Cabana Bay, Do you feel it's worth it?

What is your favorite On-Site Hotel

• Loews Portifino Bay

• Loews Royal Pacific

• Hard Rock Hotel

• Cabana Bay

• Off-Site

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just spent 2 1/2 hrs and reviewed the Portofino Bay Hotel. OMG. It looks gorgeous.Looks better then Loews Pacific. I would like to try out the spa for 50 minutes. Right now would be a good time. ::yes:: I could use a massage right now, since Ive been on the computer all day and night.
Has anybody used the spa?

I'm also trying also get ideas to put together a journal trip book for my daughter to do while were driving and getting to the hotel. Similar to a scrapbook so she can remember her trip.
Doe's anyone have anything for universal and IOA?

We stayed at the the Loews Pacific last year. I didnt care much for there food so we ate at HP 3 broomsticks and Boston Lobsterfeast.:love: that place.If you crave lobsters like we do., you can definately get our monies worth.
We love the EP especially the unlimited, I can't tell you how many times I went on the mummy ride, I must have bought all the souvinirs in the gift shop and going on jurassic park and popeye. We never got off because noone was online for while, that was great, but my daughter and I were drenched and our feet were so water logged, we actually stayed by the pool for a day. That never happens.

I'm looking to go the from Sept 23-28th this year.

you'll be there during the hhn period.
weekends will be busy in the parks.

i voted for RPH in the poll.
i prefer having the extra amenities and services in a deluxe hotel than the new Cbay hotel has to offer.

I just spent 2 1/2 hrs and reviewed the Portofino Bay Hotel. OMG. It looks gorgeous.Looks better then Loews Pacific. I would like to try out the spa for 50 minutes. Right now would be a good time. ::yes:: I could use a massage right now, since Ive been on the computer all day and night.

I'm also trying also get ideas to put together a journal trip book for my daughter to do while were driving and getting to the hotel. Similar to a scrapbook so she can remember her trip.
Doe's anyone have anything for universal and IOA?

We stayed at the the Loews Pacific last year. I didnt care much for there food so we ate at HP 3 broomsticks and Boston Lobsterfeast.:love: that place.If you crave lobsters like we do., you can definately get our monies worth.
We love the EP especially the unlimited, I can't tell you how many times I went on the mummy ride, I must have bought all the souvinirs in the gift shop and going on jurassic park and popeye. We never got off because noone was online for while, that was great, but my daughter and I were drenched and our feet were so water logged, we actually stayed by the pool for a day. That never happens.

We LOVE Portofino..It is our favorite and the SPA is heavenly and worth it !

I've used the Spa two or 3 times and it's lovely. I think I have the Balinese Polish massage that lasts around 50 minutes, I also had the deep tissue massage, that massage was better if I'm honest.

It's not the best Spa I have ever used but it is good if you're there :thumbsup2

I voted Royal Pacific in the poll...........for us it's the best of the 3 of them. It has everything we look for in a hotel.

I'm not a fan of the new one, I just don't like the look of it, but each to their own :)

I just booked a week at Loews Portofino. They seem more kid friendly and there menus look delish. This place really looks lavishing.

I talked to a customer service rep from Universal and was told that the Lazy river, pool was for Cabana Bay resort guests only that "pool hopping" from other resorts was not allowed at Cabana Bay. So we just have to stay there!!!We love HRH but the parks are so close at Universal it will definitely be worth it to stay there to try the lazy river! We are not park commandos (anymore) so express pass not that big of a deal for us.

I talked to a customer service rep from Universal and was told that the Lazy river, pool was for Cabana Bay resort guests only that "pool hopping" from other resorts was not allowed at Cabana Bay. So we just have to stay there!!!We love HRH but the parks are so close at Universal it will definitely be worth it to stay there to try the lazy river! We are not park commandos (anymore) so express pass not that big of a deal for us.

from what you found out, makes me wonder if the CBay guests won't be able to pool hop to the deluxe resorts once Lazy river opens.

Just got back from a quick 3 night stay at Royal Pacific. We could see Cabana Bay from the elevators then drove by it. Personally, I think it's an absolute eye-sore on Universal property. You've got the beautifully landscaped 3 Deluxe Resorts, then this ugly as sin building in the distance. I get the theme, but this was the first hotel misfire by Universal. Seriously, it makes the Disney Value resorts look like 5 star resorts. Absolutely hideous.

Just got back from a quick 3 night stay at Royal Pacific. We could see Cabana Bay from the elevators then drove by it. Personally, I think it's an absolute eye-sore on Universal property. You've got the beautifully landscaped 3 Deluxe Resorts, then this ugly as sin building in the distance. I get the theme, but this was the first hotel misfire by Universal. Seriously, it makes the Disney Value resorts look like 5 star resorts. Absolutely hideous.

Sooo, reading between the lines, you don't like it? Not sure how you feel. ;)

Sooo, reading between the lines, you don't like it? Not sure how you feel. ;)

HA - I mean, it's not fair for me to be so quick to judge, given I haven't seen the rooms, pools or dining area. But from the outside, yeah, it's hideous.

Pool area looks nice, and the lobby food area is nice as well. Rooms just aren't my cup of tea and I can't get past the outside.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I am really looking forward to trying the hotel out for my next stay. No, it doesn't have express pass, but the early entry sounds nice as does the Lazy river which my daughter will absolutely love. I definitely think it sounds worth trying at least once.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I am really looking forward to trying the hotel out for my next stay. No, it doesn't have express pass, but the early entry sounds nice as does the Lazy river which my daughter will absolutely love. I definitely think it sounds worth trying at least once.

I think this hotel will be very popular. Lots of people don't mind not having the express pass, as we can see by the popularity of the close offsite hotels.

W're really looking forward to staying there as well. I think the theming is bang on and the detail is amazing. I think it will be a fun resort to try out for the two nights we are there.

I have to agree with you. I think it`s a bit of a monstrosity......but damo is right it will be popular. Ideal for larger families too that don`t want to purchase 2 rooms in a deluxe.

We watched it being built in September, and drove past it numerous times......it didn`t grow on me at all. No inclination to stay there. I`m more than happy at RPR.

We're trying it for one night before switching to RPR for 4 nights.

I couldn't give up Express Pass but we won't be arriving until 4 or 5 and the kids thought it looked fun to try so best of both worlds!

Maybe it's me but I think the "Beach Party" theme is cute and pool area looks like a lot of fun. We are getting two rooms at RPR so being able to get the one room for the night made it all worth while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter