***BREAKING NEWS*** New Adventure for 2014!!

I agree - I'd love to see the itinerary to start pondering it :)

We wouldn't sign up until 2015 since we already are doing Central Europe next summer (and my hubby is super excited about watching World Cup matches during our pre-days in Germany).

I really hope there is a baltic cruise to add along with the Norway itinerary as sailing the fjords would be pretty amazing (along with seeing St. Petersburg, Sweden, etc.)

Being in Europe during the world cup is amazing. We were in Switzerland and France during the 2010 world cup and there seemed to be a party in the streets (or in the Trocadero in France) for every match being shown (especially when the home country is playing).

I know it's a bit off topic, but # 1 I thought all itineraries featured a local guide AND a Disney guide. Sometimes like our Ecudor trip and another posters Asian trip- it's a contractor, but certainly local! I hope a Norway trip would include a Norwegian guide!

And my other comment is to reinforce what Kevin said- ABDs really don't spend much time in major embarkation cities...for an example Quito, and as he found Asia- it seems critical to add some days on your own to truly see the major city near your ABD. I guess the exceptions would be London and Paris and Italy..which might be why those tours get such high marks!

I know it's a bit off topic, but # 1 I thought all itineraries featured a local guide AND a Disney guide. Sometimes like our Ecudor trip and another posters Asian trip- it's a contractor, but certainly local! I hope a Norway trip would include a Norwegian guide!

And my other comment is to reinforce what Kevin said- ABDs really don't spend much time in major embarkation cities...for an example Quito, and as he found Asia- it seems critical to add some days on your own to truly see the major city near your ABD. I guess the exceptions would be London and Paris and Italy..which might be why those tours get such high marks!
They don't always include a local as one of the Adventure Guides, but I imagine they do if they can. (And some countries, I believe, require it). But we had 2 American Adventure Guides on the Med Cruise add-on.

Sayhello

They don't always include a local as one of the Adventure Guides, but I imagine they do if they can. (And some countries, I believe, require it). But we had 2 American Adventure Guides on the Med Cruise add-on. Sayhello

I don't think it is a "local" as much as one of the guides speaking the language fluently.

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I don't think it is a "local" as much as one of the guides speaking the language fluently. "SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
perhaps it has to do with local language because on our Ireland ABD both guides were with Disney from the US.

I just got the following Adventure Insiders letter (emphasis is theirs):

As Adventure Insiders, we want you to be among the first to know about our newest Adventures by Disney destination: the magnificent country of Norway. Your family can experience the majestic beauty and natural wonders of Norway during a 7-night/8-day journey, following the creative footsteps of the animators of Disney's Frozen.

Booking for this new vacation is open to the general public beginning October 15. On October 14, one day in advance of the public, Adventure Insiders will be able to book this exciting new 2014 offering.

Highlights of Norway include:

• Exploring the spectacular landscape, with stunning waterfalls, gleaming glaciers and scenic fjords.
  • Strolling the streets of Bergen, the real-life inspiration for the storybook village in Frozen.
  • Learning the country's cultural heritage from local storytellers, fishermen and farmers along the way.
  • Journeying on the fjords, venturing on river rafts and catching a few fish on Lake Loen.
  • Visiting the city of Oslo, the global capital of Norway.
Starting October 14, you can learn more or book by calling [Adventures Insiders phone number] or contacting your Travel Agent. You can also visit AdventuresByDisney.com/Norway2014 to learn more about this exciting new destination on that date.

We hope that you are as thrilled as we are about this new vacation experience, and we would love to help your family adventure together in this magnificent country.

Sincerely,

Ken Potrock
Senior Vice President, Adventures by Disney
This may explain why they had the recent campaign to make sure their Adventure Insiders mailing list was up-to-date.

I did check, and the webpage is not out there yet.

Sayhello

Thanks for posting this! I've signed up multiple times for the Insider info and still don't get it--so frustrating! I'm a little surprised by the short duration of the tour, and the fact that it doesn't seem to go beyond Norway. It's a long way to go for a 7 night tour, effectively only 6 days of touring. Makes me even more suspicious that it may be a precursor to a Baltics cruise in 2015? Either that or they are trying to keep the pricing of the tour down, since Scandinavia is notoriously so expensive.

I just got the following Adventure Insiders letter (emphasis is theirs): This may explain why they had the recent campaign to make sure their Adventure Insiders mailing list was up-to-date. I did check, and the webpage is not out there yet. Sayhello

Got mine today, too! Still not sure this would be on my top list of adventures, though. So many to choose from!!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sayhello and SingingMom, did you get these notifications by email or by regular mail? I haven't received anything yet.
Yep, as SingingMom said, it was, surprisingly, sent by snail mail.

There's been issues with people not getting stuff for the Insiders since the get-go. I believe it's administered by an outside contractor, but I can't swear to that.

Sayhello

i got mine today too! It's nice that you have the extra day in case you want peak times and of course we know the best prices are offered on the first spots booked on popular itineraries! This one sounds neat, but not in our plans right now! We have an Eastern European cruise down the Danube planned next year at this time and I really have my heart set on an ABD in Italy 2015​
:thumbsup2

Mail just came, and our letter came with it! Very happy that ABD has us on the Insiders list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter