Call from Guide re: Grand California Villas

bnlbebes

Mouseketeachers
Has anyone received a call from their guide after being put on a "list" of interest for GCV? If so, what info, details have you gotten "officially?" :mickeyjum

Any idea when DVC will be contacting us as a membership with an offer or information? :tinker:

My guide had no info available to her...I just brought it up in conversation, we're not interested though. They dont have point charts, etc...nothing yet. Which I am sure can change at any time.

All we have is the artists rendering.

http://i235.*************************************GCV.jpg

All we have is the artists rendering.

http://i235.*************************************GCV.jpg

I have been looking at this rendering, and I think I have figured it out. It looks like it will be T shaped as we all asumed. It looks like this was drawn from the vantage point of looking from the existing pool area into one corner of the T. The walk way on the right (thru the building) makes sense since there was an existing access point from the front of the hotel that would be blocked if they did not allow for the walkway. The part of the building on the left of the photo is clearly DVC (Notice the lack of a balcony in on the master bedroom part of the villa). It is one floor shorter than the other section because this part of the building is most visable from DCA. (I assume to reduce visual intrusion into the park) This part of the building that we see faces the pool area. The other side will face DCA. This means that they are giving DVC the better views. THe part of the building on the right are standard rooms, as they will blend in better with the existing structure. This is speculation, but I am fairly sure that this is correct.

P.S. I think that if they start selling a TON of small point contracts, they (could) decide to make the standard rooms into studios as these will be in demand by local DVC owners that now rent rooms for short visits.

P.S. I think that if they start selling a TON of small point contracts, they (could) decide to make the standard rooms into studios as these will be in demand by local DVC owners that now rent rooms for short visits.

The standard rooms in current buidligns are 353 sf, a little larger than the standard rooms at AKL (344 sf). If they convert rooms this size, we may see a "value" category at the GC as well as the AKV.

-- Suzanne

The standard rooms in current buidligns are 353 sf, a little larger than the standard rooms at AKL (344 sf). If they convert rooms this size, we may see a "value" category at the GC as well as the AKV.

-- Suzanne

I think the Values at AKL are even smaller than that. 344 sf are standard Studios at AKL. SSR Studios are 355 sf so I do not know why they would have to call these value studios (If they even decide to convert them)

I have been looking at this rendering, and I think I have figured it out. It looks like it will be T shaped as we all asumed. It looks like this was drawn from the vantage point of looking from the existing pool area into one corner of the T. The walk way on the right (thru the building) makes sense since there was an existing access point from the front of the hotel that would be blocked if they did not allow for the walkway.

I agree- I spent a while looking at it and this was the only orientation that seemed possible. For me the key is the glass walkways between the upper floors of the building (the ones over the ground-level walkway you mention). The only place this would make sense would be at the junction of the existing hotel and the new addition. But I hadn't been able to identify what would be DVC and what would be hotel rooms- good catch on noticing the differences with the balconies on the left-hand section. It also ties in with the earlier rumors that the DVC units would be built in the "grassy area", because that's where that block stands. This would be GREAT if it is true, because this would give DVC only theme park or pool views- no parking lot views at all!

We were in Disneyland earlier this week and DH read online that there was a rumored big announcement on Tuesday. When we questioned the DVC reps on Monday they didn't know anything about it except they were having a "meeting". We asked first thing Tuesday and were pleased to hear that they finally announced the GCV.

DH and I went over to the preview center Wednesday morning to get any info that we could. The announcement is so new that they couldn't tell us much. In fact, we learned a little more from the news articles than from the guide we talked to (he just wanted us to add on 110 points at Saratoga). This is what we "unofficially" got from him:

The expansion is estimated to be done around late 2009 or so. Points charts are not yet available (and historically aren't available until sales begin). Sales historically begin about a year before completion. Historically, current members will be offered the purchase opportunity prior to the general public. Members will be happy with the point requirements for stays there (in other words, it's not going to cost the 24-39 or so points each night that it does now for a studio type room). He didn't really want to give us any information, but he did answer my questions (using the word historically a lot so that we knew what had happened in the past, but that it wasn't totally set for the future).

I called mine last week. She said she would get back to me as soon as she had some info. I will be in WDW in 2 weeks but she will be out on the cruise ship again for the whole 2 weeks I am there.

I called mine last week. She said she would get back to me as soon as she had some info. I will be in WDW in 2 weeks but she will be out on the cruise ship again for the whole 2 weeks I am there.

I am sure someone else can give you information when you are down there. Word is that additional informaition will be released October 9th. About the time you are down there. Or just check here. I am sure something will be posted within minutes.

My guide said that they knew nothing more than what the press release had said. We were put into the "database" of overzealous members who can't wait to spend their money on the next DVC offering. I'm hoping that they don't ask for money anytime soon, as we are finishing a resale closing on Harborside -Atlantis, Bahamas. :fish:

My guide said that they knew nothing more than what the press release had said. We were put into the "database" of overzealous members who can't wait to spend their money on the next DVC offering. I'm hoping that they don't ask for money anytime soon, as we are finishing a resale closing on Harborside -Atlantis, Bahamas. :fish:

I'm in the same boat...my guide basically said the same thing. I'm looking forward to my youngest finishing college in April to free up some funds for the add-on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter