• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV G/P Studio Vs Poly Std Studio Food & Wine

kmorlock

Our Happy Place
We love both resorts but, never stayed during F&W. Is there a downside being so close to World Showcase at such a busy time? Party of 2 adults, one tween, one toddler.

Can you tell me when the non-busy time is so I can go then? :goodvibes

It's an upside to be that close. PVB is also not bad but if you're going to spend more time at F&W then BWV is best because you can walk.

Right? I thought January was supposed to be a little slower but, it was crazy insane at MK so we avoided it, stayed around AK & HS. Even EMH had avg. hour long waits for Small World, Haunted Mansion, etc.

We have never been to F&W, we’re usually Dec travelers. I thought if F&W brings just as insane crowds to Epcot, plus increased foot traffic to the BW area, we might shift back to MK and Poly would definitely be best suited in that scenario. I also have to wonder if F&W will be impacted by safety changes?

DH is a park commando and loves to open & close Epcot and walk to HS. My dilemma is determining the benefit of BW location during F&W versus the larger Poly rooms, More QS options, monorail access, and watching Happily Ever After from resort (toddler is terrified). Yes, all very 1st world problems but, I’m a planner.

Can you tell me when the non-busy time is so I can go then? :goodvibes

It's an upside to be that close. PVB is also not bad but if you're going to spend more time at F&W then BWV is best because you can walk.

Being that close during F&W is the main reason we bought at BWV. We usually go for 4 days during the festival and go to one of the other parks in the morning. We usually go back and have some pool time and a nap then head to EP every night to eat and drink around the world.

Now with the ages of your group I think being closer to MK might be a better fit. It all depends on how many days you plan to be at each park. If you plan more MK days I'd go with Poly. If you are going to split it up pretty evenly then I'd go with which ever is cheaper or more appealing to you. But I wouldn't let F&W deter you from staying at BWV if that is where you'd really like to stay.

One of the negative of Bwv during F&W would be related to parking. When we stay there, we don’t move our car Friday-Sunday because it’s hard to find parking when we return. One night it took my husband 45 minutes to grab an open spot to park. It’s even worse if you have groceries and can’t find parking.

I haven't logged on here in a while. Can you please remind me of the exact dates for F & W for 2020? Thanks so much !
Dates have not been announced. The festival ran from 08/29-11/23 in 2019 but with this virus, it may have a shorter life or not even happen in 2020. No one knows.

We love both resorts but, never stayed during F&W. Is there a downside being so close to World Showcase at such a busy time? Party of 2 adults, one tween, one toddler.
Are we talking about 2021 or 2020? There probably is limited to no availability for studios at either for F&W this fall (plus we have no idea how or when it will be if it is still on with the current state of affairs) without stalking or waitlisting. If we are talking about 2021 I’d prefer BWV personally having stayed at both during F&W. When we stayed at the Poly during F&W one day the Epcot monorail line broke down and it took over an hour to get back to the Poly from Epcot-that was not fun. I do suspect that availability will be tough for at least the next few years from the closure going on right now as well as people banking points due to fear of travel or lack of time off/money to travel once the parks do reopen so even if we are talking about 2021 or later it really might be a matter for snagging what you can at 7 months.

Are we talking about 2021 or 2020? There probably is limited to no availability for studios at either for F&W this fall (plus we have no idea how or when it will be if it is still on with the current state of affairs) without stalking or waitlisting. If we are talking about 2021 I’d prefer BWV personally having stayed at both during F&W. When we stayed at the Poly during F&W one day the Epcot monorail line broke down and it took over an hour to get back to the Poly from Epcot-that was not fun. I do suspect that availability will be tough for at least the next few years from the closure going on right now as well as people banking points due to fear of travel or lack of time off/money to travel once the parks do reopen so even if we are talking about 2021 or later it really might be a matter for snagging what you can at 7 months.

I just grabbed a standard studio for BWV this morning for late Aug/early Sept and dropped my Garden/Pool view BWV - which I changed to from BRV just last week. So it’s not nil or impossible, just not wide open

Thanks, we originally booked Poly, then switched to BWV. We have Poly on WL because I regretted giving it up and had concerns with space and food options. We have almost all the BW nights we wanted so, I can't be upset either way.

I just grabbed a standard studio for BWV this morning for late Aug/early Sept and dropped my Garden/Pool view BWV - which I changed to from BRV just last week. So it’s not nil or impossible, just not wide open
We had Poly, switched to BWV then second guessed myself, so Poly is on WL. Now I'm thinking we might just do a 1 bed instead in Dec. Yes, I'm a serial changer - LOL!

We had Poly, switched to BWV then second guessed myself, so Poly is on WL. Now I'm thinking we might just do a 1 bed instead in Dec. Yes, I'm a serial changer - LOL!

I guess when you’re a serial changer, the definition of availability changes. We’re already stalking for BCV to replace BWV. 2 days out of the 4 needed are already secured.

I’m so torn, DH loves BW but, I love the Extra space & QS at Poly plus other food options are just a short walk/monorail ride away.

FWIW I don't think the Boardwalk area is really any busier during F&W than other times so I'd not worry about that. Since DVC is meant operate at full capacity year round you really don't see that many differences. I think the number of weddings and conventions at Swan/Dolphin/YC/BW affect it much more than time of year.

My other thing is with F&W we're going for F&W. Epcot is easily walkable to consider the QS options there as part of it all but for the most part we enjoy the food booths and rely very little on resort QS during F&W. The size and layout though - PVB wins but otherwise I give the nod to BWV during F&W.

FWIW I don't think the Boardwalk area is really any busier during F&W than other times so I'd not worry about that. Since DVC is meant operate at full capacity year round you really don't see that many differences. I think the number of weddings and conventions at Swan/Dolphin/YC/BW affect it much more than time of year.

My other thing is with F&W we're going for F&W. Epcot is easily walkable to consider the QS options there as part of it all but for the most part we enjoy the food booths and rely very little on resort QS during F&W. The size and layout though - PVB wins but otherwise I give the nod to BWV during F&W.
I love Crescent Lake area so much and can only imagine how convenient it is for F&W. Funny, it didn’t actually dawn on me when I moved our June reservation to November that it was during F&W. We’re typically “home” 1st part of December for Christmas. I just happened to check one morning and BW was surprisingly available. I had Poly booked but, jumped at BW since DH loves it the most. DH will open and close Epcot so BW is perfect for him. He also loves the many bar options.

I’m back at the room or resort with the baby a lot so it can be a challenge to run out to the park for food. We have not been to Poly in years (pre-DVC refurb). The extra bathroom/shower split might be nice @ PVB with our teenager. I also never get to watch MK fireworks bc the baby is afraid. I was hoping to catch Happily Ever After from the beach. I guess either way, it will be wonderful and lots of great memories with our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter