• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can an American who is currently overseas book a resort through the UK or EU website?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
It may seem strange but due to currency conversions it may be cheaper. Is this allowed?

I can’t answer your question regarding Disney, however about 7 years ago I booked a couple of Mediterranean MSC cruises through the Italian website while at home in the US. This was back when the US site was just launching so if you searched MSC you would first be brought to the Italian site, then have to select the US site from the main page on the Italian site. I quickly realized that the Italian rates were much less. Obviously the site was in Italian, but I speak a little Italian so it was easy to navigate. Saved me hundreds of dollars on each cruise. Never had any issues at check in. After booking two cruises at two different times something caught on and when I would go to the Italian site it would automatically switch me to the US site. I thought I was clever, never crossed my mind that I could be doing something wrong.

I seem to recall this being discussed in the past. When you input your credit card to pay it will likely bounce since the country associated with the card is different from the country website you are trying to use.

The park tickets require your billing address to match. For FL passes, you have to have a FL billing address.

If it did work you will be charged conversion rates and a small fee maybe big depending on card on your credit card unless you have an Amex platinum while there may be more that is the only one I am aware of. I know regular Amex charges as well. The current listed exchange rate is also not typically the one used by a credit card. Still a potential savings but make Sure it’s not a few hundred as you may lose in the end.

If you are in the U.K. , you could book through a U.K. travel agent. They have shops, so you can physically go in and book your trip. Check the booking conditions though, as they are far more restrictive than US bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter