BWV standard studio - would you recommend?

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
It is just DS age 12 and myself. We spend the most time at MK and HS and will rely mostly on Disney transportation. I'm thinking of renting DVC instead of booking a moderate for 9 days over Thanksgiving 2018. I am between PORFQ and BWV standard studio (assuming we can get one when the calendar opens up at 11 months in just over a week.

I'd love to hear from people with experience at POR and BWV and at similar price points, which is preferred? Pros and cons?

Also, do all the BWV studios now have the little pull out daybed? I'd rather not share the big bed and would like DS to be comfortable either on the little bed or the sofabed. He's not large, only 5 ft tall currently but I suppose that could change in the next year! ;-)

Thank you!

IMO this is not even a comparison.
I’m sure your son will be quite comfy on the sofa bed. If that daybed is there to small for him I think.

Ok I will give a plus to POR for much better counter service but that is it. While it is a lovely resort, IMO you cannot compare to Deluxe studio.
You will have a microwave which is great for quick breakfast on the go and any leftovers possibly. Popcorn in the room at night my DD loves. Can make hot cocoa etc.
But the location of BWV cannot be beat. Such a nice quick walk to HS. And to not walk around world showcase so close to even get a snack or dinner, seems like a crime lol.
So much activity on the boardwalk at night, lots of fun. So many great restaurants within walking distance.
Happy planning
Kerri

That said, for Thanksgiving if you aren't booked quickly at the 11 month mark, you won't get Standard view. Pool/Garden, maybe, which is more points. There are a limited quantity of the Standards, and they go quick for all of fall.

That said, for Thanksgiving if you aren't booked quickly at the 11 month mark, you won't get Standard view. Pool/Garden, maybe, which is more points. There are a limited quantity of the Standards, and they go quick for all of fall.

With it being a week away, I'm sure its already being walked into and anyone looking to book a Standard for Thanksgiving now should not hold much hope.

I am new to disboards, what does PORFQ stand for?
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter

You will need to have the BWV standard view studio booked online right at 8am of the 11 month window. I am a BWV owner who was just trying to book same room for Oct....I tried for about the last two weeks of Oct, not every day but I tried probably 5 days and all standard view studios were booked by the time I hit the enter button. Now I was trying for prime Food and Wine time but Thanksgiving is up there as somewhat prime time too. Basically end of September through New Year's is prime time at BWV.

With it being a week away, I'm sure its already being walked into and anyone looking to book a Standard for Thanksgiving now should not hold much hope.

Yeah, likely true.

If the decision really is BWV Standard (only - not P/G) or POFQ, it's likely not actually a choice. It will probably be POFQ.

Port Orleans Resort French Quarter

You will need to have the BWV standard view studio booked online right at 8am of the 11 month window. I am a BWV owner who was just trying to book same room for Oct....I tried for about the last two weeks of Oct, not every day but I tried probably 5 days and all standard view studios were booked by the time I hit the enter button. Now I was trying for prime Food and Wine time but Thanksgiving is up there as somewhat prime time too. Basically end of September through New Year's is prime time at BWV.

Also worth mentioning: Via an agency, 9 days in a Standard over a holiday won't happen, because a DVC owner can only book 7 days when the 11 month window opens. Agencies typically wait the +2 days before having someone book, rather than call back each day to add a day. You would need a private owner who was really nice to have them do that for you.

There will not be a Standard Studio at 8:07AM on the 11 month date, let alone at +2 days.

Also, the flip down TV bed....my DDs friend slept on it in May at BCV. DDs slept together in bed and didn't bother to tell their friend that the sofa pulled out too. DDs and their friend are all atheletes...so 5'8" 5'9". And muscled. She fit on the flip down okay I guess. She said she was fine. I told her about sleeper sofa halfway through the trip but she stayed on the flip down TV bed.

Looks like a tough request! I'm going through David's and crossing my fingers. If it doesn't work out there's always the French Quarter and I'd love to see it during the holidays.

Hi. Not meaning to hijack your thread but I am currently sitting in a bed at bwv. Firsr time ever here and room is quite nice. My question is on food. Lol. Is there a food court for the refillable muga here. This part is the trip was a last minute thing so I didn't do a lot of research on it but so far so good. Just need to know about the food and maybe that will help op

Hi. Not meaning to hijack your thread but I am currently sitting in a bed at bwv. Firsr time ever here and room is quite nice. My question is on food. Lol. Is there a food court for the refillable muga here. This part is the trip was a last minute thing so I didn't do a lot of research on it but so far so good. Just need to know about the food and maybe that will help op
There is no food court at all at the BW. You'll need to take your mug to the BW Bakery to get refills. You might be able to get them at the pool and at the Bellevue Lounge, but I'm not certain on those two.

You can refill at the pool bar and at the Bellvue lounge, the lounge up off the main lobby. That lounge also sells breakfast items in the mornings and has coffee for your mugs.

You can refill at the pool bar and at the Bellvue lounge, the lounge up off the main lobby. That lounge also sells breakfast items in the mornings and has coffee for your mugs.
Lounge is open for breakfast service until 11 am, then closed until 5 pm, so don’t try to get a mug refill there in the middle of the afternoon. Use the pool bar or the bakery instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter