CAA - AAA rate questions

Canadave

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used the CAA discount for booking rooms? Is it the same as the AAA rate? If you have used the CAA discount, did you go through CAA or WDW directly?
I've tried to get help from the CAA office's TA's and time and again, I get totally frustrated. You would think for a popular destination like WDW , they should know more about it than they do. So I'm hoping I can go through the CRO directly

I don't know about CAA, but I just applied the AAA discount to my WL reservation and saved $256! The reservation was an existing ressie, and I just called CRO directly.

hi Canadave,
i book directly for room only through WDW with my caa card and have always been able to get the discount. i always ask for the AAA rate,as some of the cm's don't know what CAA is. it is the same rate though. i usually end up changing it before i go to an AP rate but if i can't get one CAA is better than nothing. they will tell you to bring your card with you, and you save between 10-15%. hope this helps:D
kathe

I just booked Pop Century for March Break using my CAA card and calculating it out, I got a 15% discount. I'm still hoping for a better room-only code though. With tax included, my room rate is US$103.30 per night. I booked directly with WDW. It was easy as pie!

katypop...I've been looking at getting an AP to book a room. When you had a CAA discounted room and switched to the AP discounted room, did you have to cancel the first reservation and start over or could you transfer the info and just take the extra discount. I've been following the AP thread on the Resorts Board. Hopefully the AP rates will come out soon. We're staying at the ASMo in Jan/Feb...do you think the rates will be that much better for AP than CAA at that time. Thanks...

Canadave-last spring i was able to change my caa to AP rate very easily. they checked first to see if the AP rate was available for my stay, then cancelled the first and made a new reservation with new rate for the same time. they sent me a new confirmation as well. only problem i had was the AP rate didn't start until my 2nd night at wdw, so they actually made it into two reservations, the 1st night at caa rate , then the rest at AP rate. i did not have to change rooms, but did have to visit the check in desk the second day so they could update everything. no problems though.
for our upcoming trip, i had a woodsview room booked with caa discount at WL but could not get an AP rate for this, but could if i took a courtyard room. so we took the upgaded room and are still saving about $500.00.
i have never been to wdw in jan or feb so am not sure about the AP rates, but don't give up. in the spring the AP rates came out 5 days before my trip::yes:: and i was able to get them. discounts have been about 35-40% off, way better than caa.
good luck:D
kathe

Just called WDW and booked Pop Century for Jan 29 to Feb 8 with the CAA (AAA) discount. Wanted ASMo, but it was the only value resort that didn't have any discount rooms left. Got 20% off ($61.60 + tax per night):D The women from WDW was very friendly and helpful (and knew CAA was the Canadian version of AAA). I asked about the Annual Passes...not out yet, but she told me that if I wanted to change later from CAA to AP discount, it is no problem...a lot of people do change it once the AP rates are out.
Thanks to everyone for your help...I love this forum...makes decision making so much easier :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter