Breakfast while staying at the Portofino

GoofyDad1

Earning My Ears
Looking for recommendations on where to have breakfast while we're staying at the Portofino. I imagine the Portofino is relatively expensive and would like to know what other options might be available.

Thanks.

There's a buffet at a restaurant whose name I cannot remember. :) You can get a continental buffet for around $8 (with pastries, bagels, etc.) or a full buffet with eggs, bacon, and other greasy breakfast foods for around $15.

You can also go to IOA and eat the breakfast of champions -- the cinnamon bun -- for around $3-$4.

So do you mean outside of Portofino? There are tons on I-Drive like Perkins, Denny's & such. You can also get breakfast at Trattoria Del Porta which right now I believe (although seems to change daily) is the only restaurant serving breakfast. I don't recall it being all that expensive. I like to grab a muffin on the way out of IOA the night before at the bakery, and you can make coffee in the room. I also bring a box of pop tarts for the kids. (Nice of me huh?)

If I remember correctly, breakfast there actually wasn't too expensive--plus its a buffet so you get all sorts of goodies
We loaded up on fruit and bacon and eggs and toast and croissants and these absolutely wonderful warm cinnamon swirl bun things oh man they were good....

Ooooo 24 days and I get it again!

Just a heads up for those looking forward to the breakfast buffet at Trattoria...I am sure it will be offered again during the holiday peak travel times but in September when we were there is was not offered. When I asked why we were told due to low attendance they were forced to a menu only breakfast. I can understand that it would be an awful waste of food and it made sense.

I hope the crowds pick up and they offer this once again

BTW....Barry, are you thinking of Pastamore? The Market Cafe. I think they start serving at 8A.

GoofyDad1....we had breakfast at both the sunset Grill and the Trattoria. The prices werent bad. The bakeries at both Universal and IOA have some great selections and prices were not bad. Gives you an early start at the parks too!

Well that is a bit of a bummer, but I'm sure the menu only will be fine...hopefully it will be back up and running when we're there...

When we were there 10/29-11/3 they only had the buffet Friday morning. I didn't notice if they had it Saturday too. You can get coffee to go at the Trattatoria too if the Gelatto place is closed when you're there.

We ate at Ponderosa 2 different mornings. It was ok, too much butter for me. The kids liked it though.

The bakeries in the parks offer croissant breakfast sandwiches as well choclate croissants, huge muffins, turnovers:D !

We like big breakfasts, traditional artery-clogging types LOL

What do you folks think--what is the best breakfast in either hotel or the parks?

Sunset Grill is great. When I went to Sunset grill and got the buffet like 10 minutes before it was scheduled to close, I told the waitress that there was no more french toast left. 5 minutes later she brings out a full order of french toast as if I ordered it off the menu for 12.95...

I have also had some awesome breakfasts at Trattoria as well. Trattoria does tend to be a bit more expensive than Sunset grill. Especially the Sunday brunch.

-Jon

Well from Dec 10-14 Trattoria del Porto had their wonderful buffet breakfast! Just as good as I remembered it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter