Cabana Bay, Standard room or Poolside room??

tinkerone

DIS Veteran
Which would you pick and why. I have a standard room booked but there is a AP rate for poolview that would save me some $$. There's only two of us so size doesn't matter. Just wondering where they may be located.

Poolview rooms are just that. They face "into" the resort and overlook the pools. Standard rooms are on the outside of the buildings facing outwards (to the street, parking lots etc.)

The size of the rooms are are identical whether you are in standard or poolview.

Poolview is typically more expensive as it is more desirable. So if you have a better deal now for a poolview vs. what you paid for a standard then I would make the switch.

Watch out for construction next to the tower rooms. If you do not get a poolside room, you could be facing the construction area where Volcano Bay is being built.

The lowest priced rooms are mostly at the far end of the two towers, facing Turkey Lake Road or Sapphire Falls\I-4 ramp or the aforementioned construction.

That water park opens next summer I think. So it depends on when you are going. I would pay the extra for a poolside room. Or try for a room in the courtyard buildings, which are not near the construction...

Have a great trip...

We arrived and checked into our standard room way down the end of the tower overlooking the parking lot and roads. I called the front desk from our room and asked for an upgrade. Had to pay for it (no freebies :)) but I was so much happier seeing the pool and grounds out our window instead. It just didn't feel like FL vacation with the crappy view.

Go for the pool view. The windows are full size ceiling to floor. It definitely makes you feel the theme of the resort when looking across the courtyard. I am going back again and paid extra for the pool view.

We were in a standard tower room close to the lobby. We could see part of Volcano Bay, The Eye, and of course the parking lot and bus stop area.

Which would you pick and why. I have a standard room booked but there is a AP rate for poolview that would save me some $$. There's only two of us so size doesn't matter. Just wondering where they may be located.

You may want to recheck. I too had switched to a poolview room for the AP rate, but looked this morning and they now have the standard rooms on AP rate of $89 for my dates. (The view does not matter at all to me.)

You may want to recheck. I too had switched to a poolview room for the AP rate, but looked this morning and they now have the standard rooms on AP rate of $89 for my dates. (The view does not matter at all to me.)
Thanks, I actually manage to get the poolview for $122 then a week later the standard room was offered at $104, which I switched to. I keep checking in hopes it may get even better however the standard room has gone up to $107. I'll keep watch though, $89 would be amazing.
Again, thanks.

We had a pool view and we loved it granted we were in the parks most of the time but we would go back to the hotel for lunch ( which was great by the way) and sometimes sit by the pool and we would go up to the room and look out and enjoy the view. If you can get it a little cheaper I would go with the pool view.

Thanks, I actually manage to get the poolview for $122 then a week later the standard room was offered at $104, which I switched to. I keep checking in hopes it may get even better however the standard room has gone up to $107. I'll keep watch though, $89 would be amazing.
Again, thanks.

I would guess probably not for $89 for you, because my poolview room was $104 before I switched. I'm going mid-week in November. That's $50 I can use on drinks at the pool bar!

Just got a family suite for $105 so I have switched again. Not knowing the resort its so hard. I could pick from courtyard or tower and picked courtyard just because. I want something close to the main building and didn't know how to choose. Hopefully I choose right.

Interesting, they must have extra family suites. They dropped the prices for my dates for the suites also. I'm going solo for 3 nights, if I was staying longer I might have been tempted by the kitchenette.

Interesting, they must have extra family suites. They dropped the prices for my dates for the suites also. I'm going solo for 3 nights, if I was staying longer I might have been tempted by the kitchenette.
We won't use the kitchnette either but I love the idea of extra room especially as they cost the same. I'll keep my eye open and if they lower the cost of the rooms I'll hop on that. I like cheap.... ;)

I could pick from courtyard or tower and picked courtyard just because. I want something close to the main building and didn't know how to choose.

I just posted this in response to the another question about tower versus courtyard:

"I would say that the Courtyard may be closer to the LOBBY than the Tower. (I haven't stayed in the courtyard so I'm just going by what it looks like). However, the Tower is closer to the food court and the bus stop. So it depends on what you are looking for."

I don't know what's going on with the rates at CB, but the APH rates for my 10/31-11/3 trip went down $30 per night. I'm getting a tower suite (standard view) for $99 per night! Score!

I just posted this in response to the another question about tower versus courtyard:

"I would say that the Courtyard may be closer to the LOBBY than the Tower. (I haven't stayed in the courtyard so I'm just going by what it looks like). However, the Tower is closer to the food court and the bus stop. So it depends on what you are looking for."

I don't know what's going on with the rates at CB, but the APH rates for my 10/31-11/3 trip went down $30 per night. I'm getting a tower suite (standard view) for $99 per night! Score!
The rates are amazing. Were going in just before you leave and our rate is $105. We had a choice of the two as well but chose courtyard. I don't know the difference so I guess I will see. Do you know, if the courtyard entrance is from the outside, is there a window at the back of the room or are there other rooms at the back of it so no window?

ETA-Our rate is actually $99, $99, $119 which averages $105. Very happy with this.

The tower rooms have entrances in the long main hallways. We chose that this summer because the walk to the room was air conditioned. It was also very easy to go to the food court, bus stop and lazy river pool.

The courtyard rooms are outside entrance. Never stayed in one, but sure looks like the window you get is right next to the door. Sets of rooms face the pool side and those rear facing see... landscaping.

We are going 10/30 -11/4 and just got the same rate drop. I have standard courtyard suite with an APH $99 was $129. I wanted to switch to the towers but I'm worried about construction. I don't care about view but I would prefer interior corridors. That construction noise just worries me :( At least I saved $150

We are going 10/30 -11/4 and just got the same rate drop. I have standard courtyard suite with an APH $99 was $129. I wanted to switch to the towers but I'm worried about construction. I don't care about view but I would prefer interior corridors. That construction noise just worries me :( At least I saved $150
I was thinking we would prefer the tower rooms to however I pulled up some pics from tripadvisor of the rooms and was showing DH. He made a very good point. The courtyard rooms don't have the window in the bedroom which would help keep the area darker for sleeping while the tower rooms would have the window right in the bedroom and may allow more light into the bedroom area. I use a sleep mask as it is because any bits of light wake me, I'm very light sensitive. With that and the construction I think I will keep the courtyard suite.
Great price!

That construction noise just worries me

We were on the top floor of the Continental building, near the far end, standard view, two weeks ago. Could we hear some construction noise? Yes. The beep-beep-beep of construction vehicles was marginally annoying in the morning as we were getting ready. Would it have woken us up? Probably not.

I was thinking we would prefer the tower rooms to however I pulled up some pics from tripadvisor of the rooms and was showing DH. He made a very good point. The courtyard rooms don't have the window in the bedroom which would help keep the area darker for sleeping while the tower rooms would have the window right in the bedroom and may allow more light into the bedroom area. I use a sleep mask as it is because any bits of light wake me, I'm very light sensitive. With that and the construction I think I will keep the courtyard suite.
Great price!
Good point. We have black out curtains at home in the bedrooms. And with the rooms to the back I think maybe less noise will seep in fromy the parking lot and walkway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter