Bus system

Ellen aka Snow White

<font color=blue>I AM LIVING IN MY MINI-VAN!!!<br>
We are leaving Friday and I see where there is a new bus system in FW - can someone please give me the basics on the new system? Hopefully we will be in loop 900. Thanks

The basics are they divided FW into 3 routes. All routes go between the Settlement and the Outpost.

Looking at a map one goes from Settlement to Outpost on the left side of the campground. One goes from Settlement to Outpost the middle and one goes from Settlement to Outpost (lol if that helps) I have a picture of the map I can post tonight.

To go outside Fw catch a bus from the Settlement to: MGM, TTC (and the boat to MK leaves from the marina on this end of the park)

From the outpost you can catch a bus to DTD, Epcot and AK.

Three routes now cover the interior of the campground.

Purple: Starts at the FW depot goes into the campground making a left on Peacock pass (stops at all the Wild Cabin bus stops), then a left onto Frontier way, bus stops for 2000 & Creekside Meadow and then their final stop at the Settlement depot. Turns around and goes back to front

Orange: Starts at the FW depot, straight up FW Trail, Loops 600,800,900,Meadows, 1000-1300. Ends at Settlement Depot, then turns around and heads back toward the front.

Yellow: FW Depot to loops 1600-1900, 1500/Meadows, 1400, 300/500 and then Settlement Depot. Returns on same route.

Settlement Dept: Buses to MGM & TTC, all internal buses

FW Depot: Epcot, AK, all internal buses

Worked well Memorial Wknd. Except for one boat we waited no more then 3 minutes for any of the transportation.

Just back Sat. 6/1/2002. We were in the 1000 loop and we used the orange bus... they need more orange buses in the campground... . If you have bikes take them... it is not that far of a ride down to pioneer hall or the settlement bus stop there are several bike racks... trust me you will want your bike...
have fun we did...

Thought I would report back our findings: First they should print the FW maps with the bus colors on them - it would simplify it so much for many people. Second we were lucky enough to have 2 bus stops available to us - a yellow and an orange - so we just took which ever bus came first and third, the orange bus is the one that actually leaves the campground to go to TTC and the one that comes back in from there, so it does seem to run less frequently (longer route). Any questions, let me know.

We just got back yesterday and we had no problem with the transportation in FW. Our check-in lady used a purple, orange and yellow highlighter to highlight our map for us. We had the choice of either purple or orange buses and both seemed to work well going either way. Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter