Breaking ride records

Rod B

Disney_dada83
I have a WDW trip planned this winter, but I've had this question running through mind for sometime and I was wondering if anyone know's where to look for records of most times a person rode a single ride in a day? I have been to WDW many times even though my family and I live in northeast.

I have grown to become sort of a thrill seeker. Not dangerously in anyway, but I am thinking if there's a record for most times riding Epcot's mission space. I like to see if I can both medically and actually be able to try to attempt to ride both green and orange for the entire day til the record is broken or made? Is this a possible task? I've looked it up in the internet, but found nothing as to records of rides.

Safely of course.

I'm not aware of anyplace that you could find that info. You'll occasionally see people post on social media that they did X attraction Y many times in a day. But there isn't anyplace that maintains an official record.

"I rope-dropped Tiki Room and spent all day there" would make for an interesting YouTube video. You could follow it up with "I rope-dropped The Hall of Presidents and spent all day there."
As much as I love the tiki room 8am-10pm in it would leave me needing a day or 10 of drinking around Epcot.

I would not recommend attempting breaking a ride record for Mission Space from personal experience! LOL

When it first opened, my company had an after hours event there, with the focus on the "new" Mission Space ride. After my boss rode it and almost passed out, he put an open challenge for who can ride it the most. Whoever won, would get $100 and one extra vacation day per attempt. He also put a cap at 2 weeks for the vacation days, so my goal was 14 times in a row.

Everyone that I was completing with, stopped after 5 attempts. I was in my 20's and felt good after my 7th attempt. Then it went downhill fast. 8th attempt felt off but kept on going. I got to 11x in a row on Mission Space but my body would physically not allow me to do it any more and had to tap out.

20 years later, I have no issues on thrill rides or roller coasters. Although any ride that spins a lot is a no go for me! LOL

At Cedar Point in Ohio, back in 2001 I think it was, a group of local coaster enthusiasts organized what they called the "Gemini 100", an attempt to ride the Gemini coaster 100 times in one day. No "Fast Lane" (wasn't a thing then) or re-rides, just get on, get off, back in line.

Apparently, several succeeded, which if you think about it is pretty mind-boggling. What they had going for them - and of course why it was even considered - is:

- they picked a day where the park was open for 12 hours
- had a back-up date if weather was poor
- Gemini, with six trains regularly on the course at once (at the time) was a "people-eating" monster, with probably the highest average hourly capacity of any coaster ever
- CP was at its peak of "first day, last day, all day, every day" dedication to every ride operating at peak efficiency and reliability - meaning Gemini was unlikely to go down even for a few minutes
- and lastly, but definitely not leastly, it was a smooooth ride that is pretty easy on the body

I remember reading about it at the time, and thinking I'd have joined up and given it a go had it been possible schedule-wise (we live in Toronto). Nowadays, 20 years on down the road, let's just say last time at Disney three turns on Expedition Everest one after another first thing in the morning almost put me out of commission for the whole day.

I would not recommend attempting breaking a ride record for Mission Space from personal experience! LOL

When it first opened, my company had an after hours event there, with the focus on the "new" Mission Space ride. After my boss rode it and almost passed out, he put an open challenge for who can ride it the most. Whoever won, would get $100 and one extra vacation day per attempt. He also put a cap at 2 weeks for the vacation days, so my goal was 14 times in a row.

Everyone that I was completing with, stopped after 5 attempts. I was in my 20's and felt good after my 7th attempt. Then it went downhill fast. 8th attempt felt off but kept on going. I got to 11x in a row on Mission Space but my body would physically not allow me to do it any more and had to tap out.

20 years later, I have no issues on thrill rides or roller coasters. Although any ride that spins a lot is a no go for me! LOL

But did your boss follow through on his deal to make it worth your while? 😀

But did your boss follow through on his deal to make it worth your while? 😀
Funny enough, after I completed my 11th trip in a row on Mission Space. My mind was like "go for the 14 and get the vacation days and money" but in all honesty, my body was DONE!

Luckily after my 11th ride, my boss saw the look on my face and he tapped me out. He gave me 3 weeks of vacation time and $1,500 for the effort.

@Rod B I'm not sure if 11 times on the Orange Mission at Mission Space is a record or not. Although if you want to break that, I wish you luck! 😁

We did Tower of Terror 13 times in two hours while waiting for the late showing of Fantasmic a few years back. I’m sure others have done more in a full day.

I have a WDW trip planned this winter, but I've had this question running through mind for sometime and I was wondering if anyone know's where to look for records of most times a person rode a single ride in a day? I have been to WDW many times even though my family and I live in northeast.

I have grown to become sort of a thrill seeker. Not dangerously in anyway, but I am thinking if there's a record for most times riding Epcot's mission space. I like to see if I can both medically and actually be able to try to attempt to ride both green and orange for the entire day til the record is broken or made? Is this a possible task? I've looked it up in the internet, but found nothing as to records of rides.

Safely of course.

The good news is that there are no official records for the number of times someone has ridden Mission Space.

The bad news is that even if you ride it 1,000 times and "set" the record, someone could always post that they rode it one more than that (whether it was true or not).

Rise of the Resistance 3 times in 80 minutes and Space Mountain 4 times in 35 minutes were also some pretty good results.

The last one took some running though. It’s a long way from the exit back to the entrance on that one.

Before Covid times I rode SM with a young adult who was into the 10+ when I talked to him. His parent was sitting outside the entrance so every time he looped out & back in they waved. There was no lines so as fast as he could exit & re-enter he was riding. The CMs knew him cause it was his favorite ride so all he rode & it was a fun time so I rode it 2x with him. Then I tapped out :rotfl:

Funny enough, after I completed my 11th trip in a row on Mission Space. My mind was like "go for the 14 and get the vacation days and money" but in all honesty, my body was DONE!

Luckily after my 11th ride, my boss saw the look on my face and he tapped me out. He gave me 3 weeks of vacation time and $1,500 for the effort.

@Rod B I'm not sure if 11 times on the Orange Mission at Mission Space is a record or not. Although if you want to break that, I wish you luck! 😁
Wow!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter