BWV refurb is in full swing.

Update from member services supervisor(of course it's hit or miss with what they are in the know on)....I had to call and add a night that came available at BCV (yay it's a pool day!) to the end of our trip since flight prices were so high the original check out date. I needed one time use points and after I bought them there was a problem with them pulling from the new DLT. For some reason their systems aren't playing nice with them so had to get a supervisor on the line. While we had her I asked about the standard wing and mentioned people being moved through mid-March. She said she is aware they were moved and they got off track with some spring break issues, but are working hard to catch up and she believes they will have some rooms open in that wing here soon. She did say that if there are anymore moves it will likely be over to the Inn side, which seems to be where everyone including myself prefers so good news there. I also saw a report on facebook of a room that had a pull out couch that now has a murphy so they're coming in at least. I know the supervisor may be wrong or things can change, but I feel much more comfortable with my stay remaining at the Boardwalk now.
Thanks for the update.

That is good to know they would move you to the inn side if necessary.

Not good news for us as that would be a big downgrade if they moved us to the inn side as we are staying in a 1 BR.

I still think we will be ok and I doubt they will move any more people unless there is some issue that is beyond their control comes up.

Just think happy thoughts :)

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/55d1afd8-6366-4df7-97ae-ef545c34f50b

I think They are finishing up the standard rooms and dumping them into inventory. I know we aren’t supposed to post about availability but as of 6:20pm today there was a 1 bedroom standard available for next week.
Thank you for posting! Lots of Boardwalk availability for this month. So excited that I won’t be moved in April!

Thank you for posting! Lots of Boardwalk availability for this month. So excited that I won’t be moved in April!

Gives me hope for my 1st week of April Waitlist. I wonder if they are dumping inventory in a week at a time or if the rest of March got scooped up by waitlists?

Does anyone know current status? I think I’ve read all of BW view is done, and they are starting on standard view, but nothing about PG view.

Would love to know this as well. Also, would like confirmation on murphy beds being in the standard wing if anyone gets a room over there. I know they’re getting them but I would like to know if the shortage has been fixed.
On a Facebook group someone reported yesterday being in a standard view one bedroom and it does have a Murphy bed in the living room.

Does anyone know current status? I think I’ve read all of BW view is done, and they are starting on standard view, but nothing about PG view.
P/G view is being done along with the Boardwalk and standard views in each hall. Boardwalk side P/G view rooms are complete and it looks like some of the standard side P/G view rooms are being opened now.

But no fold down bed right… more sleeping surfaces in studio than 1 bedroom?
Correct. There just isn’t enough room to add another fold down bed in the 1 bedroom because of the location of the door into the 2nd bedroom being deep into the living area. If you had the Murphy and twin both open, there would be no pathway to the door leading to the 2nd bedroom. It just wasn’t designed with the amount of space we now wish it had.

Correct. There just isn’t enough room to add another fold down bed in the 1 bedroom because of the location of the door into the 2nd bedroom being deep into the living area. If you had the Murphy and twin both open, there would be no pathway to the door leading to the 2nd bedroom. It just wasn’t designed with the amount of space we now wish it had.
I wonder if there would have been enough roof if they removed the bar. They did that at SSR and were able to fit the twin pull down in which wasn’t there before the refurb.

P/G view is being done along with the Boardwalk and standard views in each hall. Boardwalk side P/G view rooms are complete and it looks like some of the standard side P/G view rooms are being opened now.
Do you by chance know when std rooms are expected to be completed?

Heading home today after a wonderful 5 night stay in an updated standard studio (4079). It was our first stay at the Boardwalk, but certainly not our last! The location was superb. We really enjoyed our room location— close to the elevator and easy walk anywhere on the property. We weren’t bothered by the construction. There was some near the main pool and certain entry points would be blocked at times, but not a problem. The resort definitely was calm for such a busy week, probably since it’s not operating at full capacity right now. We stayed just as a couple, so we didn’t need to use the pull down Murphy bed or single bed, but tried them out and they were comfortable. I don’t know how many rooms were occupied on hallway, but it was pretty quiet and we never heard the neighbors in the connecting room.

Heading home today after a wonderful 5 night stay in an updated standard studio (4079). It was our first stay at the Boardwalk, but certainly not our last! The location was superb. We really enjoyed our room location— close to the elevator and easy walk anywhere on the property. We weren’t bothered by the construction. There was some near the main pool and certain entry points would be blocked at times, but not a problem. The resort definitely was calm for such a busy week, probably since it’s not operating at full capacity right now. We stayed just as a couple, so we didn’t need to use the pull down Murphy bed or single bed, but tried them out and they were comfortable. I don’t know how many rooms were occupied on hallway, but it was pretty quiet and we never heard the neighbors in the connecting room.
Yay, thanks for the report. It’s nice to know that wing is opening up again. Was the hallway blocked off past your studio or at any other point down the hall?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter