Camelot Inn or Howard Johnson?

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
Which would you chose and why? I'm just getting ideas for next summer's trip and want to stay as close to DL as possible since my DS will still be in a stroller. I've stayed at Howard Johnson 3 times and loved it. I'm just wondering if there's any better options. I'm open to hearing any suggestions. I prefer a hotel/motel with quick walking distance to DL.

I've stayed at both and liked them both. For me, I would choose the Camelot because I go by walking distance as a tie breaker. But with a small child, I don't know if the water play area at HJ makes a difference for you. The pool at Camelot is nothing special. A typical small super chlorinated motel pool.

Thanks for the responses. I normally judge a hotel by their pool, but that's usually only when I stay at deluxe resorts. I don't care so much when it's a good neighbor hotel. But a good pool at any hotel is always a plus for me.

I've stayed at both and liked them both. For me, I would choose the Camelot because I go by walking distance as a tie breaker. But with a small child, I don't know if the water play area at HJ makes a difference for you. The pool at Camelot is nothing special. A typical small super chlorinated motel pool.

When we were there the first week of August the pool was salt water.

I would stay at Camelot because at the end of the day, I want the closer hotel! :)

We stayed at Camelot and while the rooms were nothing special, and the pool was also pretty standard, the view of fireworks from the pool area was great! We spent nearly all of our time in the parks though, with a few exceptions for nap time for my youngest. If you wanted to spend more time lounging at the pool, Camelot might not be the best pick.

Camelot... Because at the end of the day, if I was staying at HoJo, I'd curse at myself. "If I had stayed at Tropicana, I'd be home now. If I'd stayed at Camelot, I'd be back by now. If I'd just stayed at Fairfield, I'd be there already... If I had just stayed at Courtyard, if be nearly to my room...." And I'd get fussy about it. Been there, done that, except that it was Super 8 on Katella. Every motel I passed was a big reminder that I willingly chose the walk, and started ticking me off!

Camelot... Because at the end of the day, if I was staying at HoJo, I'd curse at myself. "If I had stayed at Tropicana, I'd be home now. If I'd stayed at Camelot, I'd be back by now. If I'd just stayed at Fairfield, I'd be there already... If I had just stayed at Courtyard, if be nearly to my room...." And I'd get fussy about it. Been there, done that, except that it was Super 8 on Katella. Every motel I passed was a big reminder that I willingly chose the walk, and started ticking me off!
Lol, that's the one thing I remember about the walk to and from HoJo. My son will be almost 3 by the next time we go. He *might* enjoy the water structure, but the closer the better.

Anyone have any comments about the park view rooms in building one at HoJo? Pros or cons to this hotel? Also, I know that there is a daily charge for parking. Has anyone arrived early in the day and parked their car there while going to the park prior to checking in? Thanks in advance.

Anyone have any comments about the park view rooms in building one at HoJo? Pros or cons to this hotel? Also, I know that there is a daily charge for parking. Has anyone arrived early in the day and parked their car there while going to the park prior to checking in? Thanks in advance.

I have stayed in the park view rooms in building one. They have two queen beds that are very comfortable, and the room itself has a decent amount of space. There is a small table and two chairs, mini fridge, microwave, keurig, safe, and tv. The decor is pleasant and bright. There is a small balcony you can step out on, and you can see some of the fireworks, at least from the rooms we have stayed in. There is street noise, but I feel these rooms are quieter than the freeway side rooms across the hall. We arrived around 10 in the morning on a weekday in June and were able to store our luggage with the hotel and park our car. The trade-off to that is that since they are making sure there is space available for early arrivals, there is as far as I have been told no availability, free or paid, for staying parked after check-out time.

Thanks for the info. Decided to bite the bullet and we booked the GCH. They’re offering a Magic Key rate.

I have stayed in the park view rooms in building one. They have two queen beds that are very comfortable, and the room itself has a decent amount of space. There is a small table and two chairs, mini fridge, microwave, keurig, safe, and tv. The decor is pleasant and bright. There is a small balcony you can step out on, and you can see some of the fireworks, at least from the rooms we have stayed in. There is street noise, but I feel these rooms are quieter than the freeway side rooms across the hall. We arrived around 10 in the morning on a weekday in June and were able to store our luggage with the hotel and park our car. The trade-off to that is that since they are making sure there is space available for early arrivals, there is as far as I have been told no availability, free or paid, for staying parked after check-out time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter