***BREAKING NEWS*** New Adventure for 2014!!

i got mine today too! It's nice that you have the extra day in case you want peak times and of course we know the best prices are offered on the first spots booked on popular itineraries! This one sounds neat, but not in our plans right now! We have an Eastern European cruise down the Danube planned next year at this time and I really have my heart set on an ABD in Italy 2015​
:thumbsup2

Who did you book your cruise with? We really enjoyed our Danube cruise and I plan to take another river cruise in the future. We traveled with Tauck, but I'm looking for feedback on other companies too.

Who did you book your cruise with? We really enjoyed our Danube cruise and I plan to take another river cruise in the future. We traveled with Tauck, but I'm looking for feedback on other companies too.

We are using AMA- on the Amecerto. It's a 7 day cruise from Budapest to Bucharest. We have to decide whether to take their included land tour which starts in Vienna and then goes to Budapest for embarkation. Then goes by bus to Istanbul after disembarkation. We could go on our own and just do Budapest and Istanbul on our own with guides my TA recommends. We are tempted to do that since the included tour doesn't spend enough time in Istanbul or Budapest for our liking. Who did you cruise with Bobo? Did you do east of Budapest? most people do that, we just march to a different drummer and really wanted to see Eastern Europe!

Sorry to be OT :worried:

We are using AMA- on the Amecerto. It's a 7 day cruise from Budapest to Bucharest. We have to decide whether to take their included land tour which starts in Vienna and then goes to Budapest for embarkation. Then goes by bus to Istanbul after disembarkation. We could go on our own and just do Budapest and Istanbul on our own with guides my TA recommends. We are tempted to do that since the included tour doesn't spend enough time in Istanbul or Budapest for our liking. Who did you cruise with Bobo? Did you do east of Budapest? most people do that, we just march to a different drummer and really wanted to see Eastern Europe!

Sorry to be OT :worried:

We did the Tauck Bridges Danube cruise. It started at Budapest and went East. I would be happy to do another cruise with Tauck (either Bridges or a regular cruise), but I would definitely consider other companies as well. I'm a little concerned about the ages of the other guests. We docked next to ships from other companies and I saw a lot of senior citizens onboard. My son is actually very comfortable around adults, but no other young people for more than a week might be a little strange for him. I read recently that river cruises are becoming increasingly popular with younger travelers (meaning people in their 40's). And I've found at least one other company (Uniworld) that offers "family" cruises, but there may be more. When you return, I would be interested in hearing about your cruise's demographics. Have you visited Vienna before? Last summer was my first visit, and I absolutely loved it. I checked out your itinerary on the AMA website. It looks very interesting and definitely different than the typical river cruise offerings.

Glad I saw this! I had no idea. You would figure you would automatically be signed up once taking a trip.
You would think so, wouldn't you? But you would be wrong. :confused3 In fact, signing up on the website does not always guarantee that you're signed up, either. They seem to have some serious issues with their lists.

Sayhello

We did the Tauck Bridges Danube cruise. It started at Budapest and went East. I would be happy to do another cruise with Tauck (either Bridges or a regular cruise), but I would definitely consider other companies as well. I'm a little concerned about the ages of the other guests. We docked next to ships from other companies and I saw a lot of senior citizens onboard. My son is actually very comfortable around adults, but no other young people for more than a week might be a little strange for him. I read recently that river cruises are becoming increasingly popular with younger travelers (meaning people in their 40's). And I've found at least one other company (Uniworld) that offers "family" cruises, but there may be more. When you return, I would be interested in hearing about your cruise's demographics. Have you visited Vienna before? Last summer was my first visit, and I absolutely loved it. I checked out your itinerary on the AMA website. It looks very interesting and definitely different than the typical river cruise offerings.

I think we would love Vienna, but sort of have that planned for another European trip, (maybe the new ABD!:thumbsup2) so want to take advantage of as much time in Budapest and Istanbul as possible!

Tauck is great for kids- like ABD, my neighbors have done Tauck with the kids, but liked their ABDs better! This cruise is just my DH and I- no kids, one is in college, the other will be a Senior in HS and neither can come in the Fall.

Some of the river cruise demographics are much older; one of the things that appealed to us about AMA is the it skewed a bit younger (not as young as ABD or Tauck tho) and they have on board bicycles for passenger use and tours. That really appeals to us as we are cyclists. I think all of the river cruises do a good job, it's just the nuances of all inclusive, vs more kid friendly etc, etc.

I of course;) will have a full review on CC under the "river cruises" section and may do a trip report on Trip Advisor also. I'm so off topic- so sorry folks! :offtopic: Bobo- message me and I will try to remember to send you a link to the report when we travel next year! Where are you guys off to this year?

I think we would love Vienna, but sort of have that planned for another European trip, (maybe the new ABD!:thumbsup2) so want to take advantage of as much time in Budapest and Istanbul as possible!

Tauck is great for kids- like ABD, my neighbors have done Tauck with the kids, but liked their ABDs better! This cruise is just my DH and I- no kids, one is in college, the other will be a Senior in HS and neither can come in the Fall.

Some of the river cruise demographics are much older; one of the things that appealed to us about AMA is the it skewed a bit younger (not as young as ABD or Tauck tho) and they have on board bicycles for passenger use and tours. That really appeals to us as we are cyclists. I think all of the river cruises do a good job, it's just the nuances of all inclusive, vs more kid friendly etc, etc.

I of course;) will have a full review on CC under the "river cruises" section and may do a trip report on Trip Advisor also. I'm so off topic- so sorry folks! :offtopic: Bobo- message me and I will try to remember to send you a link to the report when we travel next year! Where are you guys off to this year?

Thanks, familygoboston. Look forward to reading your trip report. Next summer we're spending 5 days in Edinburgh and then flying to Dublin for the Ireland ABD. But it's never too early to start planning for 2015!

Thanks, familygoboston. Look forward to reading your trip report. Next summer we're spending 5 days in Edinburgh and then flying to Dublin for the Ireland ABD. But it's never too early to start planning for 2015!

Have you bought your transfer flight from EDI to DUB?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter