Cabana Bay Poolside Family Suite

DonaldnDaisy5

DIS Veteran
We currently have booked a 4 night 5 day package through Universal. It is not our first time at the parks, but it will be our first time doing Volcano Bay. We have 3 park park to park tickets.

We are booked in a family suite and upgraded(?) to poolside exterior room - the trip will be 4 of us. What can we expect? I am struggling with what to expect with this resort and room. My husband seems to be dreaming of walking out the door and falling into the pool - I want to temper his expectations. We stayed at RP before, I know we won't have express passes included and we will not be paying for them, the week we are going they are crazy. I know there will be lines.

If you are in the exterior family suites you will be by the pool with the slide (think a normal hotel pool). But the lazy river and the main pool will be in another area.

We LOVE the exterior buildings, you can park your vehicle practically “outside” your door which is great if you have and use your car around Orlando on your visit. But some prefer the newer tower rooms and having the indoor resort feel as opposed to the exterior buildings.

They are not luxury suites though, basic but at a great price for a small family. I also think its much quieter (especially if you are staying during HHN).

Compared to RP it will feel much more basic, not luxurious, but the resort has a very nostalgic FUN vibe.

I love Cabana Bay, esp the Family Suites. Fun to just relax in and cozy.

Since you will be on the other side of the resort, you will need to walk a decent distance to get to the lazy river side or even Volcano Bay. But the nice thing is that walk is way less than having to wait for a bus.

My personal favorite thing about the resort is the food court. We enjoy the food but really what stands out to us are the old fashion ads/short clips playing on these large screens as you eat. Really fun to watch

The resort has been insanely crowded recently, but the pools don't seem to be as bad. Those rooms are on the side with the waterslide, that pool is a lot more popular. We prefer the lazy river and are obsessed with spending lazy mornings there! The suites are on par with All Star Music suites I would say or even the ones at Art of Animation if you have stayed there? Not as big as an Embassy Suites or Hilton type of suites but decent.
Definitely not as nice as RP, but so much fun in it's own vibe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter