British Airways - US to London in Economy

Chirple

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are currently scheduled for a British Isles cruise and are pricing nonstop airfare from EWR to LHR. We are looking at both United and British Airways, the latter is unfamiliar to us.

Has anyone flown from the US to London on British Airways in Economy? If so, how was it? My husband is 5'10", I am 5'5"-ish, and we both have shorter legs.

If I had a choice I’d opt for Economy Plus now known as World Traveler Plus. Less seats in the area, more leg room and seat width. It’s how I last flew BA and I am 5’4”.

Yes. Done BOS-LHR twice. Economy has some of the best padded economy seats I've flown but is the worst IMO for leg room. I'm 5'7 and flew with a toddler, another person 5'7 and the 3rd adult is 5'11. I typically do not have legroom complaints but my knees did touch the seat infornt of me on BA. The food is quite good though; certainly plentiful, again ymmv.
BUT, in all my personal international travel, 50% of my BA flights were cancelled within 24 hours of the flight time/not due to weather. So in 4 total legs booked. 2 were cancelled. One outbound and one inbound. They rebooked us on different airlines. Once was a next morning departure for a cancelled afternoon flight and the second they tried to move us standby to a BA flight 12 hours sooner but when everyone showed we ended up on a flight 6 hours after our original departure (different airline). They did NOT make it easy to remedy either. If I flew with them again I would make sure I had a time cushion if I was trying to meet a cruise. Done other international travel on KLM, Delta, United, Lufthansa, AirFrance, Turkish, and Bulgarian airlines. No issues with odd cancellations on any of those. My favorite is Lufthansa for seat comfort and space going from USA to LHR.

I fly BA regularly. The leg room is not great in economy, but world traveller plus seats are great (although pricey). Never had any issues with cancellations, but some delays in to LHR are normal!

We just got back from a BA flight in sept. Coming home was the absolutely worse flight I was ever on. I booked the second level up but then I started reading about the 2nd level seats. A little more money since it was considered an upgrade but I went for it

The person in front reclined all the way back putting her seat smack in my lap. It was close I couldn’t even see the screen nor could I pull the tray full out. Also the armrest didn’t go up
All the way and with her seat in my lap it was almost impossible to crawl in and out of my seat.
I did send a little if complaint and actually got a partial refund back to my CC.
Another reason I did the upgrade was the seats were only 2 across.
We were on AA going and BA coming home
I was looking at our resveration a few days before we left there was an offer for 350PP to upgrade to business first class. Now that was fun. Wonderful lounge in Chicago. Comfy seats that were lay flat beds. Now that I would do again
Oh I even checked seatguru about the seats and there was nothing negative about them

Comfy seats that were lay flat beds. Now that I would do again
Oh I even checked seatguru about the seats and there was nothing negative about them
Given the amount of time spent on most international flights I’m considering trying the flat bed seats next time. Life is too short to spend time being cramped for hours on end. You are more polite than I since I would have said something about the space hog sitting in front of you.

The person in front reclined all the way back putting her seat smack in my lap. It was close I couldn’t even see the screen nor could I pull the tray full out. Also the armrest didn’t go up
All the way and with her seat in my lap it was almost impossible to crawl in and out of my seat.
This sounds exactly what we dealt with on Air Canada Rouge (not regular Air Canada) the first time we flew to Barcelona. We then flew Norwegian and Iceland Air on subsequent trips and had no issues.

I am holding off on airfare for now but check almost daily. We don't have to make our final cruise payment for several more months.

Appreciate all of the feedback!

This sounds exactly what we dealt with on Air Canada Rouge (not regular Air Canada) the first time we flew to Barcelona. We then flew Norwegian and Iceland Air on subsequent trips and had no issues.

I am holding off on airfare for now but check almost daily. We don't have to make our final cruise payment for several more months.

Appreciate all of the feedback!
You've got time We did this cruise last year and I watched until June and made the decision Track prices and get updated alerts Hoping they come down for flights this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter