CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Well, I'm very late posting this, but we caught Covid coming back home from our trip and the last few weeks have been foggy at best.

We stayed at Cabana Bay Jan 30-Feb 2 (before moving on to WDW). We had a standard view room, as there were just the two of us, and we intended on spending most of our time in the parks anyway. This was our 2nd trip to CBBR, and we chose to come back mostly because we'd really enjoyed the resort the first time, and because of the easy walk to Volcano Bay. Our room was on the ground floor and almost at the very end of Americana Building 6, so quite far from the lobby and food court, but close to Volcano Bay, which we liked.

We checked in around lunch time, easy painless process with the employee at the desk. Our room was ready already, so we were able to quickly settle in, eat lunch and go to VB. The room was fine, although we felt it would be due for a soft refurb. There were visible dents and scrapes on the walls and furnitures. Nothing major, but I do think that the retro style of the hotel means any small wear on the furniture makes my brain think of the room as "old". It's hard to explain, but it's as if my brain associates anything '60s-looking with scratches on it as if it actually were from the '60s, so it felt as if the resort was really old and outdated. We didn't find that on our first visit in 2018, probably because the resort was newer. Anyway, like I said, nothing major, everything was generally clean and in good working order.

The food court was nice. My husband ended up being sick for almost our 2 full days there (caught some kind of stomach bug from my mom who'd driven us to the airport...), so I spent more time wandering the hotel than we normally would (I thankfully did not get sick). Food choices were fairly varied, staff were friendly and there was always a lot of tables to sit at. I also bought a bunch of "stomach-safe" items to bring to my husband to munch on while he was recovering, and he was very grateful for the plain Cheerios. Small "me" complaint, but I did realize, being there so much more than usual, how loud this resort is. There is always loud music playing everywhere, I could never find a "quiet" spot to sit and relax, whether by the pool or in the lobby/food court.

We did make it to the parks some. Buses were always there when we walked to the bus stop, either coming or going, and there was always a lot of space to sit on. Getting to IoA for early entry was very easy as well. Ride was short and comfortable, no issue. On our check out day, we left our bags at bell services while we went to the parks and to do the Great Movie Escape in City Walk, waiting for our Disney room to be ready. Again, excellent service, I was very pleased with how simple it was to leave all our stuff while we were enjoying our last half-day at Universal.

Bottom line: I still think this is a fine resort, but I'll be ready to try somewhere else for our next trip, most likely Aventura (unless we'd get a super discount, I can't see us splurging on any of the three deluxes).

Well, I'm very late posting this, but we caught Covid coming back home from our trip and t Small "me" complaint, but I did realize, being there so much more than usual, how loud this resort is. There is always loud music playing everywhere, I could never find a "quiet" spot to sit and relax, whether by the pool or in the lobby/food court.
Glad you're all feeling better. I agree about the music. I love the resort, and it's very well themed, and I know the music is part of that... but I was done with it!

Hello! We are currently booked for our USO trip in June with Cabana Bay as the first part of our stay. We’ve never been, so I will be checking this thread out. We have stayed at premiers for express passes, so still kinda hoping we can get in, but we’ll see.

My questions, how are the busses at the end of the night when everyone is trying to get back? When we stayed at Dockside, it was rough. The lines were super long, they packed us in like cows, and I just didn’t enjoy that. Can you walk to and from CB to USO, easy path? I haven’t had time to browse the thread yet, so it might be answered already.

We can’t wait to be back at USO!

Hello! We are currently booked for our USO trip in June with Cabana Bay as the first part of our stay. We’ve never been, so I will be checking this thread out. We have stayed at premiers for express passes, so still kinda hoping we can get in, but we’ll see.

My questions, how are the busses at the end of the night when everyone is trying to get back? When we stayed at Dockside, it was rough. The lines were super long, they packed us in like cows, and I just didn’t enjoy that. Can you walk to and from CB to USO, easy path? I haven’t had time to browse the thread yet, so it might be answered already.

In my experience, buses are great in the morning and at the end of the night. When I left last week, as soon as a bus filled up and left there was another right behind it. They will pack you in. (When I have had longer waits to get to the park from CB it has been late morning and mid-afternoon.)

There is a walking path, maybe 20 minutes depending on how fast you walk. It goes along toward Royal Pacific, then turns and goes over a bridge, along Hollywood Way, then there is a pedestrian bridge over Adventure Way. If you look at Google Maps you can see it in green.

In my experience, buses are great in the morning and at the end of the night. When I left last week, as soon as a bus filled up and left there was another right behind it. They will pack you in. (When I have had longer waits to get to the park from CB it has been late morning and mid-afternoon.)

There is a walking path, maybe 20 minutes depending on how fast you walk. It goes along toward Royal Pacific, then turns and goes over a bridge, along Hollywood Way, then there is a pedestrian bridge over Adventure Way. If you look at Google Maps you can see it in green.
Thanks I will check google maps out.

how are the busses at the end of the night when everyone is trying to get back?
Hang out at CityWalk a little bit, if both parks close at the same time (a dining reservation for shortly after park close is ideal). If the parks close at different times, the buses aren't too bad because everyone kinda wanders that way over a wider time frame, so there isn't a sudden rush.

Now if you are leaving at the very end of an event like HHN, when everyone is exiting & heading straight to the bus/boat, you'll get waits.

Would you say this is accurate? Where I circled blue, I am not sure which direction that little twist goes lol but we've walked from Royal before.

cb to uso.JPG

Would you say this is accurate? Where I circled blue, I am not sure which direction that little twist goes lol but we've walked from Royal before.

View attachment 745216
Yes that’s the path. Where you circled is the little intersection at RP where you can either go to main entrance or around to the pool and towers 1 and 2. CB is another 10 minutes or so because you have to cross the street and the crosswalk is not directly in front of SF but a little ways down then you have to double back. It’s annoying but not terrible.

Is there a family suit option where you would have/could book a volcano bay view? I see there is a 2 bedroom suite available but it's more room than we would need and a bit pricey. Thanks

We have two nights booked at Cabana Bay before two nights at PBH at the end of April. Because I was looking for AP rates I ended up with a family suite with interior entry. All I wanted was a regular room because it’s just me, DH, and DD10, but the suite was cheaper than a regular room with no discount. Anyway, now I’m super excited to try it out!

I failed to make any room requests on the original reservation because I didn’t know what to ask for and I’m considering trying to add a request to the reservation. We only stayed at CB for one quick night over three years ago so I need some expert advice!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should request for my room category!

Thanks in advance for your help!

We check in on Wednesday. Friday is going to be a resort day and was looking forward to the lazy river. Called today and was informed that it will be reopening Friday or Saturday but they’re not sure which day.

I am so confused as to why they would choose to refurbish during spring break season.

We check in on Wednesday. Friday is going to be a resort day and was looking forward to the lazy river. Called today and was informed that it will be reopening Friday or Saturday but they’re not sure which day.

I am so confused as to why they would choose to refurbish during spring break season.
Not sure, but there could have been a problem that needed to be fixed immediately, so they decided to just do it.

We have two nights booked at Cabana Bay before two nights at PBH at the end of April. Because I was looking for AP rates I ended up with a family suite with interior entry. All I wanted was a regular room because it’s just me, DH, and DD10, but the suite was cheaper than a regular room with no discount. Anyway, now I’m super excited to try it out!

I failed to make any room requests on the original reservation because I didn’t know what to ask for and I’m considering trying to add a request to the reservation. We only stayed at CB for one quick night over three years ago so I need some expert advice!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should request for my room category!

Thanks in advance for your help!
I recommend where we stayed! We stayed at Castaway building, right in the middle (exterior family suite) and we really liked the location. It was close to the garden walk, should we decide to walk (did this twice) or take the ferry from Sapphire Falls (Also did this 3 times. It was easier when we did pool hop, as there is only 1 ferry dock at City Walk, so we just get off and get on the other ferry). On all other days, we were relatively okay distance to the bus stop, so it worked well. :)

Yes, it was a bit of walk to Volcano Bay, but we all walked in our swimsuits and sandals, so it was ok. On the way back, it was a pleasant walk and your swimsuit is actually quite dry as you walk into the room - so that you're not dripping water everywhere.

We were on the top floor as we want to be away from the parking lot and no noise from the top. - we always ask for either top or the first floor (if we travel with parents).
We stayed in the new building years ago, (the one close to Volcano bay that looks like mini Aventura), and they were clean, but it was FAR. lol

Not sure, but there could have been a problem that needed to be fixed immediately, so they decided to just do it.
Is there a family suit option where you would have/could book a volcano bay view? I see there is a 2 bedroom suite available but it's more room than we would need and a bit pricey. Thanks
I’d love to find out the answer to
this as well…anyone? Thx

I’d love to find out the answer to
this as well…anyone? Thx
The volcano view suites are only the 2 bedroom. However, if you book a poolside interior entry family suite, and ask for a high floor, you might be able to see VB from your window. When we stayed in a regular room in the Americana building, we could see VB, but it wasn’t advertised as such. Another option is to book two VB rooms, and hope you can get them adjoining. Not the same as having a true suite, but it’s an option if the view is really important to you.

The volcano view suites are only the 2 bedroom. However, if you book a poolside interior entry family suite, and ask for a high floor, you might be able to see VB from your window. When we stayed in a regular room in the Americana building, we could see VB, but it wasn’t advertised as such. Another option is to book two VB rooms, and hope you can get them adjoining. Not the same as having a true suite, but it’s an option if the view is really important to you.
That’s a great tip! I have an interior entry family suite booked but was going to ask for high floor near the lobby in Americana, now I’m wondering if I should ask for near VB. We do plan to go there multiple times during our trip.

Anyone know where the interior family suite are in Americana? Are they scatter or concentrate in a specific building in Americana?

What time of year were you at Dockside? I was just there last week and the buses were plentiful. Back to back and almost no wait. We had rain and everything and the buses kept up. I have other trips planned so I would like to be informed if the seasons have in impact. I always reserve a couple of resorts and then choose closer to the trip time. Dockside has just had some amazing AP rates.

What time of year were you at Dockside? I was just there last week and the buses were plentiful. Back to back and almost no wait. We had rain and everything and the buses kept up. I have other trips planned so I would like to be informed if the seasons have in impact. I always reserve a couple of resorts and then choose closer to the trip time. Dockside has just had some amazing AP rates.
We were there in June 21, for 4 or so nights if I recall (have to check signature after I post lol) and for the meetup but each night the bus lines were horrible. Maybe because things were starting to get back to "normalish" after covid closed things down, who knows. I just was not impressed.

We were there in June 21, for 4 or so nights if I recall (have to check signature after I post lol) and for the meetup but each night the bus lines were horrible. Maybe because things were starting to get back to "normalish" after covid closed things down, who knows. I just was not impressed.
I think they’re better now. I was there about a year ago, and while the lines were long at the end of night, the buses were plentiful - just kept rolling one after another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter