BWV studio standard view

saxman

723 miles away
Where are the studio standard views located? Judging by the resort map the only section that wouldn't have a preferred/boardwalk view is the one nearest the parking lot.

Where are the studio standard views located? Judging by the resort map the only section that wouldn't have a preferred/boardwalk view is the one nearest the parking lot.

They are along the parking lot, along the driveway all the way up to the front door.

:earsboy: Bill

If I request a room close to the lobby, how close could I get and are the elevators close enough to the lobby to to make it worth while (for a studio sv)?

If I request a room close to the lobby, how close could I get and are the elevators close enough to the lobby to to make it worth while (for a studio sv)?

The elevators are just off the end of the main lobby.

I would suggest a request for a room close to the elevators. Since the lobby is on Floor 2 at BWV, requesting close to the lobby may be more challenging than a request close to the elevators.

As far as whether it is worth while, I guess I don't understand the question? Keep in mind that "close to the elevators" is probably the most often requested thing at BWV and that they can't always accommodate the requests.

There are a few that are close to the elevators -before the first fork in the hallway. However, they overlook the area where the RAC is located. You may be bothered early in the morning by the banging of luggage carts and beeping of the luggage trucks.

If your party can do stairs, there are several throughout the resort that give convenient access to the poll areas, the bus stop and walkway to DHS.

Not exactly sure what the questions is. DVC members book the standard view because they are less points. In my opinion, if I book standard view, I'd ask for Ground Floor. That means walking across the lawn (there are sidewalks so you're not walking across the grass) and the road to get to the bus stop. And going out the first floor by the gallery to get to the boardwalk. No elevators needed.

I think ground floor standard view is all one floor above the pool. BWV is like a big walkout house. I don't think you can avoid either elevators or stairs at BW.

In general, the better views and quieter rooms are high floors far from the elevator - but they are only convenient if your party doesn't mind either the long walk to the elevator or taking stairs. Close to the elevator and lower floors make either the elevator and/or stairs easy, but tend to be noisier and the views don't tend to be as good.

I think ground floor standard view is all one floor above the pool. BWV is like a big walkout house. I don't think you can avoid either elevators or stairs at BW.

Ground floor is not ABOVE the pool. It is on the ground floor - pool level. I had a great 1bd STND last november (I think room 1121). Balcony opened up on the lawn with the fountain view. We were also directly across the bus stop (across the street). It wasn't too close to the main boardwalk but no stairs or elevators needed. There is an exit to either the quiet pool or the bust stop walkway a few feet away. Also very close to the walkway to DHS.

If you look at dvcnews dot com - resort - BWV - map - the room was located in the light green section corner close to the pond.

How close to the lobby can I get a studio standard view?

The closest studio SV to the lobby would be on the 2nd floor nearest to the elevators. That would literally be right around the corner from the lobby.

Any floor close to the elevators means take the elevators or stairs down to the second level and you have the same proximity.

As has been pointed out, being close to the elevators also means overlooking the main drive-up area with that noise as well as the DME cages being banged around a bit. Not a big deal to us, but that could be disturbing to some.

crisi said:

I agree that you will always be doing stairs or elevators at BWV. Even if you are on the ground floor (pool level) you will be doing some stairs or elevators along the way. Just getting from the Boardwalk area to the lobby or higher means climbing stairs or taking the elevator. ::yes::

Ground floor is not ABOVE the pool. It is on the ground floor - pool level. I had a great 1bd STND last november (I think room 1121). Balcony opened up on the lawn with the fountain view. We were also directly across the bus stop (across the street). It wasn't too close to the main boardwalk but no stairs or elevators needed. There is an exit to either the quiet pool or the bust stop walkway a few feet away. Also very close to the walkway to DHS.

If you look at dvcnews dot com - resort - BWV - map - the room was located in the light green section corner close to the pond.

I think of the ground floor as the lobby floor, and the pool as coming out of the backyard basement. i.e. a big walkout. I had thought the standard views were almost all starting on the lobby level, not the pool level, but its been a while since we've stayed standard view and I haven't paid attention in years. But come to think of it, I think we did have a standard view a long time that was downstairs for the lobby - really nice for the pool - but we still needed to take the stairs to get to the bus stop.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter