• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

bringing a live chicken on fantasy

Jenscruise

Earning My Ears
we leave on the Jan.26th eastern fantasy. beyond excited. 2nd Disney cruise!
however..I know it has the aqua duck. I have a 9 year old daughter and will love to experience this with her.. but I am a chicken .. BIG time . I will do it regardless.. but I am scared already! I have been white water rafting and loved it... but I hate coasters. it's not that scary... right???

Wondering the same thing. If it gives you that droppy feeling in your stomach, don't want to do it!

I don't mind coasters most of the time but my LEAST favorite sensation is that stomach-dropping thing. Count me OUT for Tower of Terror.

I like the AquaDuck. I encourage you to try it!

I was scared at first kinda felt like we were gonna tip over but after the initial drop (which isn't bad at all!! It slows down! It's completely safe, and you must do it!!! I don't like coasters anymore like when I was a teen but this was soo much fun! The more weight (it's was DH & I and we're pooh sized) the faster & wetter you get! You will have fun!

When I read the title of your post I thought it was either a troll wanting to bring a pet chicken onto the ship, or some voodoo rite. :rotfl:

The aquaduct isn't very steep -- much calmer than any of the water rides at Disneyland or WDW. You'll be fine.

There's no big drop on this slide. Nothing to be afraid of.

When I read the title of your post I thought it was either a troll wanting to bring a pet chicken onto the ship, or some voodoo rite. :rotfl:

The aquaduct isn't very steep -- much calmer than any of the water rides at Disneyland or WDW. You'll be fine.

I was wondering "is it a service chicken...."?

I don't do slides at all. I mean at all, but I did ride the Aqua Duck. There is a little drop at the begining (and maybe 1 or 2 other times), but it is probably smaller than the Little Tikes slide that my 2 yo uses. I didn't get the stomach drop feeling at all. I was concerned at first because it is pretty fast (well in my chicken opinion at least) and I kept waiting for something bad to happen. That said, it never did. I wish that I would have gone on it a second time because I think that I would have enjoyed it more not having all the butterflies since I knew what to expect.

No one is a bigger 'chicken' than me, and I LOVED it! In fact, I got right back in line. My husband and I also usually like to maximize our time in port, but we were so excited to ride the aquaduck multiple times, that we cut short one of our port days, just so we could ride the aquaduck over and over, without long waits in line.

BTW, I'm just like you about 'drops.':eek::scared: NO, THANK YOU! I won't EVER ride Tower of Terror or Splash Mountain. (Yes folks, Splash Mountain. I hated the drop.):rotfl2:

The aqua duck isn't very steep -- much calmer than any of the water rides at Disneyland or WDW. You'll be fine.

I was wondering "is it a service chicken...."?

You just made me choke on my coffee! :lmao:

I was dreading the aquaduck too but it was a lot of fun. Worst bit was keep climbing the stairs!! :-D

we were on the Dream in June and i went twice on the Aquaduck very mild easy ride i love the Tower of Terror so i would have liked a little more action but it will be perfect for you enjoy!:banana:

I am not a fan of roller coasters or drops, but had no problem at all with the Aqua Duck. It has 2 small dips (think 3 feet each) to help build up speed to carry you through, but basically, it is a slow ride around the top deck. It gets a little dark when you go through the front funnel, but never completely dark, at least in the daytime.. I didn't get a chance to ride at night.

It is alot of fun. I sure wish they would put it on the Magic and Wonder.

It is nothing like a coaster. Honestly I was expecting a little more to it. The kids had fun on it though. Seriously, nothing to worry about.

I was scared, but it is not scary at all! We went when we were in the Port of St. Maarten. No line and beautiful views!!! Be careful getting out of the raft at the end because I slipped and still have an achy shoulder! Fun reminder of our Honeymoon cruise in September! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter