• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Budget helper- got "lucky" with tickets!

leebee

DIS Veteran
When I went to buy my passes (5 day PH, 1 adult, 1child) I had to go to guest services because I had an unused day on one pass from last Jan. that I wanted to cash in against this year's tickets. I'd done all the math and knew it would be cheaper to cash it in than to buy a 4d ph and use the old one for admission. Anyhow, I wasn't sure which pass from last year had the extra day on it, so I handed the CM the folder with the old passes in it and asked him to check all three. I'd forgotten that my old MKC card was in there, too. He handed it to me w/a laugh and said "Well, it sure isn't on this card!" I replied yup, but it was fun while it lasted. He found the pass with the extra day, then started to total up my cost for new passes. He said, "Just for fun, I'll give you the Disney Club member price." I was psyched! I don't know if it was 'cuz he'd seen my old MKC card, or 'cuz I'd done the math and knew that I wanted to apply the old ticket price rather than use the ticket itself, or what, but it was nice to get a discount! It saved me about $17! So with the old ticket cash-in, $50 in DD from my mom(early Christmas present), and the surprise discount, I paid $118 LESS than the actual cost of the passes! YAY!! What a fun way to start our trip!

Way to go,

and and I read your post about the long wait at National, so this was a day brightener!!

Hercamore

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter