Budget question...

Jon99

DIS Veteran
We are getting married at Disney next month and staying at the Wilderness Lodge... Wedding and resort are paid for, so basically what we need to figure out how much we will need to for spending money... We are getting there on Sat, March 23 and leaving on Saturday, March 30th.... What should we budget for food and misc expenses??? We are thinking of eating at the WL, counter service at the parks and we have PS at Artist Point and California Grille and will probably do sit down dinners the other nights as well...

Thanks

WE take a $100. a day for family of 3 [with a teen] We did several character Breakfasts,but also had Bagel&cream cheese,poptarts in the room for those early mornings. We had counter service lunchs and 1sit down dinner,the other dinners we did McDonalds,All Star Music counter service. But we also had fresh made sandwichs from Super Walmart.

$100/day for a family of three here as well. An adult, a starving teen age boy and a 9 yr old. Often there was plenty of money left over at the end of the day too, which was added for the next day's spending budget!

We did mostly sit down meals. There are several places where you can eat well, a lot and for a fair price. I prefer to have the heaviest meal during lunch. Often we get so full that by the end of the day something light is more than plenty.

Wanda

Basically, we need to worry about the 5 days we are at the park, M-F... What we are thinking of doing is making up 6 envelopes, one of each days food and the 6th for extras like tickets to a show, souvineirs (sp) etc.....

I work as a financial analyst and my idea was to bring the laptop down and track everything that way, but she said no way to that idea!!!!!! :)

I am also a financial analyst, so you might like what I've done. I actually looked at menus, picked the restaurants where we will probably eat, and calculated the prices of the meals we are pretty sure we want to do, including tax and tip (and the price for the neverland club the night we are using it). Then I added $30 per day for snacks (there are 2 adults, 3 kids) and money for souvenirs - what we want to spend. I actually have a whole big excel spreadsheet with every cost from room and passes to meals and an illuminations cruise all built in so that I can track our expenditures. Our average without room or passes, but including many extravagances like the cruise, a meal at V&A, sit-down meal each evening and childcare for a couple of nights is more like $200 per day, but you won't be anywhere near that figure without kids - even if you do all that expensive stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter