BUZZ's Brigade - TEAM CHALLENGE - POST MILES/HOURS HERE

Allie - Glad to hear that you are ok. Some of the reports I saw on the news this morning looked terrible.

Jill - I think others have already posted some good suggestions for finding local races, and I don't know where you live, but do you have a local running club? If so, they would have information (and likely sponsor) smaller local races. Or look up a running club from the nearest city and you should be able to find info on races close to you. For example, runwashington.com has information not just on D.C. races but on races in rural VA, MD, and PA.

Cam, I hope you start to feel better soon! Not a good way to lose weight for sure!!

Sorry for the fly by post. I'm going to try to come back later and catch up.

Kathy, a quick question......... How should we post our minutes? For example, would you prefer us to say 200 minutes or 3 hours 20 minutes or 03:20:00? Anyway, works for me. I just didn't know if you prefer one way over another -- since you'll be compiling them all.

Also, I hadn't been counting my walks to the school bus. The bus stop is .18 miles away, and I make 4 one way trips a day/5 days a week. Should I count that? Also, it is at a very leisurely pace.

Hope everyone is doing great. I did almost 6 miles today, and need to return some videos to the store later on. I'm hoping to ride my bike on my errands.

Good evening team....

Kathy (Valentine) - Love your new tough guy photo!:thumbsup2
Pat - Congrats on the puppy sleeping through the night:upsidedow
Kathy (NYcpa) - Wow, you're really dedicated to go to the gym in that mess:worship:
Cindy - Great job getting in the steps with all the extra hours you are working.:woohoo: Isn't the weather crazy today. We hit 71 degrees here in Central NJ:upsidedow
Wendy - Sounds like you & your DS had a great day walking the trails:thumbsup2
Eva - I would definately count your walks to the bus stop:thumbsup2
Jackie - That was great that you & your DD used to walk/hike every Sunday...here's hoping you both find the time to do it again:yay:
Allie - Way to go with walking the dogs multiple times on top of doing C25K. :yay: Glad you were all safe from the storms:grouphug:
Chris - Loved reading the article on you...Very Cool!:woohoo:
Jill - :wizard: that you find someplace safe to run.
Cam - Sorry you are sick. Feel better! :wizard: :hug:
Anne - Did you hear there is going to be a new medal for the half. :banana:

I got to the gym on Friday night for some XT, Monday night for the TM & weights and Tuesday night for XT. Saturday I went for an easy W/R. Sunday was a rest day but we got in a few miles geocaching. Today was a rest day so the only thing I did was my stretching. I do the stretching at least twice a day everyday so that is always good for at least a half hour a day. :cool1:

Keep Moving Forward...To Infinity and Beyond!

Hi there Buzzies.

Remember a bumble bee can't fly, it's aerodynamicly impossible. A bee flies because the bee believes she can fly. Don't forget magic is loose in the world, reach out and get you some, and believe.

Visiting Panda:hippie:

I have exactly 4 hours (well, it was 4 hours and 32 seconds, but I think we can drop the seconds - or should we round up?) and 23.39 miles. This is all running, except that on Tuesdays I do intervals at the track and I let my Polar keep recording time and distance even as I am walking very slowly during the recovery period between the intervals. I think that time and distance should count, right? Although its not anything hard, it is part of the whole exercise. Feel free to let me know if anyone disagrees.

I have exactly 4 hours (well, it was 4 hours and 32 seconds, but I think we can drop the seconds - or should we round up?) and 23.39 miles. This is all running, except that on Tuesdays I do intervals at the track and I let my Polar keep recording time and distance even as I am walking very slowly during the recovery period between the intervals. I think that time and distance should count, right? Although its not anything hard, it is part of the whole exercise. Feel free to let me know if anyone disagrees.

Totally agree. These numbers have been entered. If you get anymore activity in today just let us know and I'll update your weekly total. Great job!!!

Okay, I'm a little confused... if we run or walk, do we count BOTH the miles and the time or just the miles? Just want to do it right.

Thanks,
jill

Okay, I'm a little confused... if we run or walk, do we count BOTH the miles and the time or just the miles? Just want to do it right.

Thanks,
jill

Yes you count both the miles and hours. Since we are competing in total hours exercised and seperately for miles.

We are doing it this way to encourage players to do the crosstraining and the cardio.

Visiting Panda:hippie:

Thanks -

Like I said, I'm off to a slow start. But every little bit is better than nothing at all.....

Weights - 45min
Volleyball - 2 hours
treadmill - 1hour and 15 min
walking in the mud and muck - 30 min

Total time: 4:30
Total Miles: 4.5

Go Buzz!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks -

Like I said, I'm off to a slow start. But every little bit is better than nothing at all.....

Weights - 45min
Volleyball - 2 hours
treadmill - 1hour and 15 min
walking in the mud and muck - 30 min

Total time: 4:30
Total Miles: 4.5

Go Buzz!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Will you be doing any activity today or can I post this as your weekly total?

Oh and to me 4.5 hours of being active is really good in my book!!!

If you get anymore activity in today just let us know and I'll update your weekly total.

I can 100% guarantee you that there will be no more activity today (although I bet if I got a pedometer and kept track of walking around the office and walking to and from the Metro, it would probably add up to several miles a week!)
I am a mornings only exerciser - if I don't get my run in in the morning, there will always be excuses as to why I can't do it.

I can 100% guarantee you that there will be no more activity today (although I bet if I got a pedometer and kept track of walking around the office and walking to and from the Metro, it would probably add up to several miles a week!)
I am a mornings only exerciser - if I don't get my run in in the morning, there will always be excuses as to why I can't do it.

Cool Thanks. I'm forced to work out at night other than on the weekend because I'm just not a morning person. :rolleyes1

Look at our Team checking in!! Way to Go Team!! And yes.. EVERY LITTLE BIT Counts!!! GO TEAM!!!

Thanks Chris.. our spreadsheet kinda guy!! ;)

Kathy

Hi All,
Here and accounted for. Just don't get much of a chance to post.

Totals through today:

Running
18 Miles = 3 hours

X Training
1 hour

That's it for this week. Pretty slow. I'm training for a half in a few weeks so I hope to pick it up a touch.

The weather here has been much nicer than a lot of you guys have it. We are still in the low 80's with humidity so I still have to get up early on Saturday to beat the heat!

enjoy the day,
Duane

Same here, Cindy. I need to put on my workout clothes when I get out of bed or it just won't happen. Something will always come up during the day that has to get done.

I need to add up my totals and will post in a bit.

Look at our Team checking in!! Way to Go Team!! And yes.. EVERY LITTLE BIT Counts!!! GO TEAM!!!

Thanks Chris.. our spreadsheet kinda guy!! ;)

Kathy

:teacher:

We are a quiet group, but we continue to get our exercise in rather than talking about it. :rotfl2:

Hi All,
Here and accounted for. Just don't get much of a chance to post.

Totals through today:

Running
18 Miles = 3 hours

X Training
1 hour

That's it for this week. Pretty slow. I'm training for a half in a few weeks so I hope to pick it up a touch.

The weather here has been much nicer than a lot of you guys have it. We are still in the low 80's with humidity so I still have to get up early on Saturday to beat the heat!

enjoy the day,
Duane

Thanks for checking in Duane. I've added you to our total for the week. I'd love to have that temp problem. It's a whole 34 out here today.

Great work and good luck in your half when it comes around!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter