Brita Water Bottles

katamarana

Earning My Ears
I have heard so much about the brita water bottles. What are they and where do you find them?

They are about the size of a regular water bottle only they have a filter that attaches to the inside sipper part. Supposedly the water at WDW tastes horrible (I wouldnt know...havent been there myself yet) and it makes it taste better!.
They are on sale right now at Kohls for $4.99 (from $8.99) and then there is a $1.50 rebate you can mail in. That ends up being $3.49!!
There is a thread about this on the budget board. The people there say it works great.

i keep one in my car so i can fill it anywhere & have cleaner tasting water. some places it makes a big difference others it doesn't.

Wow! Even the $4.99 is a great price without the rebate. I paid about $7, and then we misplaced a couple and had to buy more. :mad:

One of the nice things about the Brita bottle is that it's got two parts that screw on the top...the sipper cap, and the wide mouth cap. With the wide mouth, you can easily put ice in it. We recently went to Disneyland, and filled them up with just ice in the morning, and as it melted, we had cold water.

Just be sure you only put water into the bottles while using the filters...DD poured her coke in there and took a few sips and then it sat sideways(don't ask)and after I dumped the coke out and filled the bottle with water I apparantly didn't rinse the filter out enough and literally burned my throat! I had the most terrible red sore throat for the duration of our trip, even now it's still sore.Ohter than that little mishap the bottles were great!

Depending on the water at your home, the Brita does not improve the taste of FL water enough. I brought my brita pitcher from home to WDW the first time. I still didn't like the water - it tastes a lot different from MA water. I ended up drinking soda and juice the whole trip. Last year, I brought 12 Poland Springs sport bottles with me. (drank all of them in 4 days - still had to buy another bag to bring home gifts during Cruise)

1999 ASMo
2000 Land and Sea - CBR-Wonder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter