BWV refurb is in full swing.

For those same reasons I have a similar appreciation of the walled balconies on the Boardwalk so you're not alone! Other places though I prefer open.

Here's what I did the one day in a room where there was only a table and no chairs on the balcony. lol I did eventually call and they brought a little plastic one. :rolleyes: It was in an HA room so best I can guess is they were removed for someone who needed to stay in their wheelchair. It gave me the most comfy balcony chair I've ever had at Disney! Am I correct in thinking though that they did not keep a seating chair in the living area?

p3984193172-4.jpg

p3984192706-4.jpg
That looks like a fabulous setup!

I read on Facebook in a DVC group that people are being moved from boardwalk view (studios and 1 beds) to other resorts or the inn side due to “numerous issues with the refurbishment that was already completed”. Does anyone have any insight as to what they’re fixing?
Hard to say. The only thing in my refurbed room in dec 2023 was the shampoo stuff in the bath was on the side instead of the end of the tub and I did bump into it while showering. I did mention it to a supervisor who stopped me as I came out of my room and she wrote it down, as well as the lack of table and chairs to sit at. Perhaps there have been failures we haven't heard of.

I read on Facebook in a DVC group that people are being moved from boardwalk view (studios and 1 beds) to other resorts or the inn side due to “numerous issues with the refurbishment that was already completed”. Does anyone have any insight as to what they’re fixing?
All guesses...but. Weren't there a few BW view that didn't get the Murphy beds yet. Maybe they're installing those?

There always seemed to be plumbing issues in that wing... maybe it still hasn't been fixed?

Any idea on particular floors these people were in, what dates they were staying, were they being offered villas at other resorts? This is very concerning as my stay starts on the 28th in a boardwalk view 1 bedroom. I assumed everything was done with those months ago. I’m not a DVC member, just booked it as a regular reservation so not sure if that impacts who gets moved.

I’m not positive if I can post here (I think I can, I believe they are affiliated with disboards) but it was a post on the DVC fan Facebook page.

Not sure what floors…

One person said they were in a 1 bedroom BW view for May 6 and were moved to a 1 bedroom at Contemporary, lake view with a $50 per day credit.

Another person said they got the call 2 days ago for a mid-April stay.

Someone else said they were in a BW view studio for 4 nights, checking in may 5, and they were moved to the inn side with a $50 day credit.

There are at least two, maybe more, reports here on DISboards too, of people with BW view booked being called before arrival (so no room/floor assignment yet, just view). I just read in another thread that it’s Murphy beds but also plumbing and electrical issues. Very, very disappointing!

I'm curious how they're picking the people to move.

Obviously they're first making sure that they're picking people to move that they need to move, but assuming there's multiple matches (because there's many rooms in each category and occupancy each night is very high), then how do they pick? Most recent reservation modification date? Highest reservation number? Random?

We stayed 3/30-4/6, 1BR Standard View, Room 4075. I have never posted pics, so I hope this works. The entire standard view wing on this floor, except for the shortest part directly off the elevator lobby, was curtained off. They were installing carpet. If that is the last thing to go in, it should be wrapping up. The walkway “shortcut” sidewalk to the bus stop, on the standard view side, cannot be accessed from the outside or inside. It appears that the first floor standard view rooms are being worked on. These are only my opinions.

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpeg
    IMG_0770.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0771.jpeg
    IMG_0771.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0772.jpeg
    IMG_0772.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0773.jpeg
    IMG_0773.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0775.jpeg
    IMG_0775.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0776.jpeg
    IMG_0776.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0777.jpeg
    IMG_0777.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0778.jpeg
    IMG_0778.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0779.jpeg
    IMG_0779.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 95
We stayed 3/30-4/6, 1BR Standard View, Room 4075. I have never posted pics, so I hope this works. The entire standard view wing on this floor, except for the shortest part directly off the elevator lobby, was curtained off. They were installing carpet. If that is the last thing to go in, it should be wrapping up. The walkway “shortcut” sidewalk to the bus stop, on the standard view side, cannot be accessed from the outside or inside. It appears that the first floor standard view rooms are being worked on. These are only my opinions.
Thanks for the excellent photos! A complete tour!

@BLLB, thanks for the pictures. The new 1 Bedrooms look great. We'll be there in October and I can't wait to see them in person. :)

I really don’t understand why they didn’t put the second pull down single bed in the one bedroom. We have a grandson and granddaughter who like their own bed. I love BWV but I need that extra bed like SSR. If I reserved a 2 bedroom lock off would I get the 2 pull down beds in the studio?

I really don’t understand why they didn’t put the second pull down single bed in the one bedroom. We have a grandson and granddaughter who like their own bed. I love BWV but I need that extra bed like SSR. If I reserved a 2 bedroom lock off would I get the 2 pull down beds in the studio?
Yes, the studio side of your 2 bedroom will have the Murphy bed and the small pull down bed under the TV.

We just got the call for our 5/11-5/15 stay in a BW view studio. They're moving us to the Inn side with a water view, which seems fair.

Happy to get the $50/night credit, too, but does this mean I need to charge expenses to my MagicBand/room throughout our stay? I'm assuming the credit goes on our hotel portfolio, and I don't usually pay for things this way.

We just got the call for our 5/11-5/15 stay in a BW view studio. They're moving us to the Inn side with a water view, which seems fair.

Happy to get the $50/night credit, too, but does this mean I need to charge expenses to my MagicBand/room throughout our stay? I'm assuming the credit goes on our hotel portfolio, and I don't usually pay for things this way.
Do you mind telling if you are a cash guest or a DVC member paying with points?
Also, what is the caller ID say when they are calling? Is it Disney, DVC or something else? We rarely answer our phones when it isn’t someone we know. We have a BW view visit coming up and you have officially got me nervous since you are going mid-May. 😩

Yes, you will need to put charges onto your portfolio in order to use the credits.

Do you mind telling if you are a cash guest or a DVC member paying with points?
Also, what is the caller ID say when they are calling? Is it Disney, DVC or something else? We rarely answer our phones when it isn’t someone we know. We have a BW view visit coming up and you have officially got me nervous since you are going mid-May. 😩
We're DVC and booked with points.

The call was an "unknown," which is why I didn't answer and had to call them back. 800-800-9800.

Good luck to you!!

We're DVC and booked with points.

The call was an "unknown," which is why I didn't answer and had to call them back. 800-800-9800.

Good luck to you!!
Did you book right at 11m, 7m, or some other time between/after?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter