Campsite size and other questions

babsaroo53

Earning My Ears
We are anxiously awaiting our WDW trip and will arrive at Fort Wilderness on June 24. This is our second trip to WDW but first to FW. We are traveling with another family that has never been to WDW so we want it to be extra special.

I received our reservation confirmation today and it states we are guaranteed a site 60'x10'. The width seems small for a 5th Wheel with a slide and awning. Does the 10' reflect the paved area only? I plan on faxing a final request to the site assigner a few days before we arrive.

Also, if you travel with another family, what are the chances of getting sites near each other? We are arriving on a Monday. We have our requests for adj. sites, RV info and loop request (1600) on our initial reservation since made last July.

We are traveling from Texas and will stay overnight near Pensacola. We are planning on leaving Pensacola at 5:30 am to get to FW. I think it will be about a 5-6 hour drive...I'm not sure. If we arrive before noon, will it improve our site possiblilities? Is Monday a bad day to arrive? Guess that's a dumb question since we're locked in to arriving on Monday.

If you buy park admission tickets at FW. Are they paper or plastic? If you buy them at the Disney Store, are they paper or plastic.

Thanks again for your help and expertise!

Hi babsaroo53,

I will try to help you out with some of your questions.
I am not familiar with the 60' x 10' guaranteed site on
your comformation but I would call back and ask. I
would call FW direct as CRO would have to research
this. The phone number I have to FW is 407-824-2900.
I hope this still works the last time I went was in 2000.
At this time I would also mention that you are traveling
with another family and would like adjoining campsites.

According to my trip software the drive from Pensacola
to FW will be around 8 hours. You may want to drive a
little further, if possible, on your first day to cut down
the drive on your arrival day.

If you buy park admission at FW they can put the
hopper on your onsite guest card which is plastic.
This is what you get instead of a room key since you
are in a campsite. The hoppers you get at the Disney
store are on a coated paper. They are pretty
durable though.

If you have any more questions please let us know
and have a great time.

Hi,

We just got back from FW in January of this year. I would suggest that you NOT buy your park passes until you get to The Fort. Everything issued at FW is plastic.

Further, I would also suggest NOT putting your parkhopper on your WDW Resort ID. You can (we have done this for 10 years) get seperate Park Hopper passes that you can use for years. If you buy a 7 day package and only use 5, it's difficult to remember what's on it if you use the Resort ID.

We throw our resort IDs away and keep all the rest of the plastic. We find it much easier to keep the "tickets" seperate from the "IDs".

:) Just my $0.02.

Have a great trip!

Judy

Thanks to all for the great info. We are so excited and hope this week goes by quickly. We did some more shopping today for the trip.

If anyone drives from Texas, please share your stops.

Thanks again. I hope I can share some information after our trip.

Sounds like a fun trip. We always enjoy sharing WDW with people who have never been before. Probably be four to six months before we go again but we're looking forward to it now!

We take eight hours to drive the M/H from Pensacola to WDW, but then I don't hurry. Our daughter used to be a CM and she says she drives it in about six hours. But she isn't driving a large RV and she tends to drive a lot faster than the speed limit! :earseek:

The sites have a ten ft. wide concrete pad to park on with about four ft. of sandy gravel on the drivers side, plenty of room for hooking up the utilities. Behind the pad is about fifteen ft. of sandy gravel, a lot of people put up tents in this area. The passenger side ranges from about four ft. to about ten ft. depending on whether or not you tell the CM that you have an awing you're putting up. The sites are not on top of each other like most RV parks. There will be an area of trees and brush seperating the site, distance depends on each site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter