BWV refurb is in full swing.

We have checked in and received two standard studios. One on the 4th floor and one on the 5th floor. Both are close to the elevators and both have Murphy beds. The room refurbishment looks beautiful and doesn’t feel cheap at all so that is great! I love the Mickey throw pillows in the room. We are in a connecting room and with the door there that space doesn’t look bare like it does in the non connecting studios. I don’t love the shower glass doors because it makes the shower feel even smaller to me but no big deal there. The balcony chairs are as ridiculously awful as everyone says they are. Like they are BAD. Corn dog stand was being worked on today.
I've missed the report on the bad balcony chairs. Are they cheap plastic or what?

I don’t love the shower glass doors because it makes the shower feel even smaller to me but no big deal there. The balcony chairs are as ridiculously awful as everyone says they are. Like they are BAD. Corn dog stand was being worked on today.
Glad I’m not the only one with issues with the shower. We had a 1BR and the way the toiletries were located cut into the relatively small shower space. They should’ve either put the shower head on a different wall or the toiletries.

I've missed the report on the bad balcony chairs. Are they cheap plastic or what?
Heavy duty metal but could use some padding or better ergonomics or something.

"If" you get a chance - can you walk down the hall and see how far they have opened it up with completed rooms?
Thanks!
I went down to the fourth floor to check, because the fifth floor does not stretch the entire building. I’ve attached a map below, and the red marking is where the opened rooms stop. Looks like they’ve got the first section and the first wing that comes off of it completed.

Attachments

• IMG_9973.jpeg
    IMG_9973.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9972.jpeg
    IMG_9972.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 73

Funny. Didn’t know that there were posts about the balcony chairs being uncomfortable. First day, went to sit out and enjoy the sunshine. And. Nope. Holy. Moses. What the heck? Hard to figure out why they are so awful. I’m short and DH is tall. Neither find them the least bit comfortable. Having said that. Love, love, love the refurb. Dining table chairs are fantastic! Love the replacement of the pedestal sink.

They don’t seem cheap. Heavy duty like the other poster said but unimaginably uncomfortable. I was really surprised even after seeing the reports. No one sat in them and it’s likely that no one ever will. Lol.
I was torn between liking the post for the info or being sad/angry to display the disappointment in learning this! I went with sad but there's this too: :headache:

Funny. Didn’t know that there were posts about the balcony chairs being uncomfortable. First day, went to sit out and enjoy the sunshine. And. Nope. Holy. Moses. What the heck? Hard to figure out why they are so awful. I’m short and DH is tall. Neither find them the least bit comfortable. Having said that. Love, love, love the refurb. Dining table chairs are fantastic! Love the replacement of the pedestal sink.
Yes, balcony chairs are awful. The problem for me was the lower bar across the back of the chair digging into my back. Your back cannot actually rest on the back panel because that bar sticks out almost an inch.

They don’t seem cheap. Heavy duty like the other poster said but unimaginably uncomfortable. I was really surprised even after seeing the reports. No one sat in them and it’s likely that no one ever will. Lol.

It’s almost unbelievable that someone could design a chair that is so uncomfortable. 😁 I am not terribly high maintenance about these things, but literally couldn’t sit in it. Ended up bringing extra pillows from the bedroom - one on the seat and one in back and still only able to use short term. For all the work it was to secure a Boardwalk View, it was pretty disappointing not to want to sit out there lol.

Just got back Sunday. Stayed on the 3rd floor studio facing the lobby and movie area. Regarding the refurb:
Pros:
  1. The pull down beds are fantastic for teens. An actual real bed.
  2. Showers are great and lighting is much better all around the room.
  3. The space under the bed is great for suitcases.
  4. The new pull down beds under the TV fit my 16 year old teen and he slept great he said.
  5. The room is just pleasant to be at.
Cons:
  1. The wood floor. Yes it is easier to clean, but with knees that were sore after walking, I missed the carpet.
  2. Lack of a ceiling fan. I am curious how this affects in summer.
  3. The thermostat: The lowest it can be set for is 68 if you like it colder and are in a room that heats up from the sun shining in.
  4. 2.5 drawers. This is the new trend, but as someone who likes to unpack, I miss drawer space.
  5. If you have kids, no table for them to eat at.
Would I stay there again? Already booked.... :)

It’s almost unbelievable that someone could design a chair that is so uncomfortable. 😁 I am not terribly high maintenance about these things, but literally couldn’t sit in it. Ended up bringing extra pillows from the bedroom - one on the seat and one in back and still only able to use short term. For all the work it was to secure a Boardwalk View, it was pretty disappointing not to want to sit out there lol.
I really hope they fix this and swap out those chairs. A lot of us love our time on the balcony. It makes zero sense to upgrade to Boardwalk View if you can't actually enjoy the view.

No way anyone sat in them 😂
We brought a camping chair mainly so my mom would have a non-stool chair to sit in to eat at the coffee table but she took it to the balcony for her morning coffee.
We brought a camping chair on our last trip, and are glad we did. We used it in the living room, though, as the new couch is horribly uncomfortable. We actually found the balcony chairs more comfortable than that couch! I don’t think anyone with DVC did a Test-Sit on any of the new furniture.

We brought a camping chair on our last trip, and are glad we did. We used it in the living room, though, as the new couch is horribly uncomfortable. We actually found the balcony chairs more comfortable than that couch! I don’t think anyone with DVC did a Test-Sit on any of the new furniture.
This is terrible news! The entire reason that we book a villa instead of just a room is that we want furniture to use and to sit on.

I really hope they fix this and swap out those chairs. A lot of us love our time on the balcony. It makes zero sense to upgrade to Boardwalk View if you can't actually enjoy the view.
I survived the chairs with the bed pillows, was just happy to have a view. Stayed second half of the trip at Grand Floridian with extra points for a Lake View - just to find my room had high solid wood balcony you could not see over even with extra pillows. I would have traded three ETicket rides for a decent balcony each day lol.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter