Campers, I need honest opinions

Okay, y'all have given me lots to think about. I just spoke to my boss, and we are still working out details, but we are now planning to go the week before Thanksgiving break! Booked that, canceled the other.

Of course, I lost all my good dining ressies, but I can work to get them again. Still found Artist Point and Trail's End.

Okay, y'all have given me lots to think about. I just spoke to my boss, and we are still working out details, but we are now planning to go the week before Thanksgiving break! Booked that, canceled the other.

Of course, I lost all my good dining ressies, but I can work to get them again. Still found Artist Point and Trail's End.
November is my favorite time! The days are warm but comfortable humidity. The nights should be comfortable for sleeping too. Plus, you'll get to enjoy the Christmas decorations.

I'm getting super excited about this change. I also decided to get a Boma breakfast ADR (in place of our lost Tusker ADR) and we will have a relaxing day at Animal Kingdom.
The only difficult thing about the trip is we only have ONE Magic Kingdom day in our whole trip that isn't closed early due to the MVMCP. I really want to be able to go there a full day! Which means I have to get on the touring plans ressie finder ASAP. Because my kids really really want to eat in the Beast's Castle!

I'm getting super excited about this change. I also decided to get a Boma breakfast ADR (in place of our lost Tusker ADR) and we will have a relaxing day at Animal Kingdom.
The only difficult thing about the trip is we only have ONE Magic Kingdom day in our whole trip that isn't closed early due to the MVMCP. I really want to be able to go there a full day! Which means I have to get on the touring plans ressie finder ASAP. Because my kids really really want to eat in the Beast's Castle!

Hah....when we go during the MNSSHP or MVMCP times, the early MK closing times present MUCH frustration to my wife in planning, too....lol

We have a trip booked for Sep 26-30. It's all planned and half paid for. We are tent camping.

I'm becoming very concerned about the weather situation in Florida. I do not want to be soggy and hot for nearly a week! However, we would be celebrating a couple of kids' birthdays and enjoying all the Halloween and Fall decorations and parties/events. Also, we have had a rough year and it would be good to get away sooner than later. I just keep thinking about the 2+ hours of setting up camp in the hot afternoon and camping in wet conditions.

Now, we *could* book a different trip for February. Here we would celebrate the adult birthdays and Valentine's Day (not as much fun) during the other Value priced package time, and the crowds should be lower since there's no free dining, and the weather is less likely to be a problem. I'm worried about ride closure, less Magic, chilly days.

What would y'all do?
I'm a Texan & would be completely unwilling to camp in Florida in September. Too hot, humid & wet. We loved camping there in mid-March, and February would likely be nice, as well.

I'm a Texan & would be completely unwilling to camp in Florida in September. Too hot, humid & wet. We loved camping there in mid-March, and February would likely be nice, as well.
We booked for November! I think this will work best as a compromise between special events and weather. Super excited!

Hah....when we go during the MNSSHP or MVMCP times, the early MK closing times present MUCH frustration to my wife in planning, too....lol
I know I have more than 5 mo this to get the durn thing, but of course, I'm obsessively checking times now. I don't even think I'm going to like the food, but being in the park pre-opening with kids who've never been, and then eating in the castle? I will prevail!

We got lucky for our trip in Sept, we have breakfast reservations for CRT, and then later in the week have a Diner reservation for BOG.

We got lucky for our trip in Sept, we have breakfast reservations for CRT, and then later in the week have a Diner reservation for BOG.

We had reservations on one of our trips for breakfast at CRT. The food was typical Disney (IMHO) and was okay, but for the cost of this meal (at that time we had DDP and it was 2 table service credits), we felt Soooooooo Rushed! OMG, it seems when the Princesses stopped by your table they were ready to leave after 1 picture. (We had 3 "Kids" with us. DD10, DD17 and her BF20) and they each wanted their pictures (DD17 and BF20 wanted "Theirs" separate although DW and I did want all of them in a "Group" too). They migrated to the youngest... Signed autograph book, waited for the snap... off they went, or rather tried to. We had to tell them to wait.

I get they have a lot of folks to get too, but WOW!

Even the food seemed to be "rushed". Also had a difficult time getting drinks refilled.

While I am glad we did the CRT, I think that is one of those "One and Done" for us. It was a neat experience though.

We always go the last week of January, first couple weeks of Feb, before the holiday weekend. We love this time of year. The weather can be cooler some days, but is usually great. The crowds are low, and the weather allows for a much more enjoyable experience. There are some ride closures, but nothing that ruins the trip. I would choose February hands down ... we are going on our fourth trip for that time of year!

I was gonna say BOTH! But of course, the week before Thanksgiving is a fantastic week to go!!! We have been in Sep and Feb but of course, never in a tent.. my wife fancies herself a city gal and sleeping on the ground or anything close to it aint in the cards..

We went camping at the Fort one year in Feb and had a great trip. The first few days, it was in the 80s and a little too warm. We also had few nights when we had to break out the extra blankets because it got down in the 40. We would definitely pick a little too chilly over much too hot and humid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter