensive either. It wasn't out of the way to go to as we were at DTD.
Grover in Winnipeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter