Buy SSR or OKW and why?

Please help me decide... plan to stay primarily at OKW or SSR. I love the theme/feeling and pool at OKW, but also like SSR for walking to DTD and separate bathroom sink. Since both are larger resorts and I'm assuming both are not too difficult to get reservations, I'm thinking 11 month window will not make a huge difference. Price is also not our main consideration. Expiration date is not a big factor either because we are already in our 40's. Please give me your thoughts - which do you prefer and why? Thank you!

OKW expires in 2042
SSR expires in 2054

Those extra 12 years are valuable no matter if you keep the contract that long of not as the resale value will someday take that into consideration.

Just think of SSR as OKW with a 12 year life expectancy extension.

OKW expires in 2042
SSR expires in 2054

Those extra 12 years are valuable no matter if you keep the contract that long of not as the resale value will someday take that into consideration.

Just think of SSR as OKW with a 12 year life expectancy extension.

You can also get OKW that expires in 2057 with the 15 year extension. So it would expire three years after SSR.

You can also get OKW that expires in 2057 with the 15 year extension. So it would expire three years after SSR.

Yes, but those are rare on the resale market and I am not sure the price is worth it.

But if you can buy OKW with the extension for the right price, then that is a fantastic opportunity.

These are my two favorites as well. We own at BWV and now I wish we owned at SSR. I love SSR for the quietness of the resort. I also love the Turf Club. It is one of our favorite restaurants on site. It amazes me how many people complain about the bus service, size of resort, etc. It is such a great place I am hooked.

I do love OKW as well. The room sizes are great, Olivia's is also great. I love that you can park in front of your door instead of having to walk long long hallways. We usually rent a car so that is a great feature.

I think either one is a good idea. I have yet to stay at the GV at OKW but I hear it is fantastic!!!! Good luck;););)

Our 1st purchase was at okw, then added bwv and bcv. We have stayed at all resorts except hilton, Hawaii and the new vgf. Also have done cruises, dl Paris, shelburne nyc and dgc. All have been great. The place we like the least is ssr. Okw is our slice of a Florida,, jimmy buffet, laid back type resort. We don't get that feeling from anywhere else except the keys or Caribbean. We didn't like the hotelish long railings with rooms linialy along this rail. Sure, good views can be had but the feel is not tropical. The rooms at okw are bigger, points lower and we can park in front of our room. Now for Disney immersion, a resort within walking distance to a theme park is the ticket but even though we vacillate between which resort is our favorite for different vacation experiences, ultimately okw ends up being our favorite to just relax at.

IMO SSR is great. After years and years as a member I have not once, never, needed the additional booking time to get into home resort. While I can see circumstances that might make it nice it has never been a problem.

AND since the point work exactly the same at each resort, other than the booking availability it really does not matter.

So $$$ matters as always and SSR is an extremely pleasant place, the pools nice and almost always empty, the dining for dinner is exceptional.

and you used to be able to walk to downtown disney, which was great

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter