Buying Aulani

My closing documents came near instantly from First American after you all, so I agree it seems to be a sellers issue on your ends.

Though I’m still waiting to hear back if I truly need a SSN for the N288 form and why. Waiting for Hawaii to wake up…

Received closing docs less than an hour ago (while sitting inside the Star View Lounge at DL😅). I guess I will deal with them tomorrow or Thursday. 😇
Wow, just received our closing docs too, looks like all 4 will probably coming out the same day. Seller must of signed what they needed to sign.

Last edited:
E-docs signed, wet signatures @ FedEx to go out tomorrow, now just waiting to schedule with their mobile notary. Giddy up!

Now…. how long will it take for the seller to get their docs in….

E-docs signed, wet signatures @ FedEx to go out tomorrow, now just waiting to schedule with their mobile notary. Giddy up!

Now…. how long will it take for the seller to get their docs in….
Potentially stupid question - are you sending the first package out by Fedex first and then the deed later after the notary? I thought we were to return everything at once with the one fedex label. Although, maybe b/c I am international I only got one fedex label.

My closing documents came near instantly from First American after you all, so I agree it seems to be a sellers issue on your ends.

Though I’m still waiting to hear back if I truly need a SSN for the N288 form and why. Waiting for Hawaii to wake up…
Did you hear back? Ours is a US seller and I was told I don't need to put anything for SSN since I don't have an SSN/US TIN.

Potentially stupid question - are you sending the first package out by Fedex first and then the deed later after the notary? I thought we were to return everything at once with the one fedex label. Although, maybe b/c I am international I only got one fedex label.
We are not international and we received only one FedEx label also. I think I will get everything together and send in one package.

Did you hear back? Ours is a US seller and I was told I don't need to put anything for SSN since I don't have an SSN/US TIN.

I did! They just said to leave it blank. Which is great, I had emotionally moved on already, so back on the Aulani train.

I'm so jealous of you four who got the AUL-S contracts for $120pp! I'm waiting for the next subsidized contract at a similar price.
Didn't your post have mention of another agency telling you that under $100 for Aulani wasn't possible? I'm wondering if it got edited. I had a bad experience with that same agent for another contract. We went elsewhere because of her. We just closed recently on an unsub Aulani at $90 pp, so she's wrong.

Didn't your post have mention of another agency telling you that under $100 for Aulani wasn't possible? I'm wondering if it got edited. I had a bad experience with that same agent for another contract. We went elsewhere because of her. We just closed recently on an unsub Aulani at $90 pp, so she's wrong.
Yes, I did call out another broker and agent - it's actually in the same post you quoted me. I went back and edited/deleted it because I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to call out an agent publicly by name.

Thanks for confirming my reaction... that agent is not friendly and imo really misleading on pricing. There are so many sub $90pp and multiple sub $120pp for subsidized in the ROFR thread. Guess I'll stay away from that broker.

Yes, I did call out another broker and agent - it's actually in the same post you quoted me. I went back and edited/deleted it because I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to call out an agent publicly by name.

Thanks for confirming my reaction... that agent is not friendly and imo really misleading on pricing. There are so many sub $90pp and multiple sub $120pp for subsidized in the ROFR thread. Guess I'll stay away from that broker.
Yes, she was super condescending/rude. So you aren't alone.

I think it’s fair to assume that the ROFR thread is a very small slice of the overall DVC resale market and so it can be correct that 95% of contracts trade in the area the brokers are referencing and that a dedicated slice of the resale market are making hyper aggressive offers and that sometimes a seller accepts them

I think it’s fair to assume that the ROFR thread is a very small slice of the overall DVC resale market and so it can be correct that 95% of contracts trade in the area the brokers are referencing and that a dedicated slice of the resale market are making hyper aggressive offers and that sometimes a seller accepts them
This makes sense (despite me thinking disboards is super popular and represents a larger % of the Disney fans than maybe it does).

However, the agent has made multiple statements to the tune of, "You'll never find a subsidized AUL for <$130" (and something similar for non-subsidized contracts), and stopped just short calling me a liar have left a real bad experience.

This makes sense (despite me thinking disboards is super popular and represents a larger % of the Disney fans than maybe it does).

However, the agent has made multiple statements to the tune of, "You'll never find a subsidized AUL for <$130" (and something similar for non-subsidized contracts), and stopped just short calling me a liar have left a real bad experience.
I think some brokers look at this as a numbers game (just move points) and others believe it’s their job to get as much as possible for their sellers.

I think I’ve made an offer through every broker at this point and have an idea where they fall on the spectrum above.

I think I’ve made an offer through every broker at this point and have an idea where they fall on the spectrum above.
I believe that... you're a legend in my book with how often you show up in the ROFR thread.

How many resorts do you have and how many points do you have total? Feels like this is your world and we're just living in it. lol

I believe that... you're a legend in my book with how often you show up in the ROFR thread.

How many resorts do you have and how many points do you have total? Feels like this is your world and we're just living in it. lol
Oh, I’m embarrassed that I have given that impression. There are many owners with more experience and points than I will ever have.

I believe by the end of next month when everything closes I will be at:

950 AUL (200 direct, 400 UnSub resale, 350 Sub resale)
497 VGC (400 resale, 97 direct)
175 VGF (all resale)
Total: 1622

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter