Cali Grill Fireworks - inside or out?

ashleymrush

DIS Veteran
FINALLY got a dinner ADR at California Grill on 1/20 at 6:10. The fireworks are at 8 pm. From those of you that have been before, should we request a window seat (knowing it's not guaranteed) and hope to watch from inside or is it better to go to the observation deck? I'm trying to gauge view and temperature to decide which is best. Thought it might be a little windy and chilly outside. What would you recommend?

Our experience was several years ago, but we chose to stay inside and watch from our window table. It was early February and chilly that day.

In your case where it might be chilly, I'd play it by conditions.

We watched the fireworks from CG back in July, at first we stayed inside as we had a table by the window. I'm sure this varies by the night, but on this particular evening there was still a lot of chatter/talking/general restaurant noise inside that was a distraction from the full show experience, from my perspective. I admit I'm maybe a bit picky and really like to experience show audio without a lot of other noise around. We opted to get up and walk outside half-way through, which was very easy to do.

I had two terrible experiences with watching fireworks there that have made me not want to return. If the weather permits I would go outside. Both times I had a window seat and you'd be amazed how many people will shove in front of you to watch from the window even when you're right there.

My daughter and I froze watching the fireworks from the viewing platform. We went in October one year and it was very windy and COLD! I would try and request a window seat if possible.

FINALLY got a dinner ADR at California Grill on 1/20 at 6:10. The fireworks are at 8 pm. From those of you that have been before, should we request a window seat (knowing it's not guaranteed) and hope to watch from inside or is it better to go to the observation deck? I'm trying to gauge view and temperature to decide which is best. Thought it might be a little windy and chilly outside. What would you recommend?
You may ask at the podium for particular sections. The response may be that your wait will be considerably longer.

Also, not all windows 'face' the Magic Kingdom. So you're not just asking for a window seat, but one with a view of the fireworks.

And as mentioned up-Thread, even if you get one of the 'choice' tables next to the window, you may find yourself with a lovely view of the back of the heads of those folks standing outside.

Sadly, we've been disappointed all too often at CA Grill for the fireworks - so we plan to go outside, and are subsequently delighted if our table allows us to view them from our chairs.

Most people will not be sitting at a table that gives them a good view of the fireworks. So for them to see, they have to go outside.
Personally, I like the balconay on the left, its less crowded and gives a little better angle to the park.
Remember, if you are watching HEA, you miss all the castle projections. Watching Wishes from CG was great, HEA, not as much because of how much you miss.

Most people will not be sitting at a table that gives them a good view of the fireworks. So for them to see, they have to go outside.
Personally, I like the balconay on the left, its less crowded and gives a little better angle to the park.
Remember, if you are watching HEA, you miss all the castle projections. Watching Wishes from CG was great, HEA, not as much because of how much you miss.

I know that not all agree with me but I'm not really a big fan of HEA. They are ok but I'm not that impressed by the projections. I'm a die-hard Wishes fan (still missing it horribly) so I'm trying to find a new way to enjoy the fireworks and create a memory with them that will make me appreciate them more.

Agree on above posts.

We had a window table with AWESOME view our first time and NONE since. Odds of a good window seat are slim.

Our only other window seat we had twice was the back room that was opened the last renovation. We had great view of Epcot fireworks, Water Electrical Parade, Orlando Eye ... then we went out on observation decks to watch MK. Inside will be busy, noisy and just not the same .... we always go outside now. Last few trips I booked HalloWishes ...... any of the holiday fireworks are the best from there!

Agree with the Holiday Firework shows as they are much less projection driven. Enjoyed watching HalloWishes last trip.

We were inside but not at the windows but facing the fireworks. It was very loud inside, so loud our waiter just told us he would bring us something to drink and come back after the fireworks to get our order since he couldn't hear us. I'd go outside.

And as mentioned up-Thread, even if you get one of the 'choice' tables next to the window, you may find yourself with a lovely view of the back of the heads of those folks standing outside.

T his happened to us at Narcossees. We had a fantastic seat with a straight on view of the fireworks. About halfway through, one of the patrons that went outside stood right in front of us on the outside of the window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter