• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Budget tip!

grover

DIS Veteran
Make sure that you purchase anything that you will need for your flight BEFORE you get to the airport!! I made sure to pick up a couple bottles of water, magazines, snacks, and gum prior to heading to the airport for the flight. Everything at the airport is so expensive! Saw a small ceasar salad for 6.00!! Hope this helps someone save a few bucks!

Grover in Winnipeg :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Thanks for the tips. With three kids as well as myself, I know how expensive things can get if you forget something. Gerri

Good plan... I've never flown... what does one usually want/need at an airport/on a flight that lasts 2/3 hours? (Trying to compile a list.)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

SO pysched for my first plane trip... so pysched for disney!!!

We sometimes get early flights to maximize our time in Orlando. We usually carry some sort of pastries with us to eat for breakfast once we're on the plane. The flight attendant can provide you with juice/coffee to go with your breakfast. We've also grabbed a sandwich/hamburger in the airport to take on the flight if we had a short layover and didn't have time to eat (Once again, the flight will have soft drinks. If you ask, they'll let you keep the whole can.)

I would bring something to drink, a snack depending on the time of day and something to read!! Hope your first trip is a great one!!

Grover in Winnipeg :smooth:

I'm pysched! Our reservations say they include 'snacks'... is that anything substantial?

Orkey15, I remember being in your shoes! I flew for my 1st time when I was 35 years young to WDW. My 2nd time to fly was at 39 to where else but WDW?! Now I'm planning on flying again for my 3rd time to visit WDW!!! May what a record.
About the snacks, as I recall they served like peanuts or something pretty small as the snack on my flight. I am planning on bringing something for me and the kids to eat on our trip. Another thing that you can check into if there is a meal served on any leg of your flight, and if you have a child traveling w/you, contact the airlines and order them a Happy Meal from McD's. We seen this on our trips and my kids were wanting to have one as well, but unless they are ordered ahead of time, they don't get one.
Gerri

Just me and my fiancee, but maybe they'll get me a happy meal ;o) I think I'll bring a bag of gingersnaps or something light with me on the flight. I am soooo pysched...

So every time you've flown, you've been on your way to WDW!!! That is so cool! I've gon twice driving...once with my family (we stayed overnight in GA) and once with my school band...we slept in the moving bus, not cool. I am equally nervous and excited about flying!!

One time on Northwest the snack was a small wrap type sandwhich and an apple!

We fill our small-soft sided cooler with sandwiches, snacks, etc. and use it as a carry on.

It's great because:
1- we don't get a meal on our flight from N.Y.
2- when we get to wdw we have a few tupperware for further packings and for the trip back.

We always fill it and leave it in the car so that when we get to the car to go have our midday nap we can get a recharge from our cooler during our drive back to the hotel. It saves a lot of time wasted eating a midday meal.

:smooth: :jester:

Tell me about it. I was at New Orleans Internationl in May waiting for my father in law we were alittle late getting there so I decided to grab a bite to eat while waiting. $3.75 for a soft pretzel. I felt so cheated.

The last few years, we had flown in the evening. I started a new tradition of picking up sandwiches at a local sub factory. The first year when we pulled them out of the bag, every one near us including the flight attendants looked at us and said, "Where did you get THOSE?". So, along with everyone else who's recommended it, carry on your own food. Make sure you stock up on film and check your camara batteries. Film is soooo expensive at WDW. I always carry on at least one change of clothes just in case the luggage goes somewhere else. Take some first aid items: bandaids, neosporin, pain relievers, toothpaste/brush. deodorant, hair care products. Anything that you use everyday and that will cost you plenty if you forget it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter