Can Anyone Help me...?

cgbsilver@hotmail.co

MAN OF MEANS BY NO MEANS THAT LITTLE OLD WINE DRI
DVC Gold
When it comes to WDW, I think I have got pretty covered, thnaks to all of you here fellow DIS'iers and MouseSavers. However I am so lost about DL, We are going in June and I am clueless, about what deals are available, or if I should book a package or not. I have res. from June 21st until June 28th. For $ 2,700.00, at the Disneyland Hotel, with the Airline Employee discount, Pool View 2 adults, 3 Children, 5 day Hopper ticket and two character Breakfast. It is cheaper than anything else I have found, but I think I should be able to get a better deal.

What do you think?

I would say that is probably about the best deal you are going to find. You are traveling during peak season and staying onsite. They may have a special between now and then its hard to say. I think last year around that time ( although I think it was later, toward fall) they had stay 3 nights get one free. Possible they might offer something like that again.

If you are looking for something cheaper I wond consider staying offsite. There are a number of nice places, within walking distance- for 1/2 the price. Bottom line, CA has a much higher cost of living, so it is more expensive to visit there!

Other options would be buying an AP, and hoping they offer AP rates.

Although it is really nice staying on site, there are really nice hotels the same distance from the DLH. But now I think about it, that is a really good deal. I hope you have a great trip.

Are you an AAA member? You can often get better deals through AAA than through the hotel. But the DL hotel has given me AAA rates as well.
Does the $2700 include airfare or is that just seven nights hotel and hopper passes?

i ran the figures on aaa web site and got 2360 without air so your deal sounds pretty good if it includes air.

there are less expensive hotels, that are as close as dh if you are willing to give up a little magic for some $$

disneedee said:
i ran the figures on aaa web site and got 2360 without air so your deal sounds pretty good if it includes air.

there are less expensive hotels, that are as close as dh if you are willing to give up a little magic for some $$

Correction is 8 nights and not seven as mentined before, sorry for the mistake.

This is what I am getting.

1775.60 Room plus tax
805.00 Tickets 2 adults and 3 Children
198.16 Breakfast for two mornings

Total 2,778.76

What do you think ? Ok or could I still get something better.

Keep in mind I don't want to stay anywhere else, I am just trying to find out if this is a good deal.

Let me know

Christian

Considering when you are traveling, I'd say you have a pretty good deal. Rates always go up in the summer. Just relax and know that you are going to Disneyland!!

if yours doesn't include air i would have definetly said to book through aaa so that you would have the enhanced fastpasses as you are staying at a disney location anyway and my figures from aaa looked slightly lower than yours, I only did one breakfast on mine though, had you checking out on the 28th, and all 3 kids under 9, with 5 day hoppers

BUT

when i tried to run the figures again today the AAA shows no availiblity for any dl hotels over that time period. My guess is there is a busy weekend in there somewhere.

you could try calling AAA and talking to an agent to get a package price

but what ever you are doing make sure you have it in place soon looks like those might be busy days

That's about $221 a night with a pool view, in a peak season. I'd say that's a good deal for the DLH. I have paid that much for a standard view in a non peak season. Also, the deals like the stay 3 nights get one free are only offered during non peak times. You might check on Expedia. That is usually what I use when booking the DLH but I don't think you would save much if any. Also, Expedia only books standard view rooms at the DLH and the pool view will be nice. You won't have a view of the fireworks (which are so much better from the parks anyway) but you won't be looking at a parking lot either! I would stick with this and be satisfied you are getting a good deal. Also, I think your price on tickets and character breakfasts sounds pretty good too. Have fun!

but if you want to stay in a Disney hotel, it will be. We were there last year from late May/ early June. By booking through MouseSavers I got a hotel room at HoJos that could have slept up to 5 and paid about $60 a night. It's your call. For my family, it would be a complete stupidity to pay over $150 more a night. We use our hotel for a quick dip and sleeping. I'd rather have the extra $1000 in my pocket...or to spend elsewhere. If you are the sort who will only feel that you've had the true Disney experience if you stay at their hotels, you've probably got about the best deal you're going to find.

Staying onsite is either something you want to spend the money on or you don't. If you do, I doubt you will be anything but pleased with the Disneyland Hotel. There are definitely cheaper options offsite and I do that sometimes, like next week for example, but in June with crowded parks and that length of a stay, the DLH will be a really nice bonus. The OP sounds like they are wanting to stay at the DLH, I say go for it at that price and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter