• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Broken arm in DL

Tandyc

Disney brings out the kid in me!
My son refractured his arm last night and we are scheduled to leave in 2 wks and 3 days, (but who's counting :earsboy:) Has anyone been to DL with a broken arm? Will the cms restrict the rides he can go on or is it up to us as his parents?

The doctor will put him in a waterproof cast again and said that he will place no restrictions on him. He was able to swim and waterslide and pretty much anything else he wanted to do last time he broke it, so I don't think it will be a problem this time.

I called my AAA TA and she called Disney. They said it was our call, but I trust all you folks who have been in this position more than someone answering the phone.

I do have insurance on this trip (first time ever!) so I think I could get a refund if DS is not able to go on all the rides and enjoy the trip.

Anyone have experience in this area? I'd love some of your insights.

Thanks!

My son broke his knee in football about 2 weeks before we went and had surgery and a cast. He was in a wheelchair, with his foot extended and the CMs were very accomodating. We were going to cancel, but when I called they said that they could accomodate him and they did.

If he's not in alot of pain, he would probably be fine.

Just to play it safe, keep a note from his doctor handy to show any cautious cast members.

When I was in second grade (1975 I believe) I broke my thumb right before our trip to WDW. It was a break at the base of my hand so I was in a plaster cast up to my elbow. I still remember Mickey mouse coming up to me asking (okay using hand signs) if he could sign my cast. I came back to school with Mickey's signature on my cast. How cool is that?

We still had a great time. I do remember problems with getting the cast wet in the pool. We were just using bread bags. My parents made be get out of the pool because I was not being careful enough.

We were staying at the CR and I think the pool had streams of water like a water fountain around the edge. But all that is moot with a modern waterproof cast.

Have fun!

I so very much appreciate your responses. JDarling- Great idea to have a Dr. note on hand. Jocottor- Love the Mickey Mouse signature story.

Thanks again!

Oops! BlueBayou - Your story of the Mickey Mouse encounter was so great. Sorry I didn't give you credit the first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter