BWV refurb is in full swing.

Hi quick question, do the new coffee pots still used basket type coffee filters?
Not a great picture here from our late December stay in a refurbed BWV studio (Room 3029)

The coffee pot has 2 options: Keurig cups and a smaller sized drip brew pot.

You can see in the supply basket Keurig cups and the Joffreys coffee pouches.

IMG_8049.jpeg

I’m in a Boardwalk view 1 bedroom right now. Absolutely happy with the update-and it seems like this view is maybe done. No construction going on around me. (Third floor.)

The pictures on the walls are just the best! The furnishings are great-just love it!
Hello, Are you still there today? Can you tell if they started work on the standard views today? I believe they were blocked out from bookings starting 1/1/24...........so, the rooms should be sitting empty??? Thanks!

Last edited:

They did start on the P/G rooms, visible from the pool bar, in the same section as the standard views. The corridor to the standard views on the third floor is now blocked by the elevators (not sure of other floors.)

They did start on the P/G rooms, visible from the pool bar, in the same section as the standard views. The corridor to the standard views on the third floor is now blocked by the elevators (not sure of other floors.)
That is GREAT news!!!

I sure hope you're correct! My DH told me not worry about it. I guess he's right, there is no point in giving myself a stomachache over something that may or may not be. Keeping my fingers crossed for the best outcome. 🤞

FYI - Thanks for the pixie dust! :cutie:
If I may ask a question, we have a week at BWV, 1BR SV 3/30-4/6. Reading through this thread, if I understand, we may be getting contacted to move to another view with no change in points? Or moved to another resort with a point adjustment? just asking to understand. Thank you. And I totally know that it is speculative as renovation schedule may change.

If I may ask a question, we have a week at BWV, 1BR SV 3/30-4/6. Reading through this thread, if I understand, we may be getting contacted to move to another view with no change in points? Or moved to another resort with a point adjustment? just asking to understand. Thank you. And I totally know that it is speculative as renovation schedule may change.
Your dates give them 3 full months to get some standard view rooms ready............let's hope they can get some of the rooms ready in that timeframe. Good luck!

The people I have seen switched have been offered another view or an inn room with a room credit. A few of those that had 1 bedrooms booked weren't exactly offered what I would consider a fair trade. They were offered hotel rooms at Yacht and at Boardwalk Inn as well as nightly room credit that in no way made up for the point difference between a 1 bedroom and a studio. One poster did give some push back and ended up with a Beach Club 1 bedroom, which should have been offered in the first place. I just wanted to give you a heads up on that since you're in a 1 bedroom as well. If you wouldn't mind posting back here if you do get the call to move that'd be great. I will do the same as I check into two standard Boardwalk studios two days after your check in. So far March 14th is the last day I've seen reports of being moved from Boardwalk standard. Good luck to us both! Hopefully the refurb moves along nicely from here!

The people I have seen switched have been offered another view or an inn room with a room credit. A few of those that had 1 bedrooms booked weren't exactly offered what I would consider a fair trade. They were offered hotel rooms at Yacht and at Boardwalk Inn as well as nightly room credit that in no way made up for the point difference between a 1 bedroom and a studio. One poster did give some push back and ended up with a Beach Club 1 bedroom, which should have been offered in the first place. I just wanted to give you a heads up on that since you're in a 1 bedroom as well. If you wouldn't mind posting back here if you do get the call to move that'd be great. I will do the same as I check into two standard Boardwalk studios two days after your check in. So far March 14th is the last day I've seen reports of being moved from Boardwalk standard. Good luck to us both! Hopefully the refurb moves along nicely from here!
I sure will! Over the years, these boards have saved me money and my sanity so many times over! I’m very grateful.

I have a 1 BR garden or pool view reserved for May 30 - June 6. Is it possible to request to stay in a refurbished room? Does anyone know the numbers that have been done so far? Or maybe with a "Spring 2024" completion date the refurb will be mostly done by then?

I have a 1 BR garden or pool view reserved for May 30 - June 6. Is it possible to request to stay in a refurbished room? Does anyone know the numbers that have been done so far? Or maybe with a "Spring 2024" completion date the refurb will be mostly done by then?
It’s very likely the refurb will be finished by then even with the delays. If for some reason it’s not complete I can’t imagine there would be any rooms left that aren’t actively being worked on. You will be in a refurbished room unless there’s a hiccup that causes a complete stop in the work.

Does anyone know if the Grand Villa (3-bedroom) Boardwalk View units have officially been refurbished and completed? I’ve called the resort, chatted online with both Disney Member Services and DVC, and read of some guests being moved from studio or 1-bedroom units that aren’t entirely finished, but I haven’t been able to find anything on the grand villas. Thanks, everyone!

Does anyone know if the Grand Villa (3-bedroom) Boardwalk View units have officially been refurbished and completed? I’ve called the resort, chatted online with both Disney Member Services and DVC, and read of some guests being moved from studio or 1-bedroom units that aren’t entirely finished, but I haven’t been able to find anything on the grand villas. Thanks, everyone!
At least one is finished because someone posted photos. Posts that I have seen sound like that whole wing is almost finished or maybe all done by now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter