BrerLund Celebration: 12/1-9 Day 7 Three Parks One Day!

BrerMama

DIS Veteran
Brady started this day off with a bang... his motion sickness finally kicked in on the way to Animal Kingdom (by far the longest drive from our hotel -- about 15 minutes) and all of the applesauce and apple juice that he had just eaten came right back up all over the only shirt I had in the van for him. So we stripped him down, he put on Dad’s extra sweatshirt and I jogged to the Rainforest Cafe gift shop and used one of the gift certificates we had earned through a rewards program to get him a new shirt. I went through the Rainforest gate to AK and the rest of the family went through the main gate and we managed to meet up just before the paths to the park. Of course, our plans to ride the Safari were now out the door (too bumpy) so we went to ride Dinosaur instead, with Brady planning to sit this one out. Mykiah swore she wanted to go but as we go to the preshow she got scared so I took her out and went to get Grandpa, Brady and Chesney. Dan absolutely loved this ride but agreed that it would have scared Brady and Mykiah so it was probably better that they hadn’t gone on. And I don’t feel too sad that I missed it. :) Moms get scared too!

We hadn’t done the Jungle Trek (we did the Forest Exploration Trail our first day at AK after we left the Safari) so we went to have a look at the tigers and bats. The bats were not nearly as scary as I’d thought they would be and the tigers were gorgeous. After this Brady was obviously feeling better, skipping around and singing, so we went to get a FastPass for the Safaris. We had almost an hour before our time and I just couldn’t think of anything else I wanted to do so we sat down and had a family vote. We could waste time at AK, keep our priority seating at Rainforest Cafe, go back to the hotel and drop off Dad and Chesney and then the rest of us could head to Epcot. Or we could all go to Disney-MGM studios, see a couple shows then go to the hotel, then Epcot. Grandpa and I voted for Studios so that won out. On our way out of AK we stopped at the RFC gift shop and spent the $150+ of gift certificates that we had on gifts for the family for Christmas. The way I look at it, we could have spent $60 on a meal and gotten nothing for it or spent the whole wad on gifts and be done with our Christmas shopping. And it sure was nice to be done.

A short drive later we were walking through the gates to Disney-MGM Studios. Our first stop was Voyage of The Little Mermaid, which was great. Grandpa couldn’t decide if the mermaid was real or a robot. :) After a snack of pretzels and pop, we took the Backlot Tour which scared Mykiah during the Catastrophe Canyon scene but mostly she was mad because I wouldn’t let her sit by me. Sometimes moms just have to be mean (and pay attention to their other children).

After a short pit stop at the hotel and a kiss goodbye to Chesney, we went to Epcot with eating our first goal. By this time we were all grumpy and couldn’t decide where to eat and we eventually wound up at Sunshine Season Food Fair with way too much food and spent way too much money. Brady wanted a kids pb&j meal and the pb&j thing they gave him had to have been the most disgusting food item I have ever seen. It looked like a piece of uncooked dough filled with runny peanut butter and jelly and then pressed together. My stomach still turns thinking about it, but he ate it. While at Epcot, we also rode Spaceship Earth (Brady had really been wanting to do this again) and saw a few minutes of Off Kilter. But as I said we were all grumpy so we went back to the hotel early without seeing Tapestry of Nations. I was a little said, but worked off the grumps by taking the kids on the free train ride around the hotel and having the resort photographer take their picture in front of the Christmas tree. We ran to Subway that evening for subs and bought ice cream from the convenience store for dessert. Yum!

Quote of the day:

“I went on the Epcot ball and I was brave” --Mykiah who had confused Spaceship Earth with Journey Into Your Imagination

Mom to 3 goobs
Thumbnail

1992 Disneyland (offsite)
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 Disneyland (offsite)
12/1/2000 WDW -- HIFS

Sorry today was not the best. Hope the next one is better.

image1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

I'm so sorry poor little Brady had a bad start today. :(

You day at MGM sounds a lot like ours. We had sodas and pretzles for lunch too, followed by the Backlot Tour. :)

Thanks for sharing your day with us. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=6> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" size=3>Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

Not the best day but sounds like you still had some fun - on the next day. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter