Campsite and don't use it..There at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to goof on them now for entertainment purposes. I wonder if I can get that thread closed? HIJACK TIME!

It's the mother talking also. :thumbsup2 As parents, we're all teachers to our children.
I'll never forget the look on my son's face when I went back around to the Taco Bell drive through to return the near $40.00 extra change that the cashier gave me. When I counted it, my son had this huge Christmas morning grin...and when I pulled back in..he was dumbfounded. I told him, it wasn't ours to keep. That the cashier might loose her job..and someday he might have a job where he might loose it if he made such a mistake.

I think you're right..what are they teaching their kids by doing something like that? Seems so petty and small, and not a big deal. Only kids watch every little thing. They don't stay little forever..and it would be nice if they turned out to be decent human beings, and you know as a parent that you had just a little something to do with that.

Auntie,
it's people like you that are the reason our family chooses to camp. I'll never forget our 1st trip to FW this past fall (I was nervous--we have 4 kids, and have stayed in every type of resort Disney has to offer) my kids said that they had never made so many "friends" before. We are hooked--we love our family too, and want to enjoy them as long as we can!:goodvibes

Okay..now someone has accused me of being self serving..and that the position of the OP in the thread is basically the same as mine. I am apparently taking a stand that I "think" is some grand, ethical point of view.
How DARE I?:mad:

I'm with JIM
KUNGALOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Okay..now someone has accused me of being self serving..and that the position of the OP in the thread is basically the same as mine. I am apparently taking a stand that I "think" is some grand, ethical point of view.
How DARE I?:mad:

I'm with JIM
KUNGALOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Again I'm going to post something that a lot here don't want to hear, but I don't see the problem in doing what the OP in that other thread is thinking. It's no different than the often suggested "work around" here on this forum of booking longer days than you think you will need just to game the system and canceling the unwanted days later thus denying someone of those days just to get what you want ressie wise. Think of how hard it is for someone wanting some of the dates you have reserved and plan to cancel that can't get what they need/want. IMHO this is the worst abuse next to double booking ADRs that I can think of for WDW.

BTW I have never done this and just do the call and call again, but I have seen a lot of recommendations from FW campers to do what is described above and to me that is even more wrong than what the OP in that other thread suggested.

Actually at least in my mine going to FW just for the campground is almost as bad since you might be denying someone looking to go to WDW and the parks in an RV and have no other options. In this case you are denying someone the WDW experience (not just FW) and you could combine your FW experience with the park experience.

Whatever the loop hole is that some see it is what it is. Heck it might be worth it for a large family to book a tent site and use it just for parking and the entrance into the WDW transportation system and available for what FW activities they want to do including the HDDR and have their vehicle available afterward to go where ever.

Larry

Okay Larry....I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave!:laughing: It's either that or tar and feather ya...which is it gonna be?:confused3

Hmm..I've got a feeling it wouldn't be the first time you've heard this?:rotfl2:

Okay Larry....I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave!:laughing: It's either that or tar and feather ya...which is it gonna be?:confused3

Hmm..I've got a feeling it wouldn't be the first time you've heard this?:rotfl2:

Hey no problem I just say what I think is right and let the chips fall where they might. :cool1: :thumbsup2 Each of us have our opinions that won't be changed on what is posted in cyber space so if I get buried in them chips so be it and it wouldn't be the first time:lmao:

Larry

Okay Terri it was you who got the thread closed!:rotfl2:
Ah...I'm just annoyed that they closed with Air...whoever's comments Where she was proud of herself for calling reservations and confusing a castmember with her inquiry.
WIERD.:scared:

Okay Terri it was you who got the thread closed!:rotfl2:
Ah...I'm just annoyed that they closed with Air...whoever's comments Where she was proud of herself for calling reservations and confusing a castmember with her inquiry.
WIERD.:scared:

Ya that was just over the top...

I liked that crack about bringing the refillable mugs from 1980 when you raid the pools.:rolleyes: :laughing: Gotta laugh..what else can you do.

I forget who said this on the resort board - it was whoever called CRO to check the 'rules' ....

Again, a hestitation probably trying to figure out why, but she then said, "if you stay at the campsite then you're eligible for the DDP, so if that's what you want to do I'd be happy to book it for you".

I guess she didn't take that to mean if you sleep there :confused3 :confused3
Seems like Eleanor answered her question, but she chose to interpret it the way she wanted??

I realize another CM could give another answer. Disney's Carousel of Policy, you know :laughing: Thanks, Carol - I'm always using that there quote of yours! :rotfl:

IMHO - argueing with these self-centered slobs is akin to trying to "pee-out" a forest fire. Basically, they will continue to do this because they "think" they're getting something for nothing. I agree with Donnie. Just book ressies for anytime you think you may come to FtW & cancel if your plans change.

Paying $42 a night just so you can get the DDP (or whatever it's called), free parking, and EMH privileges is just downright stupid. I understand not wanting to pay $11/day for parking - but again, IMHO, $42/day vs. $11/day just doesn't make any sense - unless you don't have the $$ & are using a credit card. They don't take CC's at the parking kiosks, do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter