Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindz: Congrats !! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc You picked the right date.

My guess for the new date is Aug. 30th. That is my DD birthday. :love:

ok guys - time to start calling me by my first name - i really dont want to hear newholidayx2 in the hallways - so from now on its Barb - k? thanks

Congratulations Andy! so when do we visit?

DHs (Dave) birthday is Aug 8 - Jonathan (DS) and I leave for FL Aug 13th! woohoo - cant wait to meet some of you

Heather and you others who wished us the best, Dad should be home for Easter BUT he has to spend tomorrow night. Saturday night will depend how much pain he is still in. Apperently(sp) this is a painful surgery. :confused3 Huh, what'a I know I thought they all were.

DS 10 Bryan made a thoughtful card at school for him. He heard me over talking about the will and such and is thinking Papa will not make it out.... :sad2: Very sensitive boy. Oops, blabbing again! Thanks to you all, I am headed to bed.

For those of you that got :cold: today, sorry. Hoping we just get :umbrella: the first of the week.

Mary

Mary - I agree any surgery is painful, but I hope your dad proves them all wrong! Children have amazing range, don't they. Never think they are not listening. My daughter is so sad about her friend also. My husband tried to explain the surgery he was going to have....the next day she was crying because she thought they cut his ear off. :earseek:. We'll bethinking of you and your family tom.....

I think Aug. is going to be busier than March as far as birthdays go. Maybe that has something to do with the choice of sailing when we are. ;)

What happened......we hit page 200 and where is everyone :confused3 Maybe we have talked ourselves out :rolleyes1

I doubt this group could talk ourselfs out :rotfl2:

Good Night All

Busy people today at the key boards. yeah page 200 :cool1:

I am not much better today either. I tried to sleep a few hrs on the couch... The wheezes I have wake me up and it scares the kids.. Its sounds like a death RATTLE,,lol :rotfl:

Anyone have connection to CHRYSLER because I have a true lemon of a car. Thank GOD I have the 100000 miles warrenty.... I took it in with 82057 miles on it.. and they swear to me they drove it around the area to correct the problem and the miles out were 82061... well driving it to my drive-way didnt even make it to 82061. A simple oil change and state inspection cost me $128 and change.. I am furious.. and than they never called me when it was ready... so I had to go there with MARTY at 715 PM.. wheezing and coughing all over them,,lol I swear the girl thought I was going to die on her desk.. I was LIVID..

ok sorry i just had to vent... pirate:

Terry have a good time with your sister..

Barb,, nice to put a name to the screen name

Sue feel free to write anytime, I love reading your accent... :teeth:

I better get to bed. I have a 915 DRs appointment to start my day off.. and I hope to get a call from the service manager at this CHRYSLER store..
Sweet dreams... :cloud9: :cloud9:

Doreen

Good Morning Everyone,

We got in a bit late last evening and Angelina was feeling ill, poor thing went straight to bed and fell asleep within minutes. Will probably take it easy today and change our plans around. No fever last night, will be checking that again after she wakes up this morning.

Congrats on reaching page 200 and post 3000 while I was away from the boards last evening, I knew you could do it!!!

Have a WONDERful and MAGICal day!!!

:wave:

Good morning everyone
Andy - Hope Angelina feels better today

Jonathan's home today (lucky kid).
I have a meeting this morn that takes me out of town. "How to run reports to clean up the circulation system" Told him if he needs anyone Dad will be easier to get in touch with even though he's 30mins from home. Oh well by 1pm I should be back to check on him.
I work in the children's dept of our town library. I prefer the part of my job where I enter the new books, keep the system clean, etc - more of the tech serv end.

Have a good day everyone

Andy: I wonder if it was the change of weather for Angelina ? Hope she is feeling better today. Keep us updated. :wizard:

Barb: My DS is also named Jonathan. Spelled the same way. He is 14. We aren't taking the kids on this cruise. They are going to spend time at WDW with grandparents.

John fixed my computer! It was the power supply, which is what I thought it was. Ed, we used to own an internet service and during the day I did tech support for our customers, so I knew enough to check the cords and all of the other obvious reasons. But thanks anyway. It was amazing how many people overlooked the most simple things. lol

:sunny: :boat: :sunny: 73 weeks till the cruise!!! :boat: :sunny: :boat:

SeaSpray said:
John fixed my computer! It was the power supply, which is what I thought it was. Ed, we used to own an internet service and during the day I did tech support for our customers, so I knew enough to check the cords and all of the other obvious reasons. But thanks anyway. It was amazing how many people overlooked the most simple things. lol

:sunny: :boat: :sunny: 73 weeks till the cruise!!! :boat: :sunny: :boat:

Hi Terry,

Good news your back on the air.

Ah another techie in our mists lol,

newholidayx2 (Barb) good to put a name to the screen id).

Andy: Hope Angelina is feeling better today.

Doreen- More PD :wizard: for you and your car

Mary Hope all goes well for your Dad,

:grouphug: to all, and more PD :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: around to all that are feeling ill.

Ed

How is everyone doing in The Illness area?..Hope all is well..

I have a question for our next cruise in October...

I havent been to St. Marteen or St. Thomas since I was 20....What is there to do now?..

I have no Idea... :confused3

Cindy Likes the beach's and Well..I like to drink...I saw a sky tram in St. Thomas that looks good, so I know we will be doing that...

Any Help will be appreciated...

Bobby

BOBBY
Definately do the tram on St Thomas. It is really cool. You can walk to it from the pier. Once you get to the top there is a restaurant and shops and an awesome view. I got a shot of the Magic that looks like a postcard.

There is a bird show, too. and you can have your photo taken with the birds. Sandy has a photo of a tropical bird sitting on her head and one cradle in her arms. Really neat.

Wish we were going too! I prefer the eastern itinerary.
Darlene

TERRY Glad you are back in working order...or at least your PC is.

ANDY Hope Angelina is feeling much better today. No fun being sick on vacation.

Hello BARB!

DOREEN - You go get 'em girl! Chrysler beware! You seriouly should not have to deal with this kind of thing when you are not feeling well. Take care!

I just sent my letter to Sears Customer Service. Must be a bad week for consumers.

MARY We are still praying for your dad.

HEATHER August will certainly be a full month for birthdays! DD's is 8/20. And that IS why we choose to sail in Aug. Not to mention all the wonderful company onboard with us!

Darlene

Angelina had kind of a rough night, she just got up about an hour ago. We were supposed to see Shirley at The Perfect Gift today and go to Dixie Crossroads for lunch so we could get our Rock Shrimp, but we had to cancel that for today with Angelina not feeling well, we decided to stay here at my mom's. The sky is very dark right now, and I can hear the thunder getting closer as I type. I hope the weather and Angelina are doing better tomorrow because we have our three hour paddle boat excursion planned on the St. Johns River. We get a nice buffet lunch with the paddle boat excursion as well.

O.K., the thunderstorm is just too close for comfort so I'm shutting the computer down for a while.

Bye for now,

Andy

Andy,

Hopefully the Tstorms have passed and you have some sun.
With any luck Angelina starts to feel better, rough thing for a child to feel ill on a vacation. :wizard: :wizard: Some PD for good measure.

Well as you heard most of the snow is melting fast.

Heather, looks like the 8/19/06 cruise is fast turning into one big Bday party,
I have # 49 right before the cruise on 8/15 lol.

If all works out we should be at WDW for that one. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Happy Weekend all :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Evening all,

Hope you are all well. It is Good Friday today and the weather over here is beautiful, low 70's with the sun shining brightly. This is the first of my 10 days off from work, so Vicki and I went out this afternoon down to our local beauty spot and sat outside, over looking the river, eating ice cream,and drinking smoothies it was so good to feel the sun. :sunny:

Barb: Lovley to call you "BARB" looking forward to meeting you this August at Trails end.

Mary: Hope your dad is well on the mend,what a lovley thing your dear son did making a card. Best wishes to you.

Heather: Hope all is well with you.

Doreen: Come on girl, get yourself better. Thinking of you in my welsh accent :grouphug:

Andy: So sorry Angelina is not feeling too good, nothing worse than being ill on your holidays, take care and hope you are able to make your plans tomorrow.

Tina: How are you my dear neighbour, not long to your trip to vegas, any chance you can fit me in your case?.

Terry: So glad your computer is fixed now, I thought we had a new family when you posted under you dh name lol.

Ed: August is indeed a busy month for birthdays, where do you plan on staying the night before the cruise? We were thinking of the Raddison or maybe 1 night somewhere at WDW and getting Disney transfers.

Bobby: Hi there, I bet you are looking forward to your cruise in October,I have never been to St Marteen or St Thomas but they both look great.

Darlene: How is Stan? I do hope he is better. My daughter is an August birthday girl as well on the 17th.

Sorry if I have missed out anyone, hosting this quiz is really putting me behind with reading all the posts, never mind it ends next Thursday 31st. Oh which by the way is my birthday day. I will have to have a celebration smoothie to mark the end of the quiz and my birthday.

Take Care all,

Sue :wave:

Hello Everyone...Was Bored today..

Here are My postings from Live on the Magic from The Hurricane frances Cruise..

ENJOY

Live From the magic
Hey Everyone..

Due to the Oncoming Hurricane...The Schedule has been modified..

Sunday Castaway Cay
No Key West..

Costa Meya?...In Mexico...I think..Will post When I remember.hehe

Great Day Today..

Bobby

P.s. Did anyone get a shot of the 2 palms cam today?..

Hello Allears..I believe John is still Onboard...He introduced himself last night...Well..the Head server did, and Yes his name is John,,I will find out tonight..

Its 4:30 am...Ship is empty..hehe...Workers are looking at me walking around deck taking pictures like im crazy...Feels like I have the whole Deck 10 to myself..

Check back in later...So far Smooth Sailings, Great electrical storm in the distance last night..Better than fireworks..

Bobby

On Board Up Date
Cant talk long..Waiting in line to go to Parrot Cay..

Castaway Cay was great today..got some cool digital underwater shots..

AllEars..John Will be onboard for your cruise..thats what he told me..

So far Smooth sailings..Day at sea tomorrow..

Bobby..

P.s. I will also check other requests this week as I can

Bobby

Update
Hello Everyone..

So Far we havent heard about what port we are docking at on Saturday..I just checked the weather report and it doset look good...

I will keep everyone posted..

So far the cruise is Awesome...Glass like seas...Great Weather..A little too hot for me..hehe...But its been great..

Palos last night with the REAS package...It was great...

Tonight is Pirate night..We cant wait...I am saving all the navigators that I will post for all to see when If ever..haha We get home...

I will try and post a lsting of movies sometime today or tomorrow..I keep forgetting to write them down...

Have to run for now..

Talk soon

Bobby

Storm Update
Good Morning Everyone..

Captain Tom, Announced yesterday that they are seeking alternate Ports to dock...We had to fill out paper work on how we arrived to the Port..

He also said it would not be out of the question to stay out at sea for another day..

Wouldnt that Be great?..

So far the weather has been awesome...Flat Seas...Great Service onBoard the Magic..

When we hear more about the storm and our course I will let everyone know..

TTFN Bobby

Where we are
Hello..

We are currently docked at Costa Maya...

Beautiful Sunny Day..

Will let everyone know what is going to happen..

Bobby

Re: Hey MoranClan!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerseylicious
Not sure if you went to any of the Meet & Greets or not yet, but if you did, did you meet SeaSpray?? A.k.a. Terry from Massachusetts? She's my aunt and I'm trying to find out what the deal is with the storm. If you see or know her, please tell her I said "HI"!

Thanks, have an awesome trip, and we'll be anxiously awaiting more details about the itinerary for the rest of the week.

Hello..Yes I met Your Aunt.,.Great People you are Lucky..

On our way to Texas as I type...

DCL is trying to do whatever they can for travel arrangements..

I feel bad for everyone in Florida..Its one Heck of a Storm...All stay Well..

Have to rush this post,,Yes there is a line..hahahahah

Will Post tomorrow AM..

Bobby
P.s. Disneys First ever 9 night Cruise...

Good Morning
Hello Everyone..

I hope and pray That everyone in the path of the storm will be safe...

I know that my family and everyone on board are in the Best possible place to be...

So far the passangers on board are very excited about the 2 extra nights...There are some who are miserable about the idea, but I guess they dont understand that Captain Tom and DCL are trying to keep the Ship, Crew and all passangers Safe...

Has anyone heard about the storm serge by Port Canaveral?..

My car is parked there, and I need to drive back to NY...If it washes away, its not a big deal...But I am just curious...

With that all said...And like I said...I hope everyone in the Path will be ok...

I cant believe that we have 2 more days on the Magic..WOO HOO

The Crew have all been awesome...From The cleaning people playing around with my kids...The painters that pass by my Verandah and Make faces at us..To The Capt. and all the Officers...

I now know why We have used DCL before...

We have Clive and Vivian as our servers...I hope that everyone here gets Them....Clive has been onboard for a while, and Vivian Is new...

Today should be a great day at sea..We are having a 2:00pm Dis Meet on deck 9, Goffy Pool...Everyone that has Alcohol with them are bringing it up..We even have 2 or 3 smoothie makers also..hahahahaah

I am keeping all the Navigators and will post them as soon as we get home...

Pirates Night Is a definate Hit...The menus are Great..Rolled up in string like a Treasure Map...

We even had Tropical night last night..Imagine..Pirate night and the Mexicali night Back to back on the same cruise..

Im trying to think what else to type, but dont want to keep it too long..

I will Post Later..

Bobby

Good Morning from Texas
Good Morning Everyone..

Slowly pulling into the Texas Port as I type..Cant see much, Its dark outside...

Passed a few oil Rigs yesterday which was cool...Seas are still great with very little movement onboard...

They are letting people get off this morning if they wish...Thats first for DCL...

We will be here until 12:00 and yes we can go ashore for few hours...

Lines have been huge for the Internet, thats why I couldnt post much yesterday...

The Magic is planned to dock at the Port on Monday at 12:00...The Wonder is scheduled at the same time as well..

How is the Storm doing?...Any Updates would be appreciated..

Thanks

Bobby

Live from Texas
Hello..

Thanks for all the updates on the storm..

The people here are Very friendly...Its nice...

We wont be in Port much..Just until 1:00pm....

Just refueling and getting more food...

We booked another night at Palos..YUM YUM...

Had Brunch yesterday..That was also YUM YUM..hehe

I estimate about 500 people disembarked today...More room for us..Woo Hoo..

Will keep everyone posted..We have a special New Menu Tonight at Dinner...I may have to stop by to check it out before palos...

Its Called.."The Magic At Sea" Menu...

Now I wish they could make a pin for this cruise..haha

Talk Later

Had to get some more cash for our Servers today..Clive and Vivian are Great....

I wonder if the cat 3 and 2 rooms are empty if they will let us move in..hehe

Bobby

Update
Hello Everyone...

Just got finished with the Early Dinner..

Not too bad...It was a new Menue..and yes we all got to take them home...

They Said...

"Magic at Sea" and underneath..Galverstan Texas..

HEHE a very nice touch...

The shows have been OK....Some comedian Dont know his name Sorry..

Tonight is a Stomp Like Show...

The way the weather looks...I cant see us docking on Monday..But Who knows...

Will post again later..Lines again..

Bobby

Good Morning
Hello Everyone..

Hope everyone is making ot through the storm OK..

Any updates on the Port Area?...

I cant find any information online...

Will let everyone know about when we will dock on Monday..

Bobby

Another Update
Hello Everyone..

"The Weather started getting rough, The Magic Ship was tossed"...OKOK you all know the rest..

Getting a bit Bumpy out here..We are somewhere between Mexico and Florida, and the Seas that were like glass, Well...Have started rocking the ship,...

Got the announcement that we wont be docking until 4:00pm Monday..and that still may change,...

Any other word on the Port Yet?..

How about Castaway Cay?....

Will let everyone know whats going on as soon as we find out..

Bobby

Monday Morning Update
Good Morning..

As of last night..We are scheduled to Dock at the Port 8:00pm..

The captain informed us, we may stay onboard until tuesday due to the problems in Florida...

I just hope my car is still there...

Seas were rough yesterday..My older daughter wanted to get off...

Last nights show was the farewell Variety and dinner was the Best Of..

I wonder whats in store for today..

Any more upsdates on The Port?..

Thanks

Bobby

Docking Tonight
Hello Everyone..

We cant get into Port canaveral..

We are going to Fort Lauderdale...

Shoulr arrive by Midnight Tonight due to the high ship traffic..

DCL will let us gett off tomorrow morning...

There will be buses for us to go wherever we need..

If anyone cant get flight outs, DCL will put up people on Disney Property with free transfers to the airport..

I just hope my car is ok at the port..

Will talk to everyone when I finally get home..

Bobby

Magic and Wonder
Good morning...

This is the Last post from the First Ever 10 Night Magic Cruise..WOo HOO...

Last night at around 11:00pm..The Wonder pulled into Port..

What a Sight..These really are beautiful looking Ships...Hopefully te pictures came out good...

Leaving the ship ASAP this morning to board a bus to go back to Port Canaveral..

Will let everyone know how it turned out when I get Home...

Speak to everyone soon.

Bobby

Just Got Home
Hello Everyone...

Took 2 days to drive home but we made it..WOO HOO...

I tried to stay behind and East of Frances...So it took a little longer..

I juts wanted to post before i unload my Car..

We did Have a GREAT time...DCL was awesome...A little hectic at the end..But AWESOME indeed..

Will Post alot more when I get things unpacked..

P.S. August 28th is now the First Official 10 night Cruise..WOO HOO..

Talk in a bit..

Bobby

Trip Report
Hello Everyone....

My wife Cindy finally read all of your well wishes..

She was amazed and wants to say thankyou...

I am in the process of making our Trip report..May take a week..will keep everyone informed when it will be done..

Thanks again for all your updates and well wishes...

Bobby, Cindy and Clan

Cars at the Port
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise04
I am assuming all the vehicles at port faired okay if you made it home.

No cars at the Port were damaged...

We were at the Radisson...From what we saw..No cars there were damaged..

Im lucky I fueled up before we parked...Just something my father used to tell us..There was NO gas anywhere..

Thanks again..

Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter