Calling Secondcook

MIB999999

<font color=purple>MIB Fantastic Four sensei<br><f
If we want to give MYTHOS gift crertificates to other AP holders what is the method for doing this.

I know finals are over you got plenty of time to answer these questions!!!:D :D :D

MIB, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you wouldn't get a discount on the GC, the people USING the GC would get their discount when they dine. This is almost always the case with GC's as it is just a form of tender....
Only once or twice have I had to haggle with a server somewhere about getting a discount AND using a GC for payment...they just didn't "get it" that a GC is merely a form of payment, and doesn't effect whether you qualify still for a discount!

I really can't imagine it would be any different, but I figured I'd just offer my take on the subject...obviously I'm just guessing! :D

And hey, no harm in bumping, right? ;)

Karen

Sorry MsDiz but i checked on gift certificates for MYTHOS and was told they do not exist!!!! well after i regained consicousness due to the shock of it all it was time to pay the bill. So i thought a little lite of the public forum to see what is the low down before i go back 12/15:smooth:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmmmm....

Does Universal still have those script bucks or whatever they were? That would be a way to offer someone a gift certificate but you'd have to make them swear that they'd use it at MYTHOS and not Burger Digs or something :D

Do any other restaurants within the park (um, like Lombard's landing?) offer their OWN gift certificates?

Maybe it has to do with that "theme park restaurant" thing...?

I hope that you didn't scare off potential diners, having someone unconscious is NEVER good for business! :D

Karen

Actually, my first finals are today (Tues 12/11). You see, I'm not at UCF yet, who had their finals last week. I'm earning my second degree at Valencia, a Business AA, but should be at UCF this summer.

Anyhoo, I'm sitting in the library on the net right now between my managerial acounting and us govt finals when I should be studying to answer your question: to the beest of my knowledge, there aren't mythos gift certificates. Like Ms Disney brought up, I'm pretty sure you can buy Universal Script money at guest services.

Well, off I go to do more surfing, err, I mean studying!

I checked with guest services and the Universal script bucks do still exist and these are the vechicle to use for Gift Certificates.

These can not be used for tipping the wait staff or a secondcook at a resturant

:smooth:

Gee, I didn't know we were supposed to tip the secondcook! :eek: :eek: :eek:

That sounds about right...you can't really use any giftcertificate for tipping, anyway...eh?

Awww....MIB, just TAKE me to Mythos YOURSELF...THAT will solve the dilemma! :D :rolleyes: :D

Karen

You break 850,000 on MIB and i will take you to MYTHOS. If you break 850,000 while i am in the same car on MIB and i will even buy at MYTHOS:smooth:

Gosh...a challenge!!!

Good news for YOU tho, if I break 850K, with you in the car...I will pass out and die from shock!!! (either that, or it's because you had a faulty gun, or passed out) Tell ya what, if I get that score because you pass out or something and couldn't play right...you don't have to take me THAT day!

I'm a looooooong way from that day anyway!!!

Karen
(who always love to have something to "shoot" for! :D
bah dum ching

At least Universal doesn't shove script bucks down your throat the way Disney tries every possible means to prevent you from spending "Disney Dollars".

2 years ago I went into a Disney store with $100 worth of Disney dollars I had collected from many trips to Disneyworld. No employee at the store had ever exchanged Disney dollars for cash before. After 30 minutes, I walked out with $100 in US currency. I guess everyone else just keeps their Disney dollars in a draw or something...

-Jon

Well, actually...I always joked at the store that, "Noone ever came home with THESE before!!!"

As a side note, you can only exchange DisneyDollars, at the store now with a receipt...and you had to have paid cash too. (ie...if you paid with a CC, you'll get a credit back to your card.) The policy has changed over the past year or so.

I guess I don't really understand the comment about Disney trying every possible way to KEEP you from spending your Disney$$$, they WANT you to spend them...so I must have misunderstood.

Personally, I like Disney $$$, you can SEE what you have...last time I had script bucks, it was a card (like a pass) so you couldn't see how much you had left at any given time.
Karen

I checked with guest services and the Universal script bucks do still exist and these are the vechicle to use for Gift Certificates.

I was at the Studios today and went to Guest Services...I decided it would be good to GET some script bucks since I could charge them and then could spend them for a couple of drinks or snacks (cuz I feel REALLY cheap whipping out my credit card if I want a drink, but cash is a commodity these days!)

So, they told me, after they went to check as well...that they no longer HAVE them. I told them that someone had just called and been told they exist, and I asked if there was some OTHER way to give a gift certificate to someone, and was told, "no". I told them it was silly...and Disney had it goin' on with Disney $$$ that you could purchase and then spend like cash...and they just shrugged. So I told my kids, "well, no drinks today kids, mom has no cash" as we walked out the door. :rolleyes:

Geesh!

Karen

You know MsDiz this is one thing i have noticed. there seems to be a group of people at Universal that are willing to tell you all about something they know nothing about.

So you were at studios, so 12/22 i will unload on IOA guest services.!!! the aliens at MIB will appreciate the break:smooth:

i will unload on IOA guest services.!!! the aliens at MIB will appreciate the break

As if you won't go and show them "what for" as well!!! ;)

I'll have to hit MIB tomorrow morning, I promised my kids I'd show up at USF to see about getting tickets to tomorrows Slime Time Live...it's the last day, what the heck.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter