BWV vs. BCV?

Debi

<font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea
I'm looking to stay at one of these two resorts next summer (paying cash and seriously considering purchasing DVC while there). I'll be booking a studio (only two adults, no need for a villa), and I'm looking for opinions from people who have stayed in both. I've stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and the Beach Club before, but never at the Villas section of each resort. Pros? Cons? Is one studio larger than the other? They're the same price wise, but I'm wondering what the pros/cons are to each resort. Thanks!!

They are essentially the same. I don' think there is any significant difference in the room size. The 2 things I like about BCV over BWV are SAB & the shorter walk to Epcot.

I'd do BCV for those 2 reasons.

The BCV has a superior (in my mind) table setup by the kitchen, the BWV have a bigger closet in the master bedroom. I think the bad views at BWVs sound better than the bad views at BCVs, but that's a matter of preference. I like the BCV pool better for small children (zero entry) and older kids, but not for "need to watch them swim, want indendance" stage (my son is seven and right there at the SAB gives me too much grey hair age) - too hard to watch kids.

I've stayed at both. My first trip was split between the two to help me decide where to buy points. For me, BCV all the way! However, I'll admit that the best views are at BWV-nothing is as awesome as that BW view. BWV seems a little more formal to me, and there are more upscale places to eat nearby. BCV is more a toes in the sand on the beach, go to the ice cream shop, lie down on the couch in the Breezeway or the Solarium. Much more relaxed and I think family oriented (but it's Disney-really, they're both family oriented places). But you can't beat that gelato in the Marketplace for a snack, or if you're really hungry, wander over to B&C for a sundae. But if you go through the Breezeway, and there's a lady asleep on the couch, in 2 weeks, please try not to wake me up (it's OK-I'm a sound sleeper!)

In addition to what has already been posted:

BWV has the option of cheaper stays thru using the standard view option.

BCV has better self-parking...a lot better. Much much closer than BWV.

BWV has bigger rooms....only you can decide if the difference is significant...but the BWV rooms are bigger.

BWV has the Community Hall activities center. BCV has nothing really comparable.

BCV because it's less noisy, SAB (already mentioned, but really very cool!) and let's not forget Beaches and Cream! Worth getting a voucher for this one.

Things that I would consider advantages at each....
** may need 11 month window to book

BCV-
convienent self-parking
dedicated 2 bedrooms
dedicated 2 bedrooms with 2 queens**
SAB
oval dining table w/bench seat
connecting door in lock-offs in entry of unit (less noise)
more elevators/shorter corridors
very close to Epcot

BWV-
Grand Villas**
Standard View points**
Boardwalk views/nicer views in general
community hall
larger master closet
slightly larger rooms???
midway between Epcot and MGM

BW also has the entertainment at night. It isn't a big deal to walk over from BC for it, but then, it isn't a big deal to walk over the the BC from the BW to stick your toes in the sand. They are really so close (and both resorts so large) that some of the differences like "B&C vs. ESPN" are sort of moot. Want to ride a surry bike and staying at BCVs, five minute walk. Want to sit in a chair by the beach, five minute walk.

We own at BCV, but love BWV. Our basic rule is to book Beach club and then switch to Boardwalk if we can get the Boardwalk view. Without the view, they run even in our opinion. I won't run down the benefits of each as others have already done so.
If you can get Boardwalk view, go with it, otherwise stay Beach Club. Knowing how you love Epcot, you'll be happy either way! :sunny:

Both resorts are a lot alike. We like them both very much. Our favorite thing at BCV is SAB; our favorite thing at BWV are boardwalk view villas. Our least favorite thing at BCV is how far away from SAB, the restaurants and the boat dock the villas are; our least favorite thing at BWV is only one set of elevators in the building. If we had to pick one over the other, it would be BWV,by a slight edge. As much as we like SAB, the walk there can be quite a hike. This can quickly become cumbersome for a family that wants to use SAB a lot.
You can't go wrong with either resort, they are 2 of Disney's finest resorts.

sdenis said:
BCV because it's less noisy, SAB (already mentioned, but really very cool!) and let's not forget Beaches and Cream! Worth getting a voucher for this one.

How do you get a voucher? What is it's benefit?

Thx

dcal said:
Please excuse the question if I missed the obvious:

What is SAB?

Storm-Along-Bay, the pool that's for the BC, YC and BCV.

Bobbi :flower:

We've stayed in studios at both...own at BW. I do prefer BWV. I'm one of the few that isn't overwhelmed by SAB. I don't like that the kids have to leave the area, cross over a public walkway, in order to get to the big slide.
I do love the little hidden away public rooms at BCV though. They are terrific. I love Luna Park at BW...my favorite. I love the restaurant options at BW, but love the Marketplace at BC.
I do think the studios are a bit bigger at BW. It's funny but my dd actually mentioned it when we walked into the studio at BC in June. She was only 11!! You can get a standard view villa at BW for less points than a regular view at BC.
BW seems more formal and grown-up. We love Community Hall. We find the walks to both MGM and Epcot to be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter