California Grill now buffet -now verified?

Whew.....almost had a heart-a-stroke!!! Just read that the express transportation had been cancelled followed by the Cali Grill being a buffet, I was on about a level 8 melt down. Trying to calm now, glad I saw this post! Thank you all!

Pete said on the daily fix today that they went with the story because when they contacted Disney, Disney said it looks like a change occurred to them. Later when it was found to be in error WDWINFO posted a retraction. Accidents happen. I appreciate everything Pete's team does to keep us informed.

So even though Disney.com and the App have one menu - we are confirmed that's it's still a table service and the stuff we're seeing is a glitch - (Darn you Turbo lol)

Phew, I'm just happy it's back to normal and on my next trip, I can have a fab dinner then drink a nice glass of chilled white wine while surveying the fireworks :tinker: ah bliss

Pete said on the daily fix today that they went with the story because when they contacted Disney, Disney said it looks like a change occurred to them. Later when it was found to be in error WDWINFO posted a retraction. Accidents happen. I appreciate everything Pete's team does to keep us informed.
Thank you for being one of the few who realizes that accidents do happen. We definitely do our best to keep you all posted with accurate information, but we're all human after all. When you speak to Disney Dining a total of six times in two days and ask the same question and they say they're looking at the same information you are, it can make things interesting.

Just as an FYI for everyone, Disney has the same 'stations' buffet-style menu that was there Sunday and Monday back up on their California Grill dinner menu page as I type this. It was back to their old dinner menu in the afternoon yesterday. Also, it was not just the regular dinner menu with the prices missing, it's a completely different menu.

At the very least, we're keeping them honest.

Thank you for being one of the few who realizes that accidents do happen. We definitely do our best to keep you all posted with accurate information, but we're all human after all. When you speak to Disney Dining a total of six times in two days and ask the same question and they say they're looking at the same information you are, it can make things interesting.

Just as an FYI for everyone, Disney has the same 'stations' buffet-style menu that was there Sunday and Monday back up on their California Grill dinner menu page as I type this. It was back to their old dinner menu in the afternoon yesterday. Also, it was not just the regular dinner menu with the prices missing, it's a completely different menu.

At the very least, we're keeping them honest.
the menu is now restored to normalcy. not sure if it is accurate but it does include the pork tenderloin (i thought I saw some mention that it was gone from the menu recently?)

And I am SO relieved. Since the menus are seasonal, I am not stressing about the content; I just want to have one meal where I am not serving my kid from a buffet, and someone is serving me a beautiful meal.
I'm so relieved because this is my son's favorite restaurant in the entire world. I recently had bariatric surgery and while I will spend $42-60 or so on an entree I can't finish, I can't imagine how much a dinner buffet there would cost but I just can't justify it for the two of us... plus I don't think there is a kid price either (my son will be 9 on our next trip). If it was a high priced fancy buffet I just could not justify it. I'll pay $30 for a character breakfast where I can barely eat but I would imagine the posted buffet with raw bar and lobster etc would be upwards of $100pp and I can't justify that even at Disney!

The erroneous posted menu was for the New Year's Eve party. The cost to get into that is $650 per person, regardless of age.

QUOTE]
No worries.. I watch every podcast pertaining to WDW that DIS puts out. Pete is my hero. I would love to work for the DIS Unplugged when I grow up.

Yeah - the nightmare is it becomes a $200 buffet with characters from Star Wars.

Darth Vader: Take the menus and the desserts to my ship.
CG Manager: You said they'd be left at the back office under my supervision!
Darth Vader: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter