• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV refurb is in full swing.

This I don't know since I only viewed these rooms from the outside. Sending pixie dust your way you end up exactly where you want to be!
I'm at BWV now. On the 4th floor, there was a black curtain blocking off rooms 4097-4136 earlier this week. It was gone yesterday and still gone today. I booked a standard view 1 bedroom and was upgraded to pool/garden view.

Last edited:
I'm at BWV now. On the 4th floor, there was a black curtain blocking off rooms 4097-4136 earlier this week. It was gone yesterday and still gone today. I booked a standard view 1 bedroom and was upgraded to pool/garden view.
Sounds like they've either opened up those rooms, or they're opening them up VERY soon!!

What is your view? Luna Park, Community Center, Village Green?

We have a 1 BR Standard booked and I would hate to be moved over to the main pool area. We had a studio (room 2058) on the 2nd floor right in front and I was miserable with the noise and lack of privacy to sit out on the balcony (even with those torture devices Disney calls chairs). I did like being on the 2nd floor because we were right down the hall from the lobby and coffee shop but I wouldn't request a 2nd floor room in that location. The only time I could sit on the balcony was very early but even when people weren't in the pool there was traffic through that tunnel. It will be worse since that was December and there will be mid-May when people will be in the pool more. A higher floor would help a bit but I'm not a fan of that area. I really prefer the Standard views because G/P can be a gamble. BWV POOL VIEW ROOM DEC 2023.2.jpgBWV POOL VIEW ROOM DEC 2023.3.jpg

Last edited:

Reading all the comments what the chance they will not have all the rooms done by July? Have a reservation for a garden/ pool studio booked. And didn’t look back but what is wrong with the patio chairs?

Reading all the comments what the chance they will not have all the rooms done by July? Have a reservation for a garden/ pool studio booked. And didn’t look back but what is wrong with the patio chairs?
I'm not going to guess about the odds of when all of the rooms will be done.

There have been reports that the new patio chairs are very uncomfortable. They look like they should have a cushion on the seat and a cushion for the back, but they have neither.

We have a standard studio booked for May 10-12 and I still haven't received a phone call. We will have our baby with us and our 8 year old. Im dreading the offer to Inn side or Bay Lake like other ppl have gotten. Was anyone offered any other resorts as accomdation? We REALLY don't like Bay Lake

We have a standard studio booked for May 10-12 and I still haven't received a phone call. We will have our baby with us and our 8 year old. Im dreading the offer to Inn side or Bay Lake like other ppl have gotten. Was anyone offered any other resorts as accomdation? We REALLY don't like Bay Lake
A number of reports here have said they were upgraded from standard to pool/garden view, still at BWV. Hopefully you won’t be changing resorts.

I think I read of one or two people being moved to Yacht Club.

Does anyone have a nice image of the new artwork from the room that shows Mickey and Minnie walking in front of the Boardwalk sign?

Does anyone know if BWV one bedroom standard view are all refurbished now or will be finished by August? I have read people talking about everything is renovated except for the murphy bed because there is a shortage of the beds?

Last edited:
We have a 1 BR Standard booked and I would hate to be moved over to the main pool area. We had a studio (room 2058) on the 2nd floor right in front and I was miserable with the noise and lack of privacy to sit out on the balcony (even with those torture devices Disney calls chairs). I did like being on the 2nd floor because we were right down the hall from the lobby and coffee shop but I wouldn't request a 2nd floor room in that location. The only time I could sit on the balcony was very early but even when people weren't in the pool there was traffic through that tunnel. It will be worse since that was December and there will be mid-May when people will be in the pool more. A higher floor would help a bit but I'm not a fan of that area. I really prefer the Standard views because G/P can be a gamble. View attachment 853835View attachment 853836
It’s like Savannah View. Human Safari lol.

I was supposed to be there May 12-19 in a standard studio. When I got the call, my options were the Inn side or a Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom. I took the SSR one bedroom.

I was going to waitlist for a standard view one-bedroom for August this morning just to try my luck. And the room was actually available for exactly the two nights I needed! So of course I booked it immediately to replace the VGF deluxe studio room I had. Hopefully this would be a good decision. A little sad that I will lose one shower though.

The first time I noticed a park bench gone was after I came out of Main Street Bakery (now SB's) with my big cinnamon roll and coffee one morning long ago. I had to go over and eat at the tables and chairs opposite the Plaza at the time.

One thing comes to mind about one of those earlier trips. I remember sitting on that bench and chatting with a local guy who told me his favorite thing to do was to come to Disney and sit and people watch on Main Street.

In one sense that's me now, although I have nowhere to sit. There are very few attractions that I care to do. So I wander, shop and eat. The problem, I don't stay long in any park since there's no place to relax anymore. (Well, I do know a couple spots but I'm keeping my secrets.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter